wrapped gifts for other people

Scout

Reaction score
This is coming off the "show us your wrapped gifts' thread. I loved reading about others' traditions when it comes to when they put gifts under the tree, so now I"d like to know what you do with the gifts you've wrapped that are going to others, like family members? Under your tree? Under their tree? Hidden away until Christmas Eve?........

The wrapped gifts under my tree right now are my gifts to family members. They'll stay under my tree until our family get together on Christmas Day. Gifts for myself and my daughter from other people are under the other people's trees and we'll get those when we see them. Then, of course, Santa gifts come out on Christmas Eve.

What do you do?

When I wrap family gifts I take them straight to their house, I dont see some of my family on Christmas day so we all exchange gifts before hand and put them under our own trees :)

We have nothing under our tree because Rio can't be trusted to leave them alone this year.

All of my gifts are bagged up separately via recipient and the guest bedroom is not available to guests until after Dec 25th lol, I can barely get in there!!

On Christmas Eve we usually do a bit of a travel around to drop off gifts to people we won't see on Christmas Day, and we have visitors here for the same reason.

Then on christmas morning after everyone has opened their 'home' presents my side of the family go to my nans house, where we all take and exchange gifts. There's about 20 of us there and it's chaotic but lovely! We used to have Christmas lunch there but my nan is too old now and a lot of us have our own families so we don't anymore.

After that we'll come home and see mother and father in law, either they come here or we will go there. Then on the evening we go to sil's for a drink and nibbles and we exchange gifts with them there :)
Christmas Day here is quite hectic, I think next year I'm going to suggest that I want to spend the day at home completely.

I would like to put them under the tree but I currently can't trust DS2 to leave them alone.

Just a few months ago my mil dropped some birthday presents off for DS1 which I left in a pile in spare room. Just a few hours later I had to rewarp them as DS2 had opened them all.

Anything that gets given to us Christmas Eve I will put straight under the tree as it will be pointless putting it away for a few hours.

Stuff that needs to go elsewhere is bagged by household, ready for delivery, or will be when I finally wrap it all and it all gets delivered.

I put it under the tree. My LOs are older and can read it isn't for them, although they've never tried to unwrap them in previous years anyway. I just give them to people as I see them around Christmas.

I store mine til there ready to be delivered to others, usually the week before xmas. i don't like to set them out before xmas eve just incase anyone was to break in.

I don't usually put the ones for our family under the tree unless they are staying over night and doing Christmas Morning with us :)

We deliver them all before christmas because we usually see family in the weeks leading to christmas and we love 3 hours from everyone else

Once I've wrapped the presents for family and friends I put them under the tree, some of OH's family live 45minutes away so they are bagged up under the stairs ready to take. My family and the inlaws are at the back of the tree as they will be coming to our house on Christmas morning. Our friends and nephews is at the front as they will be getting delivered before Christmas. As we receive gifts off others they also go under the tree.
Alex has never tried opening them before although this year he threw a tantrum asking why none of the presents were for him! I had to explain, countless times that Santa will bring his presents on Christmas Eve.

They are all kept in cupboards and taken to people before Christmas .

This is the first year I haven't put them under the tree. My two youngest would have them shredded to pieces in a matter of minutes. Ugh! So yeah, they are all wrapped and in gift bags in my box room. I will put them under the tree on christmas eve as my family comes up on christmas day when we give them their gifts.

Mine will be delivered before Christmas apart from "adult" family who will visit on Christmas Day, the kids who will visit will have their things under their own tree for Christmas morning.

We don't put them under the tree because my 3 year old wouldn't leave them alone, although I do love seeing presents under the tree. I usually keep them hidden and then start giving them to friends/family in the weeks before Christmas, so from around now really.

My youngest DD (3 years old) has always been surprisingly good about wrapped gifts, she doesn't do anything to them unless told she can. The tree ornaments are a different story however. *sigh* :haha:

Gifts to family members go under the tree until I can get them wrapped up in a box to ship. Our closest family lives 4 hours away and we don't travel during the holiday season so everything gets shipped out a week or two before Christmas. Presents for MIL and her husband (they drive to visit us for Christmas) and close friends stay under the tree until we deliver them to the recipients or Christmas Day as is the case with MIL.

I think I can trust Colin this year to leave them alone so I will probably put gifts to others under the tree.

No way could I have gifts under the tree, my tree is bare as it is with dd2 pulling it apart. Wish we could though.
Once wrapped i put all the gifts in big bags for each house we visit (my parents, oh parents and my nans). Usually we see people before Christmas so I drop off as and when we see people. Any gifts given to us before Christmas are either opened (we do a family get together at my nans before Christmas and she likes to see the kids open their presents) or go under the tree and I do let the girls open them Christmas eve. Usually only a couple from my friend and uncle/auntie. We go to my parents after Christmas and its like Christmas day all over again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->