would you try again after 4 m/c

3xscharmer

4 earth babies!
Reaction score
I am currently going through my 4th m/c right now and while trying again should be the last thing on my mind but I need to decide what to do before I ovulate in a few weeks. So here's my story: Igor pregnant in september 2009 baby 1 measured behind was told I was off on my dates but I knew something was wrong, I started spotting a few days later and baby 1's heartbeat had slowed, after a week of nothing I went back to the doctor and at 10 weeks there was no heartbeat and I had to have a d snd c. I waited 2 cycles per doctors suggestion and got pregnant again but had a natural m/c at 5 weeks with no pain, waited 1 cycle after we lost baby 2 and got pregnant again with Olivia and she's a happy healthy. 9 month old so third time was the charm. At 6 month postpartum we found out we were pregnant again with baby 4 and since we'd been trying we were thrilled, but I miscarried shortly after the 4 week mark it was a natural and extremely painful experience. We waited 2 cycles and tried again and git pregnant with baby 5 I went yesterday to get my hcg tested and got the results today but by the time the nurse called I was already spotting, my level was 59. I go in on Thursday to make sure my levels are back down and on October 6 I'm meeting with the doctor, according to the nurse she wants to go over my miscarriage history with me. I know I can have a healthy pregnancy so I don't know if we should wait or try again or give up. We only want one more and then I will get my five's tied!

Honestly, I would try again after 10! I want another baby so badly I ache. Like you I have one healthy child so I know I can carry a baby to term. I have only had one miscarriage, and I am hoping that I will get my Rainbow next time (hopefully this month FX'd).

I am so sorry for your losses, and only you know if you are strong enough to keep trying.:hugs:

I'm sorry for your losses..me..I think I'd keep going and maybe get some basic tests under way which it sounds like you are baout to do.##

XxX

I'd try again. I can't think of any reason why not. Have you had the blood tests for recurrent miscarriages? It might be worth discussing that with the doctor. I've had 3 altogether and now I think I'll never have a baby because I'm 42. But why not try because most miscarriages are due to chromosome abnormalities, so it's like rolling a dice again. You could be lucky or unlucky but every roll brings you nearer to your goal of having your second child. But since you've already had a healthy pregnancy chances are the doctor won't change anything so what's the point of waiting? I feel for your loss because a miscarriage is a wrenching blow and very few people have any understanding of the grief a woman goes through when they have a miscarriage. Regardless of how far along your pregnancy is that's your little bundle of hope and you form this attachment which nobody understands. My gynaecologist said to me "I'm not a betting man but if I were I'd place a bet that your next pregnancy will be a healthy one". But I never found out because my OH and I broke up over the stress of TTC. Keep us posted!

after my first mc i thought im never getting pregnant again, but....now im trying harder than ever! even though it might end with the same fate im still hoping. after 3 mc I would get tests done but yeah still ttc no question.

go with your heart girl x x

hun if its something you really want. it sounds like it is, go for it!

i mean if it were me, i wouldnt stop!

see how it goes!!

I just had my second miscarriage days ago. We still haven't had a baby yet and I want a baby with all of my heart and soul, we're trying for the next 3/4 years and if we have no luck...we're heading the adoption route, but still not giving up hope. I'm not going to rest until I have a baby, or become a mother. I'm sorry about your losses. Two miscarriages have been hard enough, it truely does break your heart.

Thank you so much ladies, I really needed that extra little push, hubby wants to try again too! As far as testing goes, I guess on October 6 when we meet with the doctor she'll let us know what the next step is. Since I have had a healthy pregnancy with NO medical intervention I don't know if they'll do testing or refer me somewhere that does. I just go in for a blood test next week to make sure all my levels are back to normal. I started taking maca this morning in hopes it'll help level my hormones out. We are NOT going to wait to try again though because we have waited before and still miscarried. Thanks again ladies, so sorry for all of your losses too and fx for all of you!

p.s. 3xscharmer I thought of something important. If you conceive within 6 months of a first trimester miscarriage the chances of a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby are much higher. Then the longer it goes after that the more chance of miscarriage/foetal abnormality. This is recent research from a large UK based research study published around 1-2 years ago from memory. So even some doctors won't know about it. Check it out you could find a summary on Google. So aside from another roll of the dice it's a weighted dice, weighted in favour of a good outcome! Good luck I'm keeping my fingers crossed and thank you girls for your messages.

BBgirl - That's funny, now that you mention it I think I have come across something to that effect. Thanks for that bit of info, makes me feel better about trying straight away, last time we tried straight away I ended up pregnant 1 cycle later and carried to term so I hope this time I'll be able to get pregnant this cycle and carry to term too! I just want 1 more healthy baby...good luck to you!

p.s. 3xscharmer I thought of something important. If you conceive within 6 months of a first trimester miscarriage the chances of a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby are much higher. Then the longer it goes after that the more chance of miscarriage/foetal abnormality. This is recent research from a large UK based research study published around 1-2 years ago from memory. So even some doctors won't know about it. Check it out you could find a summary on Google. So aside from another roll of the dice it's a weighted dice, weighted in favour of a good outcome! Good luck I'm keeping my fingers crossed and thank you girls for your messages.

My GP also said that this was the case in 80% of pregnancies :thumbup:

Bad luck for me though and I was in the 20% and then the 1% too :hissy:

Don't give up...it'll be all worth it :hugs:

XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member