would you lie? xx

Lexi's Mummy

Linzi xx
Reaction score
well maybe not so much lie but perhaps hold back the truth a little..
i will be 7 weeks on Thursday at my booking in app with the midwife where i will receive my notes and be booked in for upcoming scans.. anyway i have 6 weekly cycles and therefore know exactly when i ovulate. anyway my point is, when my midwife goes from my lmp she will put me at 9 weeks on thurs?.

my question is do i say nothing and let her note me down as 9 therefore recieving my scan earlier? or do i explain my cycle and just wait..

what would you do.. i just hate this stage of waiting and not knowing anything :( xx

My doctors office didn't care that I knew I wasn't pregnant the first month I missed (skipped) my period. I knew I was a whole month behind but they would only keep it at my LMP until my dating scan. I don't think there's anything wrong with leaving it the way it is to get your scan earlier :flower:

I personally would tell her you THINK you're actually around 7 weeks and not 9, but you aren't sure exactly when you ovulated. That way she won't go to do what she's expecting to be a 9 week scan and be alarmed that the embryo is measuring 2 weeks behind what it's supposed to. And she still might scan you according to LMP, not what you "think" your dates are (even though you're actually sure of them). That's what my doctor did, and sure enough I was right!

thanks hun. i recall with my last dd (9months) they asked if my cycle was a regular 28 days before asking for my lmp. i always had a 31day cycle before giving birth the second time but since dd im now on 6 week cycles. i may just say yes to regular cycles and then let her book my 12week scan and just know not to worry if the sonographer says im only measuring 10 weeks as i will only be 10 xx

I personally would tell her you THINK you're actually around 7 weeks and not 9, but you aren't sure exactly when you ovulated. That way she won't go to do what she's expecting to be a 9 week scan and be alarmed that the embryo is measuring 2 weeks behind what it's supposed to. And she still might scan you according to LMP, not what you "think" your dates are (even though you're actually sure of them). That's what my doctor did, and sure enough I was right!

over here it wont be the midwife that scans me, it will be a sonographer at the hospital. the midewife go on whatever they say is the edd.. i could even explain that to the sonographer about the ovulation. just not to the midwife in the first meeting just to get the scan booked?? xx

They wouldn't listen to me with my second baby that my cycles were a lot longer and still went by 28 day lmp dates and scanned me when i was meant to be 12 weeks, but i knew it wouldn't be right and i was 10 weeks, they just then scanned me again a couple of weeks later x

I was honest with my midwife and she still went by my lmp and I ended up having my scan too early and having to have another at 13 weeks. Be honest with her but I don't think it will make any difference she'll still book you in based of a 28 day cycle.

maybe ill losely explain the situation to her then.. i obviously dont mind having to go back to be rescanned a couple of weeks later lol x

If you opt for the NT scan its best to have it done after 12 weeks x

For my second and third pregnancies, my due date was an entire week off. My second measured a week large (so 2 weeks big!) until the last 2 months when he dropped down to correct size based on ovulation. Well everyone freaked anyways.
Then with my 3rd I insisted we go by my ovulation date and they still went by my LMP even though she measured a week behind that the whole time.
So this time around, my LMP due date & my ovulation based due date are 2 weeks apart!!! So I fibbed.... I figured out my due date according to ovulation Feb 2nd & then figure out when my LMP would've been according to that.
I don't normally advocate for fibbing to Drs but I'm always overdue and hate the pressure of "you should get induced" even though baby and I are fine.

You can refuse a scan, can't you? Personally, I've never had an ultrasound and I've had two children. I've gone based on last period. but if my cycles were long and they weren't going to adjust for it, I'd just tell them how many weeks I was based on when I think I ovulated. Just remember to add two weeks to when you ovulated.

My midwife didn't listen to me when I was pregnant with my son. I told her I ovulated early that cycle from tracking with opks and early ultrasound determined him to be 5 days off my lmp but she said she wouldn't change anything unless it was off by a week or more.

I feel like doctors don't believe we are capable of knowing our own bodies or cycles. So telling her the truth probably won't even matter. That said, I'd probably tell the truth just to avoid any misunderstandings about baby's health. But I don't think you'd be wrong if you "lied," either.

I'm a week ahead of what the midwives think I am and they won't change it. I've had 2 private scans that put me a week ahead of their date. I know when I go for my scan on Friday I'll be 13+1. But they think ill be 12+1. I literally had a scan last week showing I was 11+2 but they will not listen to you. I'd just let them do whatever lol

They will change it when you have your official NHS '12 week scan'

thanks ladies :) i have decided to keep quiet for the midwife and let her arrange me the scan and then tell the sonographer that i know im more likely to be 10 weeks rather than the 12 the midwife claims to be. if i have to go back for another scan after 12 weeks then thats fine by me :) xx

I'd recommend just being honest with her.
Also here where I live, your dating scans are 10-13/14 weeks , so no other scan would be given

In Enhland for combined screening it's 11+6-13+6 so you would definitely be scanned again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->