WTT but having symptoms! Help!

gills26

Reaction score
Hi guys,
My husband and I have decided to wait for 6 months to TTC, but I think I'm having symptoms now!
I'm still on the pill, and usually take it regularly, but this month I have had to take antibiotics for a UTI and during the antibiotics I missed a pill (and we weren't using condoms, but had sex just about every second day).
Now I am due on AF today/tomorrow and for the past week I have had what I think may be pregnancy symptoms and need some advice! I am constantly dizzy, need to pee a lot (which I thought was due to my recent UTI) and it smells strongly and is bright yellow, sticky creamy CM, headaches, lots of saliva, hot flushes and a bright blue vein on each breast (from cleavage to nipple) and loads of bright blue veins from my hip bones down to pubic hair.
I took a HPT this morning but it was negative.
I was after some advice from others rather than keep buying HPTs! What do you think?
Thanks!
Gills

A lot of anitbiotics interfere with the pill so there is a good chance you could be pregnant, especially with your symptoms. I'm assuming AF hasn't shown yet so just wait another couple of days and test again, you might just not have enough hormone yet. Good luck:hugs:

Hi Hon, I am in the same boat, been taking abx for 2 weeks and still BD. I asked the girls in TTC when I should test as have a lot of symptoms (but could be after effects of the abx) and they reckon 14 days from the day we BD, as I havn't had a pill break for 3 months due to abx courses and my wedding, so have no idea when AF would be due.

I'm 12 days in now so am testing Wednesday if Royal Mail get my pee sticks here in time!

There's always a possibility, but I would think that if the symptoms are showing that much then you should have enough hCG in your blood to show up on a test.

Good luck...

If you have been taking antibiotics this may have stopped your pill from working altogether as many antibiotics counter the effect of the pill. The fact that you also missed a pill could well mean you are pregnant, if in doubt, head to the docs who will be able to test for you. Alternatively just wait a few more days and retest.

Good luck x

Thanks everyone!
I secretly really hope I am! Usually I'm due my AF on a Tuesday, but last month I came on early Monday and it wasn't a normal one either (started off very brown and then went really light and stopped a couple of days early). So if it hasn't come by Wednesday afternoon, I'll test again. Will keep you updated.
Fingers crossed! x

Good luck! I hope you get the result you want... whichever one you think is better!

I'm having the same issue! I started the pill in late September, but I ended up getting really sick, so my doctor prescribed an antibiotic. I ended up either throwing up or missing pills for about a week, and by the time I was feeling better I'd given up on that pack, and decided to just wait for my next period. In a couple of hours I'll be eight days late!

Testing in a few!

H2B and I decided that I shout come off the pill December 2008 as my periods where a mess plus we figured seeing as it wouldnt be a massive disaster if I was to get pregnant we took the leap!

We are currently using the pull out method.

I was due on on the 29th October but I have been known to go to 32 days which is today.

I've taken two tests but both BFN.

So annoying!! I just want to know either way :growlmad:

Just to update...
I woke up with AF this morning! Doh!
Oh well, I guess it's a blessing since we should be waiting anyway!
Tacoturtle, at 8 days I think I would have tested just as many times!
Brunettebimbo, maybe just leave it another day or two and test again perhaps?
Goodluck girls, I hope you guys get the result you hope for!
x

I'm going to play the waiting game......who knows she may be late due to stress, a lot has happened in the last month so who knows?

I've never really had a regular cycle, but sometimes it settle into one for a few months, and it once stopped for Christmas. Started two days before, stopped Christmas eve, messed up the shred of regularity I had. Never trust your body! :rofl:

AF arrived this morning and im kinda gutted! :(

God knows what I will be like when we actually start TTC!!!:wacko:

Oh hun, I know that feeling!

I have something weird... AF STOPPED last night!!! I'm usually a 6-day AF girl! But TWO DAYS?!?!?

Any ideas???
x

Well I got a :bfn: when I tested yesterday and I am wondering if my bloating etc is my body crying out for a break from the pill so am going to let nature take it's course and have a week off now and then start again, try to get an almost normal cycle back.

Good news is DH and I had a chat last night and through the art of negotiation (he got me drunk!) we will be NTNP from April rather than TTC in June.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->