WTT - August 2015

GraceER, I am so glad to hear I am not alone! Congrats on your wedding & good luck with the move! :)

Although, I may not be joining you ladies for August anymore, saw my Doc today to get the all clear now that I've finished my waiting period after chemo, since we're supposed to start ttc in the next couple weeks. Now I've been told they're concerned about whether my heart can take the strain of pregnancy and they want to investigate one of my ovaries and my kidneys. I get the feeling I'm going to have another few months wait (& tests) ahead of me, again. This is the second time I've been pushed back. Thanks lupus!

I'll just wait in the wings and get excited for all you ladies when you get those BFPs!

Hope you get the go ahead really soon Flossie_Aus!! <3

I haven't been around as we decided to move our date up by a couple of weeks, so we are now actively TTC and in the TWW. I will still be checking here though to see how everyone is, and if this month isn't our lucky month, see you all in TTC!

Although, I may not be joining you ladies for August anymore, saw my Doc today to get the all clear now that I've finished my waiting period after chemo, since we're supposed to start ttc in the next couple weeks. Now I've been told they're concerned about whether my heart can take the strain of pregnancy and they want to investigate one of my ovaries and my kidneys. I get the feeling I'm going to have another few months wait (& tests) ahead of me, again. This is the second time I've been pushed back. Thanks lupus!

Oh no! That's such a shame. If they still feel you need more tests though it will be for good reason. I met a lady in my last placement who fell pregnant after heart surgery which meant carrying a baby could be fatal. It's definitely worth waiting for the full medical go ahead though I appreciate that must be so frustrating, I'd be gutted if we had to wait any longer.

Really hope you get your green light soon xx

Thanks, I agree that it's important and worth it, I just wish they'd be upfront with me rather than giving me false hope. I'd rather hear "it's going to be 12 months of tests" rather than being given a date we can start TTC and have it pushed back every time.

Flossie I'm so sorry. That is very upsetting.

We have hit a curve ball as well and TTC is up in the air. I'll know more tomorrow hopefully. It really stinks when your health isn't always in your control.

Good luck Lola!

GraceER even when you are ready, you don't feel ready. I think that little pit sticks around. It's so funny how you want a LO for so long and then even when those 2 little lines pop up part of you gets a bit scared. Your life changes forever. It's exciting!

Good luck with getting good news and quickly, Flossie and busytulip!

I am just coming off AF now, so it's getting closer and closer! By this time next month we'll be wandering over to TTC! You've all been really lovely and supportive ladies (that sounds like I'm saying my goodbyes, but I'm not, ha).

Oh Flossie and Busytulip, I'm sorry to hear ttc is getting pushed back!

Let us know when you have updates on dates and tests and other proceedings if you feel comfortable doing that.
:hugs:

I agree Anglophile! Everyone has been so lovely and supportive. I've really grown fond of the wtt board, haha :)

Alright ladies so I had my appointment today and things went pretty well. No cancer!!! :dance: That was the biggest concern. My doc said that there was any huge reason why we would have to push back TTC. That there will obviously be some concerns, but with close monitoring all should be fine. (sigh) I couldn't be happier with how things turned out.

I agree, I've enjoyed the support here. I think we should make a TTC thread. I try not to go there all that much because it can be a little crazy. We'll be really laid back TTC'ers so the more I hang out on those threads the more stressed I am. But I definitely want to keep up with you ladies.

That's great news, busytulip! Must be a relief to know everything is ok. I do know what you mean about never being ready. A couple of years ago when my partner and I were wrapping our heads around having to try earlier than we wanted because of my endo. We both kept saying "what if we're not ready?". Once we both agreed that nobody is ever ready and embraced the idea of not feeling ready, we both felt more relaxed.

I feel so psyched for TTC now, I can't wait to get going. I came off a chemical-menopause treatment for my Endo back in May and my pain flared up quite badly, I was pretty scared about dropping my hormones. Bizarrely, 2 months later I actually feel pretty great. I have pain but I'm managing fine just with ibuprofen when just a month ago I was on tramadol every day. I haven't actually had a period yet as I went straight onto a progesterone only pill. My GP thinks there's a chance I could ovulate within days of stopping my pill, if I got super lucky maybe I could get away with no period at all! I'm feeling really optimistic.

That would be amazing if you were able to bypass a visit from the witch! Nice to hear that you've been feeling pretty good.

Yay!! That's great busytulip and GraceER. Glad to hear the good news!! I'm getting so excited to start ttc. I agree busytulip, we should start a ttc board when we move over :)

busytulip I am so glad you got good news! Congratulations!

Thanks so much for all the support ladies, so far I've got one set of results back - My ovary is fine! :wohoo:

Travelling to Canberra for an echo-cardiogram today, and renal Wednesday. Fx for all good news and the all-clear to TTC next month.

Oooh that's one major thing down Flossie. Yay for a good ovary :dance:

Will you get immediate results from your echo? Hoping for more great news for you this week!!!

Does anyone know when they'll be transitioning over?

I'm happy to be hearing all of these positive updates :)
Fx for you Flossie that you get the all clear to ttc :thumbup:

Great question, busytulip. I'm interested to know when you guys plan to switch boards too. I just changed my ticker to be more accurate for our actual ttc start date, which is August 11, give or take a few days, depending on if AF decides to be early, late or on time! I'm going to say I should be ready to start my transition over at that time, though, Aug 11.. Although I'll probably be popping in and out of the ttc boards before then just to spy and see what folks are up to. Hehehe. I should just be finishing up with AF and gearing up for some BDing:spermy:
Lol

My body has been all mixed up. So I'm hopeful AF will show up on time in the next couple of days. If that is the case We'll be looking at mid Aug. 18-22 around then as the start.

Although last night before we went to sleep I looked at my husband and asked "ready to make a baby?" and without hesitating he said "let's do this" :haha: So I feel like we're already in the 'if it happens, it happens' mind frame.

I'm really excited for all of us. :)

Hello Ladies! It looks like everyone is doing quite well and some of you have got some good news lately, that makes me so happy to hear!

Just got back from Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands, and couldn't have had a better trip. It was everything I had dreamt of and then some! I think some of you ladies scuba dive, for those who do I highly recommend a liveaboard on the Galapagos Islands, best diving I have ever done! And I have dove in over 12 different countries! Saw 7 whale sharks, schooling hammerheads, Mola Mola, Manta Rays, turtles everywhere, sea lion, Galapagos Sharks and more! All in a 7 day 20 dive trip!

Everything else has been going really well for me, managed to stay on the prenatals and fitness well on holiday and am feeling very prepared :)

Took my last birth control pill yesterday! Period should be starting any day now then after that we are on to trying! It should work out that we are on a mini vacation to Montana when I am fertile if I have a normal cycle (which I am not too sure of as I have been on birth control for over 10 years!).

I would love to follow the board in the ttc forum! And see everyone's journey :)

BusyTulip that is sooo exciting!!!!

Flossie I am glad your ovary is okay! And I am praying for good news to come from your next tests!

When is everyone else starting to try???

That sounds like an amazing trip mrsjarebear! I hope your trip to Montana brings you loads of good luck :)

Glad to hear the good news, Flossie! That must be SUCH a relief!

What am exciting trip, mrsjarebear - we love to travel too, and the Galapagos islands always seemed so very cool.

So the ticker in my signature says I'm just days away from TTC, which is only kind of true. I'm on cycle day 10 of my current cycle, and if we happen to do any BD'ing thus weekend then I guess we'll be NTNP. But not actively trying. If we don't, then I'll get AF around Aug. 7-9, which puts us at TTC by Aug. 24. So at the very least I'll be moving over to TTC by the first week in August at the latest and if something happens this weekend into a TWW next week. Knowing that it doesn't always happen on the first try (and we've got a cut-off in October for TTC because of the wedding next summer), I'm kind of inclined to go for it sooner (i.e. this weekend) rather than later, ha.

Oooh that's one major thing down Flossie. Yay for a good ovary :dance:

Will you get immediate results from your echo? Hoping for more great news for you this week!!!

Thanks! No news on the echo results yet, but the tech at my renal u/s today said no surprises, woo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->