Would You Pay This Much

tverb84

Reaction score
I'm torn over wanting to see Katy Perry this summer on her Prism tour.The prices for the tickets are almost $200 just for one ticket and that's in the nose bleed section. There's also the cost of merchandise that has to be factored in too.I would love to see her but do I want to spend that much? :shrug:

Would anyone pay that much for a concert ticket?

No way - wouldn't even pay that to see my favourite band. I'd only pay that for a 3 day festival. Is that RRP?? Or re-sellers?

I'm not sure what rrp means but the tickets are on sale through ticketmaster.

I'm not sure what rrp means but the tickets are on sale through ticketmaster.

Yeah sorry that's what I meant. That's awful! Surely the show doesn't cost THAT much to hold? So often these shows are sponsored by big companies too, and so much of the money is made from merch.

I dunno, it grates on me how tickets are so extortionate these days. Completely alienates a huge portion of their fan base.

I'll decide soon since the tickets go on sale Monday.

No I wouldn't! I love live music but the atmosphere can be just as good with an unknown band in a pub for free, so I'd never pay an extortionate amount. You could probably get festival tickets to somewhere she's actually playing for less than that!

I love Katy Perry and if I had the money saved up, I'd go.

No I wouldn't! I love live music but the atmosphere can be just as good with an unknown band in a pub for free, so I'd never pay an extortionate amount. You could probably get festival tickets to somewhere she's actually playing for less than that!

I don't think she does many festivals.

AHHH! Actually I might! She's coming close to me and I won't be pregnant! Ooohh, I love her!

If I reallllyyyy loved the person/act the yeah I would! It all depends on how much you want to go!! xx

I'm paying over £100 to see Justin Timberlake - it's a treat for my birthday and he comes here so rarely that I think it's worth it!

I would only pay that money for a musician I loved and if they didn't tour often, so if a band had been out of the game for a while and came back (I.e. The Chilis) I'd go for it. I would pay a lot to see Muse again I've seen them a lot they're my favourite band. But these are musicians with a lot of albums to their name, I'm not a huge fan of Katy Perry's (I don't mind her music I like listening to it on the radio but I wouldn't buy her album) but I think it is extortionate someone who has barely been in the business 5 minutes charges that much, plus the kinda musicians I mentioned put on a great live show, I don't feel like the kinda show a pop artist like Katy perry could put on would reflect $200, but you can't beat Muse live, if you catch my drift. So no I wouldn't.

I would only pay that money for a musician I loved and if they didn't tour often, so if a band had been out of the game for a while and came back (I.e. The Chilis) I'd go for it. I would pay a lot to see Muse again I've seen them a lot they're my favourite band. But these are musicians with a lot of albums to their name, I'm not a huge fan of Katy Perry's (I don't mind her music I like listening to it on the radio but I wouldn't buy her album) but I think it is extortionate someone who has barely been in the business 5 minutes charges that much, plus the kinda musicians I mentioned put on a great live show, I don't feel like the kinda show a pop artist like Katy perry could put on would reflect $200, but you can't beat Muse live, if you catch my drift. So no I wouldn't.

Muse are brilliant live. Saw them last year in may in London, the atmosphere was electric. And the ticket was only £50 not nearing £200.

I don't think I'd pay that to see my favourite band. I've seen Radiohead live (they were my favourite band at the time) and that only cost £25. OH and I want to see rammstein when they tour here again and I think their tickets are only 50€ or so. $200 sounds like a lot.

Muse are brilliant live. Saw them last year in may in London, the atmosphere was electric. And the ticket was only £50 not nearing £200.

I don't think I'd pay that to see my favourite band. I've seen Radiohead live (they were my favourite band at the time) and that only cost £25. OH and I want to see rammstein when they tour here again and I think their tickets are only 50€ or so. $200 sounds like a lot.

At the Emirates yeah? I was there too :) there's a reason they have won best live band awards and I like that their heads haven't gotten so big and made their ticket prices extortionate like some acts. To really experience a band like Muse you need to see them live, I find most pop acts aren't the same in terms of live music experiences thus although fun to see, not justified paying a price like $200.

Also a huge muse fan! They were fab live. Also loved faithless. amazing!

I would if it were someone I really wanted to see, I wouldn't have an issue paying the money

Have to say though after seeing her live performances recently on tv over here (xfactor) I wouldn't be wasting the money on her, she was awful.

If I could afford it I would, but not if it was going to leave me short.

If it's someone you would adore to see, I would. I'd see Gaga everytime regardless of the cost, no question.

I would if it was a band I had been wanting to see, yeah. I would love to see muse or the chilis :p

But that kind of price for a generic pop act is ridiculous imo

I would pay it to see somebody like Foo Fighters, David Bowie, Greenday or Pearl Jam because it's always really hard to get tickets (especially Bowie haha) and they don't tour here as often. I don't know much about Katie Perry as she's not my taste but I imagine cos she's still at the height of popularity she's still touring quite a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->