Wrapping

wildflower79

Reaction score
Anyone got any pics of their wrapping paper? I'll take one later when I get back from work.

When's everyone planning on starting the wrapping?

I usually leave it till a couple of weeks before, but think I might start the girls a bit earlier this year. We're staying over at in-laws Xmas Eve, so I'm going to have to have taken all the presents over there before hand.

I still need to get one roll of wrapping paper for dd2. I use 2 different rolls each and already got the other 3 reduced in Sainsburys last year 😀

As soon as I've put my tree and decorations up. I like to make it into a little festive activity, and ds being full time at school this year will make it pretty easy.

I have no idea what paper i have this year. I bought it last year in the sales and have forgotten, so will be a surprise.
I usually start once the trees up. I may leave it till 2 weeks begore this year though, because i love wrapping. I put yhe tree lights on, grab a drink, send OH away, watch something festive, burn a christmas candle and get wrapping. Its one of my fave things about christmas.

I've wrapped my 3 youngest alteady. I have so much to wrap and i really don't enjoy wrapping so its better for me to get it done asap. Theyy have a diff colour paper each x

I won't wrap until December, I like to do it with the decs up and a Christmas film with a glass of wine :haha:

Wilkos do an animal Christmas paper which I'm using for DD. Primark do elf and the grinch paper, I'm not sure which but I'm definitely considering those for DS. I'm unsure about OH.

I don't start wrapping until I have finished shopping for the girls, so a week or two before Christmas. I, like others, like the tree to be up, with Christmas movies on and a glass of wine, feels really festive!

I'm not fussy about paper, last year I got some from Aldi and it was great. The girls get a different paper each, then I tend to buy 2/3 matching rolls for everyone elses presents that go under the tree.

I don't start until I have everything. Also wait for December so the tree is up etc. Mince pie and hot chocolate mmmmm.

I'm not sure what wrapping paper I'll get for the kids. But have some we bought in January for nephews and nieces.
I'll wrap in December once the tree is up, I can't do it any sooner. I'll probably have to do it bit by bit when Scarlett is in playgroup though.

I plan on doing it once i am on holiday/mat leave so mid December. I want everything else done so thats all i need to do in December. I am just not sure i have enough paper!

Here's the paper I got last year. Just been to Sainsbury to get another roll for DD and they had none out!!

Attachments

• IMG_20171030_131617240~01.jpg
    IMG_20171030_131617240~01.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 21
As soon as I've put my tree and decorations up. I like to make it into a little festive activity, and ds being full time at school this year will make it pretty easy.

Yes I normally like to get into the spirit too, but with dd2 being home I hardly get any chance to do anything.

Rare hour to myself this afternoon, so made a start. Wrapped all dd1s.

Attachments

• IMG_20171030_134919910~01.jpg
    IMG_20171030_134919910~01.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 19
How on earth do you successfully wrap a LOL doll?? 😂😂

Made mine into a cracker shape, looks a right mess! Oh well 😀

Poundland have some really nice wrapping paper in this year looks really expensive .I don't really bother spending too much on paper for the kids as they really don't look at it in my house .

I kid you not, for diwali, i spent the second half of holyoaks, so about 15 minutes trying to wrap a LOL ball. In the end i ended up cutting a bunch of strips of paper and sticking them all the way round. It didnt look awful but i did almost cry when she tore it open without even noticing the wrapping.

I kid you not, for diwali, i spent the second half of holyoaks, so about 15 minutes trying to wrap a LOL ball. In the end i ended up cutting a bunch of strips of paper and sticking them all the way round. It didnt look awful but i did almost cry when she tore it open without even noticing the wrapping.

Bless you!

I wrap everything in one night as close to Christmas possible, I find it takes up more space when wrapped so I then struggle to re-hide everything. The last two years my sister has had the kids for a film night so I’ve wrapped everything then.

Poundland have some really nice wrapping paper in this year looks really expensive .I don't really bother spending too much on paper for the kids as they really don't look at it in my house .

Same, I was going to get mine from Matalan but I don't think I can be arsed with the trek to my nearest one, I want to get mine from Poundland but I feel like people look at me funny for buying paper this early on! And obviously massive rolls sticking out from under your arm follow you all the way home :haha:

😂😂

Never thought about doing it that way! I might re-do it if I thought DD would even notice!

I'm going to do the wrapping all at once in December. I haven't bought any wrapping paper yet but I am looking forward to getting some :)

I've made mine. Once I've got everything, I start wrapping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->