Would you take your 3 year old with you to hospital?

Earl will be going to my MILs. I don't want him to see me in pain. I get very vocal and I think it would stress him out. My hope is to labour at home as long as possible, and given my 43 hour labour last time, I think it'll give us time to ship him the 2 hours each way! :blush: MIL has offered to meet us half way lol.

If I labour at night though we may just have to wait til morning so we'll have to see. :shrug:

There is no way I would be able to have an epidural and properly care for my son (who will be close to 3 at that time). He is too energetic and requires more than just a few toys. I don't think I could deal with him repeatedly asking me "you alright mommy?"...it drives me insane when he does it with a cold!! Plus my labor with him was over night and then it almost led to the OR. Too much could go wrong and I don't want to worry what am I going to do with him if I have to go to OR and have a section. This is one time in my life that I can't totally focus on him.

I will not be bringing my 3 year old into the hospital. She is more than welcome to come before the birth and after. She is not old enough, in my opinion, to handle the pain that I will be in. I don't want to scare her.

i wouldnt do it as it could fear the child, they could see too much, it would also have them asking questions that i would hope wouldnt come up for years and years lol and you also dont want them telling other peoples kids what they saw.

I wouldn't do it. IMO, they are just too young at that age, plus it will be a distraction. My older two were two and one when my third was born and none of the several people who had agreed to watch them were available, so I ended up having to just have DH drop me off at the hospital and then come back for a bit after the birth once our neighbor got done with her college classes and took the older two. My oldest today started talking about going to the hospital with me to "get the new baby" and I had to tell him that he could come see me after the baby is born, but not until then. Child birth is not something little boys need to see.

Also, at that age, they are going to be very interested in the machines and trying to play with them. Then your OH will have to deal with trying to be there for you while trying to keep a very curious little boy from messing with some very expensive equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->