Wow!! Amazed

mrs c f

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

Just had our first fertility appointment and I was so worried which I shouldnt have been. I am booked in for a Larcoscopy 10th April as she thinks it would be far better then a HSG and she has told us that we get 8 free IUIs or if we'd rather we can have IVF two of those free and the waiting list is only 18 weeks. I am so overwhelmed I just cant believe how easy she was with us.
I feel like a weights been lifted.

Anyone had a Larcoscopy (prob spelt wrong) is it ok? Im a little nervous.

Baby dust to all. xxx:dust::dust::dust:

Didn't wanna be just a view. Good to hear that you can move forward and have a plan. I'm planning to have a lap soon.

That's great news! Can you split them and get 4 IUI's and 1 IUI? Are the IUI's going to be medicated? If you get to choose I would go straight to injectables and skip clomid with the IUI's, they have a better success rate.

I had a lap (laparoscopy) and dye a little over a year ago. Recovery time depends on what they do when they get in there and how fast you can recover. I was cautiously back to work in 2 days. I took it easy and wasn't feeling 100% until about a week later. The incision site was back to feeling normal in about 2 weeks to a month, can't remember exactly. A lot of other women say they went back to work in 1-2 weeks (most say 1). For me, it really wasn't a big deal. Only thing is we couldn't try that month and honestly I didn't feel like BD'ing for almost 2 weeks.

Great news :) don't be nervous about the lap! I had one last Monday and went back to work today in a pretty physical job too and feel pretty ok. It's well worth having just to check everything is clean and clear in there. Are they looking for anything in particular eg endo or fibroids? Or is it just diagnostic? I wish you the best of luck x

Thanks Ladie. I am not sure the ins and outs of the IUIs and IVF until Ive been checked but I will keep you updated. My boss has given me a week off work so I can relax and stop worrying. I have never felt such relief. I know its just the start but I honestly thought it was going to be a very long road. I just cant believe we jumped straight to the lap and dye.

Kitcatbaby they are looking at everything as I have had an infection a few years ago so they want to check tubes and all reprodutive organs. Endo is also a possibility so its a good all round investigation.

Feel better about it today. was so much to take in yesterday. What a wonderful doctor I have. I feel extremely fortunate.

Thanks again ladies. Fingers crossed. xxx

Thanks Ladie. I am not sure the ins and outs of the IUIs and IVF until Ive been checked but I will keep you updated. My boss has given me a week off work so I can relax and stop worrying. I have never felt such relief. I know its just the start but I honestly thought it was going to be a very long road. I just cant believe we jumped straight to the lap and dye.

Kitcatbaby they are looking at everything as I have had an infection a few years ago so they want to check tubes and all reprodutive organs. Endo is also a possibility so its a good all round investigation.

Feel better about it today. was so much to take in yesterday. What a wonderful doctor I have. I feel extremely fortunate.

Here in the US it's common place that if they find something wrong, let's say endo, that they will fix it/remove it. But I've heard from some ladies in here that is not always true elsewhere. So I would just make sure that you say it to the doc, or that it's in the papers that you sign, that they correct any problems they find and remove anything that doesn't belong. The papers I signed said that it was exploratory/diagnostic but that if the surgeon found anything, I gave him permission to correct it. That way they don't have to go in 2x.

Oh thank you that's something to bear in mind. Just got to sit and be patient now. X

Very similar history to me :) I also had a previous infection and my lap revealed I once had PID which had caused scar tissue to black my left tube. He managed to remove 2/3rds of it but unfortunately my left tube is now pretty useless. I really hope this is not the case for you but either way you will feel millions better once you know. And if you're in the UK they will automatically treat anything they find while you're under :) good luck! And if you have any questions about the surgery or recovery please let me know :)

Thanks Kitcatbaby. I was so shocked when they told me their was a footprint to show i have had an infection earlier in my life, it was only slight so from along time ago but ive never known about it and i never got treated for it so I have no idea how long i had it? I must have been taking antibiotics for something else and that got rid of it but for how long did i have it? In my twenties ive had various checks and nothing ever showed so it was a long while ago. Its worrying!!! The good thing is is that we did conceive 18 months ago but sadly it ended in misscarrige. So hopefully their is hope for us. I suspect Endo.
I am just so happy to be finding out what is wrong hopefully and getting our long awaited and much longed for baby. xx

Same here there was an infection from years ago! Antibiotics must've cleared mine too but the damage was already done.
I hope they can sort out everything for you :) sending lots of babydust your way x

hi i had lap and dye , its not as bad as people say (well it wasnt for me) i was up and about the same say. they found out i had blocked tubes from it, i then went on to have tubes unblocked via open surgery which wasnt successful. i am now about to start my 1st cycle of ivf at liverpool womens hospital :) :) xxxxxxxxxxx good luck with everything xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:dust:Thank you lovely ladies I wish you all the very best in your trying to conceive journeys. Hopefully none of us have to much longer to wait.

Doesnt sound promising Kitcatbaby. I have a feeling that theirs damage I really do. Doctor said whatever the outcome she will put us forward for IVF. I guesse we wont have the IUI option if its th worst. Can they remove the csrae tissue??
Clare good luck with your IVF. Hopefully it will only take one go. Fingers crossed for you.

I think it really depends on where it is hun and how much there is to deal with. It's a bit tmi and you don't have to answer but do you get any pelvic pain around Ov time or during bd? That's the main symptom with damage caused my previous infections. They managed to remove most of mine but not enough for my tube to be in full working condition.
I really hope that's not the case for you but the upside is that if its in the tubes then IVF would probably be quite a successful route x

It's ok. No I don't get pain when we bd or ovulation but sometimes I get lain that radiates into my left hip and thighs during af or just before. I did get back ache this ovulation but I don't usually. I used to have very servere contractions in my bottom when I first came of the pill 4 years ago but over the years its calmed down and I don't get that at af anymore. My pain is always tge left side which is strange!!lower left back into thigh? That's why I suspect somethings wrong in my pelvic area. Can't wait to find out once and for all!!!
What is your plan of action now Hun? X

That does sound quite different to me so hopefully your prognosis will be better :)
My plan is to see the FS again in July and if we haven't conceived by then we will be looking into injectables and IUI followed by IVF if necessary but hopefully it won't come to that :)
When are you due to get your lap?

My lap is the 10th April. She said i would need a week off work to recover then back to see her two weeks after to discuss results and plan of action.Im shocked how fast the turn around is at my hospital. Im pretty excited now to be moving forward i almost feel less bothered about using my CBFM this month for some reason. BUT i will be. I would really like to conceive naturally if i could. It would be amazing if it could happen in the next two months but doubtfull!! I am excited to think we could be pregnant this year.

That does sound quite different to me so hopefully your prognosis will be better :)
My plan is to see the FS again in July and if we haven't conceived by then we will be looking into injectables and IUI followed by IVF if necessary but hopefully it won't come to that :)
When are you due to get your lap?

Good luck with everything. Has it been a long time for you?

Not very long a year but it feels so much longer :( how about you? x

Came of the pill four and a half years ago started trying then. My husband was in the army then so we only bd at weekends and holidays. Leading up to the wedding we stopped for a few months. Started trying again almost two years ago and we fell pregnant after three months but sadly we lost it very early only about 5 weeks 5 days.That was 18 months ago!! Now we are struggeling so all in all four years. Guess with that in mind and turning 32 this year thats why the doctors not messing us about. Its frustrating when we lost the little one I was devastated and it took me ages to get over it and now its just so heart breaking that we cant seem to conceive. Some times feels like its never going to happen.:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->