WOW! I love my community MW - homebirth and hypno support!

Tulip

Ruby <i>, Dils, Rowan
Reaction score
MW was fantastic today, I luuurve her.

I mentioned HB and she said oh we LOVE home births! She outlined the available discomfort-relief :rofl: - my hypno teacher won't allow us to use the word 'pain'! - TENS, pool and hypno, they only carry little cylinders of G&A so none until 7cm dilated :wacko:

She is quite a spiritual lady (partly influenced by being an angel mummy herself I think) and v supportive of hypno and wants to become a practitioner when she starts her staged retirement in a year or so. She is actually excited about my hypno homebirth, I sooooo hope she delivers my little boy!

I did have a little wobble about HB last week - not thinking I couldn't cope with labour and birth, but "What if he comes out and they can't resuscitate him?" :cry: But she has completely put my mind at rest, will book me in for a home visit at 37w :happydance:

Brilliant!! I have asked my sister to swap MWs with me as hers is very into HB and she's really trying to convince my sister to do it. Mine is supportive but in a 'if thats what you want I'll just go with it' kinda way

She sounds like my midwife. On my first appointment when I told her I was thinking about a homebirth she immediately said 'homebirths are wonderful, I had my children at home and it was the most empowering experience, I highly recommend them.' In saying that, I sought her out because she is a homebirth midwife, however she could also access the birthing unit and the hospital if I had decided to go that way. She gave me information on hypnobirthing classes straight away as well.
If only all midwives could be so supportive from the get go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->