Wtf is a septum??!

Hayles

Reaction score
Hiya!

Had my 32 week growth scan today to see if the placenta has moved up, it hasn't so I have to go for another scan in 4 weeks.. But they informed me they saw a 'septum' in my uterus.. The midwife seemed fairly baffled as to what it even was but apparently there's a piece of tissue dividing my uterus and amniotic fluid on each side?!
I've never even heard of this and they told me not to worry as baby is weighing 4 pounds at the moment and the only thing it could cause is the baby to not grow properly or something.. Of course, I'm worrying as if just sounds weird lol!

Any one shed any light? Lol xx

Just like the septum in your nose, it's dividing tissue or cartilage. If they weren't concerned, I wouldn't be. :)

I remember a friend of mine had a scan when she got her first period cos it lasted almost three weeks, and they found out she had that: her uterus had that division. She said the doctors assured her it wouldn't prevent her from getting pregnant and it wouldn't be harmful to a future baby. :) (this was like twentyyears ago though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->