Would you say....

Braven05

Mommy to Avery <3
Reaction score
that after making 3 girls a man can't have boys or the odds are higher that we'll have another girl next time around? I can't believe I already have another baby on the brain so soon and our LO is only 12 weeks old :haha: I will plan on beginning TTC in February 2013 so LO will be 18 months then. I won't be upset if we have another girl, but I'd like a little boy. My OH has two girls from his first marriage (they're 7 & 9) and we have Avery...and OH is insistent that he can't have boys. Maybe he's got more female sperm than male sperm...or his male sperm is really sluggish (wouldn't be too far fetched if they took after him :haha:)?

I've no idea the odds of it but I will say my Dad had two girls, then a boy, then two girls...so I guess it's possible. x

My friend had five girls in a row and then a boy :thumbup: it only takes one lazy male sperm lol xx

My friends OH has 3 boys (two with her,one from a previous relationship) and insisted he couldn't have girls... next baby was a girl :) x

Yay! Guess it is possible. Now I need to get the thought off my brain lol Its way too soon to be longing for another baby...want to just enjoy the one that I have and in a little over a year we'll think about TTC again. I am NOT ready to be preggo again, although as miserable as it was...I think that whole amnesia thing really happens because none of it seems to matter anymore, now that I have my little pumpkin

The odds of having a baby of either gender are virtually 50/50 regardless of how many children of the same sex you have had before as men make equal amounts of male and female sperm (its accurately about 51/49 in favour of a boy)

Its actually a little confusing, each time you have a baby, its a 50/50 chance, but if you have previously had 3 girls statistically its becomes rarer for there to be a 4th. So the first child its a 50/50, to have a 3rd child of the same sex its still 50/50 chance for that child, but out of the whole population it would be a 25% chance, and to have a 4th child of the same sex it again would be a 50/50 chance of making a boy or a girl, but over the whole population having 4 children of the same sex is actually quite rare at a 12.5% chance!

hmm...does that make sense?

My cousin had 3 boys and then a girl so it can definitely happen!

Yes it does make sense! Although my brother has 5 boys with 2 different women...

i have 3 girls 1 boy although i had 2 girls then boy then girl but it can happen

Well we have 4 boys so I guess were rare lol. I'd love a little girl x

Except it says my LO that I had in August was a boy lol

I already have 4 boys and just had a girl so its possible to get the opposite eventually :thumbup:

My brother has 4 daughters and my cousin has just given birth to her 5th girl.
Although, my brothers daughters are by 3 women so don't know if thats down to him or her.

My neighbour has 7 boys! She kept trying for her little girl, she got there on the 8th! So it can definately happen!!

My sister had 4 boys under 4! My other sister had a boy, then a girl then 2 more boys, I had a boy (I'm not having 4!!) xx

Oh my god, I remember when I was pregnant watching a show about a woman desperate to have a girl and she had like 7 boys and was pregnant with an 8th and it was a boy too...I just would *like* a little boy but won't be the end of the world if our next is a little girl...I quite enjoy having a little girl

As far as I was aware, as a couple if you have three children of the same gender, you're more likely to have the same gender again. Of course, that doesn't mean you can't or won't have the opposite gender.

I have three boys with my ex (who hasn't had a girl in his side of the family for several generations, but that could be coincidence) and have had three girls with my husband.

Hmm well boys run on my side of the family but not with my OH - he's so funny though, he enjoys having all the girls...he wanted this LO to be a girl and says he doesn't know what he'd do with a boy lol What a weird man

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->