Would you?

winterbabies3

Wife, Mother & Expecting
Reaction score
Through my husband's work he will be winning a trip to Mexico for being in the top 40 of the company. Its the 23rd of Oct to the 26th. We will have a barley 1 month old and not to mention 2 other "babies" ages 2 and 4 that are very needy of us and won't leave our sides. I am sooooooo torn on if I should go or not. Husband and I haven't been on a DATE in over 4 years. We had plans on going to concerts and dinners, but even cancelled those cause they were too late in the night. This is a once in a life time thing for us, we could never afford something like this other wise and i feel like being a little selfish=/ the baby will still just want to eat and sleep so I dont think I am too worried about him, but I'm so torn on the other 2. Help!!

Absolutely do it especially since the odds of another trip like this for your family are very slim.

Will you be nursing your youngest, though? If so, do you plan on being attached to a pump the entire time?

I think i am bottle feeding this time around=/ the last baby really did me in with breastfeeding=( the thought of it makes me cringe...

No need to feel guilty about choosing to bottle feed! I was just wondering the logistics of a 4 day trip if you were nursing, but since you aren't (and again, no shame in that!) then absolutely go on this trip. I know I would :)

Oh wow go go go!! I wouldn’t miss a once in a lifetime trip .

Don’t feel guilty about bottle feeding I bottle fed both my children lol .

Oh wow go go go!! I wouldn’t miss a once in a lifetime trip .

Don’t feel guilty about bottle feeding I bottle fed both my children lol .

Thank you! I feel like i am giving this one the raw end of the deal...he was a huge surprise (using protection) and my body just can't and doesn't want to do it anymore...=/ my first 2 were breast and bottle and then my daughter was 2 and 1/2 years nursing!! So not doing it at all with this one has me feeling guilty.

Do you think being away from a brand new baby is bad? He will mostly sleep, but goodness i feel sooo bad about even the thought.

Definitely go go go!!!!

I wouldn't feel bad :blush:

I can't imagine I would have on first born but after that most definitely lol

Enjoy it <3

Definitely go go go!!!!

I wouldn't feel bad :blush:

I can't imagine I would have on first born but after that most definitely lol

Enjoy it <3

Hahahah! Right!? After 1 you have seen and done it all! Hahaha

Getting the raw end of the deal would mean forcing yourself to nurse even though you hate doing it and then dreading that very contact every time he needs to eat.

I, too, have nursed a child for 2.5 years and then went on to do combo-feeding with her younger sister from day one. I ended up weaning by 6 months and we exclusively formula fed from that point forward. I have zero regrets. It's what made me feel the happiest and most productive. I absolutely HATED that DD1 would only ever eat with me. She wouldn't take a bottle, so letting her dad feed her wasn't going to happen.

So I chose a different route with DD2 and I'm probably going to take that same combo-feeding route with baby #4 as well. :thumbup:

Getting the raw end of the deal would mean forcing yourself to nurse even though you hate doing it and then dreading that very contact every time he needs to eat.

I, too, have nursed a child for 2.5 years and then went on to do combo-feeding with her younger sister from day one. I ended up weaning by 6 months and we exclusively formula fed from that point forward. I have zero regrets. It's what made me feel the happiest and most productive. I absolutely HATED that DD1 would only ever eat with me. She wouldn't take a bottle, so letting her dad feed her wasn't going to happen.

So I chose a different route with DD2 and I'm probably going to take that same combo-feeding route with baby #4 as well. :thumbup:

Thanks girl! It is nice to hear that being said the other way around and not just what they need! I literally drove myself mad with her. Like you said no one could help! It had to always be you and it was just exhausting!!

Do what you feel comfortable with. I personally couldn't leave my baby at that age so if I couldn't take them then I'd just say to my husband to go and enjoy the holiday. Everyone is different so you have to do what is right for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->