wtf Casey Anthony?!

off to google...
ETA - I have to admit I hadn't heard of this story though. It's all a little confusing though.

Basically, Casey Anthony had a daughter named Caylee Anthony who was 2 when she was killed.
Long story, short, Casey didn't report her daughter missing for 31 days when her mom forced her to report her missing. In the 31 days she was missing, she was out partying, getting a tattoo and acting completely NOT like you'd expect a mother to be acting. She was misleading and lying to law enforcement officers saying that Caylee was with her nanny (who turned out to be a non-existent person) and lied about multiple things to try and defer them away from the case.

Very selfish, there were multiple videos shown of Casey Anthony having video interviews with her parents where she was complaining about how she was a victim and showed no emotion whatsoever towards her poor daughter.

When her daughter was found, they found cloroform in her stomach which is poisonous. When they looked through Casey Anthony's computer they found multiple google searches for chloroform and for neck-breaking.

It's absolutely disgusting :nope:

Oh yeah and don't forget how it was somehow leaked that Casey had a habit of giving Caylee too much cough syrup/cold medicine in order to make her sleepy so Caylee would sleep in the car while she partied.

I just don't get how they would find her innocent. Okay maybe not 1st degree. But why the heck was she not found of like 2nd or 3rd degree?! Even man slaughter!? To just get off with NOTHING!?

Seriously, she must be doing some "favors" on the side to get off with nothing!

How she has not been found guilty is beyond me, a child has died at the end of the day and she has had something to do with it if not caused it!

I'm in complete shock... she's not going to get a damn thing for what she did... I think they should stuff her in a duffle bag like she did her daughter. Sick woman.

Even Dr. G the medical examiner who did the autopsy on Caylees body said that she believes Casey Anthony killed her daughter.

Is it sad that hearing this news makes me literally depressed and emotional???
Such a shame, I wish there was justice!

Surely the US version of CPS will look at recharging, especially if they have professional witnesses?

The whole thing really upsets me. I have been ranting about it since I found out. How could they let her off with nothing. To me the point in the death sentence is without it she gets to live and enjoy her life when her daughter didn't which isn't fair. I honesty hope that since she doesn't seem to be that remorseful about her daughter being dead then the world doesn't give her a day of peace and reminds her everyday what God and the rest of the world knows what she did.

Oh I'm sure once she gets out of jail for the lying charges, SOMEONE is going to let her have a real piece of their mind.

Surely the US version of CPS will look at recharging, especially if they have professional witnesses?

The problem is, she can never be arrested for this crime again. She can proclaim to the world she did it, and they cannot charge her for it. It's one of the constitutional rights in the US.

She got away with murdering her little girl.

Even to claim that the baby drown, they threw the body away. How were there not charges based on that? I don't understand at all.

How can she possibly be not guilty!? To know you kid is missing for 31 days and only to cough up that info when called out on it...to have lied to everyone multiple times about where the child is, what she has been doing etc etc into infinity, to have written in her journal about how "she's happier than she's been in a long time" (while her 2 year old is missing), no explination for the traces of cloroform in the back of her trunk......the list goes on and on. It just makes me queasy. That chick got has gotten away with something sinister there is no doubt in my mind.

:nope:

what is wrong with our justice system?
first OJ Simpson now this?
except this is worse because it involves a 2 year little girl :(

There's nothing wrong with our justice system. It's made to be as fair as possible. We are all judged by a jury of our peers in cases like this. The alternative is to have one person make a decision that could define whether or not an individual lives or dies; there's too much room for corruption in a system like that.

The jurors were asked to review the evidence and find enough cause to send someone to death basically. The prosecution really put all of their eggs in one basket by asking for the death penalty in the first place. They could have put forth a much stronger case for accidental drowning or criminal neglect, in my opinion. But instead they tried to prove to the jury that she committed murder on purpose and knowingly.

I'm not saying she's innocent. She's undoubtedly involved in her daughter's death in one way or another, but I really can't imagine how hard it is to be a juror and put someone to death in as circumstantial a case as this was.

I would never want a jury to decide my fate (not that I would ever do anything illegal!). But I just don't trust people. I served on a jury before and I am absolutely appalled with how people think/justify their decisions. I would much rather a legally educated, experienced judge decide my fate over 12 random individuals with no idea of how the law works. In my opinion, this jury did not give enough deliberation and didn't fully understand what reasonable doubt means. But it is what it is and hopefully karma will take care of her!!

What kind of women doesnt report her child missing for a month, and parties? What kind of mother lies about her daughter being on a 'vacation' with her nanny? What kind of mother tells lies after lies about her child's disapearence? Casey Anthony murdered her daughter and should rot in hell for the rest of her life. Since she was found innocent, I can only with she gets stearilized. She doesnt deserve to be a mother.

I hope Caylee gets to rest in peace, knowing how many lives she has touched. I hope Caylee knows that she's is deeply loved, by many different people. Rest in peace you sweet little girl.

I would never want a jury to decide my fate (not that I would ever do anything illegal!). But I just don't trust people. I served on a jury before and I am absolutely appalled with how people think/justify their decisions. I would much rather a legally educated, experienced judge decide my fate over 12 random individuals with no idea of how the law works. In my opinion, this jury did not give enough deliberation and didn't fully understand what reasonable doubt means. But it is what it is and hopefully karma will take care of her!!

Judges are people too, though. There are more checks and balances among 12 random people than there is in one person. And all judges have their biases, just like everyone else. I don't trust people either; I especially don't trust people in high positions with political leanings.

I feel like if they weren't looking for the death penalty, she would have been found guilty. I think people have a harder time convicting when they know someone will be put to death based on their verdict, imo.

I feel like if they weren't looking for the death penalty, she would have been found guilty. I think people have a harder time convicting when they know someone will be put to death based on their verdict, imo.

I feel this way too, especially based on the evidence that was presented to them. People have to remember that the jury did not have access to everything we saw in trial/case coverage. Some of it was deemed overly prejudicial. I also think they should have focused on a different charge than first degree murder; the prosecution built their entire case around the assumption that Casey planned to kill her daughter when they really had no concrete evidence concerning how, where, when Caylee died. Even Dr G said that she could conclude that it was a homicide but could not tell how that homicide occurred.

the prosecution built their entire case around the assumption that Casey planned to kill her daughter when they really had no concrete evidence concerning how, where, when Caylee died.

Yes, when the jury didn't believe this theory, then it caused a reasonable doubt, and how could they send someone to their death when they weren't 100%.

But on the other hand, I do think that all this CSI stuff on tv has caused it to be harder to convict without dna and fingerprints.

There are more checks and balances among 12 random people than there is in one person.

I respectfully disagree...a judge has his career on the line. Jurors do not have anything to lose. :flower:

I'm sick to how this case turned out! A two year old baby!!!! Casey will never tell the truth, and Caylee will never have justice. Just sad :cry: I can't imagine what cindy and george are going through. It's just plain awful! She could have at LEAST gotten neglect. I just don't understand :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->