WTF Beta Test

B.J.Ld

Reaction score
I started seeing a new RE and he wanted a brand new batch of lab work to start off fresh. He threw in a couple of pregnancy tests "just in case" and the beta test came back at 5, which they tell me is inconclusive.:dohh: Not that I wouldn't be over the moon to be pregnant but this is neither here nor there!:wacko: I have to go again on Monday to see if there's a change.

Is there something else that can cause the beta test to read HCG? My period is due Thursday so I will test then but I didn't even test for ovulation this month because I do not normally ovulate on my own and I didn't take any meds!:hissy::hissy:

Thanks for any help!:hugs:

I think a beta can be Really low and not mean you are pregnant. Sorry, that doesn't help much - but I feel like I have seen something saying if it's under a certain number it's negative...

Anyone else??

Thanks for your input! According to babymed.com :

"hCG under 5 mIU/ml: Negative. Not pregnant
hCG between 5-25 mIU/ml: "Equivocal". Maybe pregnant maybe not. Repeat test in a couple of days
hCG over 25 mIU/ml:You are pregnant! "

I have to redo the test next week but I think the wait is going to kill me!

Of course! It would drive me nuts too, I kind of feel like my doctor tries to keep my hopes up as long as possible and I get irritated because as long as I think there's a chance then I am in denial. You know!? Sucks!! Good luck!!

OK. I thought I would post a final update on this even though it didn't produce much interest but it drives me nuts when I find someone who went through the same thing and they never post what finally happened (though I am guilty of this too:blush:). The:witch: came in full force today so I know I am out. Just a fluke that the blood work came back that way. :shrug:

Moving on to next month! At least I know the new RE is thorough:winkwink:.

Good Luck to all!:dust:

Thanks for the update. Sorry you are out for the month x

I had one last month bc I ended up in ER and they wanted to xray me. I was 8dpo and it came back 2. That's a negative but didn't stop me from wondering why it wasn't just zero. I guess there's always a trace of HSG in the system? :shrug:

5 might just be your number, even if it seems a tiny bit higher than normal. Mine is between 0.5 and 2. They consider anything under 4 negative, for the purpose of my follow up. (I've had many many betas due to my molar pregnancy in 2009) One oncology nurse told me a non pregnant beta of 8 is unusual, but not unheard of in some ladies.
Good luck, hope your next cycle is a lucky one xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"