Writing my birth plan...

Steff1611

Reaction score
Hey ladies...

Im a tad confused about the birth plan thing. I have a rough idea on what to put on it such as who is my birthing partner, thoughts on c section, drugs etc but is there anything less obvious that i should think about putting on it?

Also... where do i put it? Do i just write it on some A4 paper and put it at the back of my notes or what?

Thanks

xxx

I was given this link by a friend & found it useful.

https://pregnancyandbaby.sheknows.com/pregnancy/baby/Birth-plan-creator-241.htm

Best of luck.

Things like do you want your birth partner to cut the cord and if so, straight away or wait for it to stop pulsing etc.

Your views on episiotomies. Some do it if they think you're going to tear but you may prefer to let nature take its course.

Personally i'd keep it simple. If you have a complicated birth plan you will be more disappointed if things don't go to plan.

Thank you so far ladies... lets see if any morning bumps can help :)

I used this website:

https://www.birthplan.com/

Not sure if I'm actually gonna bring a birthplan with me though, as I'd like to keep an open mind. If I will bring one into hospital, I'll just print it out on a sheet of paper and put it with my notes!

Maybe include if your happy to have students there. Do you want baby cleaned up first or straight skin to skin?
Do you want to be active on on a bed?
Thoughts on pain relief?
The NHS has a birth-plan you can print out and fill in www.nhs.uk/pregnancy
Though I didnt have a plan with either of my children, I will this time though.

ello i put some info in the back of my green notes but also wrote on a small piece of paper details of what i want incase of emergency for exaple who i want with me if i have a c section, if like after my first labour when i was so out of it i couldnt feed my little one i wanted him handed over to my hubby even though my mum was my second bith partner.

its best to keep it simple as labour doesnt go to plan and you dont want ot be dissapointed.

have a look at www.nhs.uk/mypregnancy .

hth.xxx

i am gonna type mine up now i think. mine is simple , baby to called crispy rather than baby. skin to skin, hubby to cut cord, tell me sex , etc and to try to bf baby

I used the NHS template that people have put a link to above and also googled birth plans to look through and see if there was anything else that looked important but wasn't included in the NHS one.

I printed mine out and keep it with my maternity notes.

My midwife did offer to come to my house to go through my birth plan with me but I declined it because I'd already done it and know what I want, so your midwife'll probably offer this at some point (I was offered it at 30 weeks).

Yours mab doesnt have it but my birth plan is in the back of my notes i was told to write in them and if i wanted to add another sheet from internet xx

my midwife had a look at mine and thinks its a good one so must have done summat rught

Have got a rough birth plan but was wondering if I could put in there that I would like baby to be referred to by partners surname and not mine? Can remember when I had bot dd they were baby then my surname which was fine as I was married to their dad. This time I'm not and still have my married name so def do not want baby to be known by this! Can I request this?

Have got a rough birth plan but was wondering if I could put in there that I would like baby to be referred to by partners surname and not mine? Can remember when I had bot dd they were baby then my surname which was fine as I was married to their dad. This time I'm not and still have my married name so def do not want baby to be known by this! Can I request this?

Yeah i shouldnt see why not. Its just what will go on the babys band really x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"