WTT & Buying a car need advice from mums

tillymum

New mom
Reaction score
So as the title says I'm looking to buy a car and right now I really fancy a 3 door megane. But the wanna be mum inside my head is saying a 5 door would be a much more practical car with a baby! But I really really really:coolio: want the 3 door and with any luck i'll have a successful pregnancy next time and a baby by this time next year.

So question to all mums out there.... is it difficult to put a car seat and baby into the backseat of a 3 door car or is it really more adviseable to have a 5 door?

I did the one arm trial of pulling the front seat forward, and it didn't seem too hard, but what do I know..:shrug:

I'm so excited about getting a new car :happydance: something to keep me going until we ttc next month!!

Hey,

I had the same battle a fewmonths back when wttc...I had a VW Lupo...the smallest of small cars, with a boot you could fit three shopping bags in.

When I looked at cars I anted a Polo or a Punto(OH has a 3 door punto) I wasnt bothered about the number of doors as when you think about it you dont spend that much time putting a baby in a car seat plus you can always get in the back with them as it its designed to hold 4 or more people....
My main concern was boot space for a buggy....

In the end I got a 5 door punto....not for the 5 doors or anything other than the boot space and I got a great deal at the car garage. So now just waitingfor :bfp:

I say if the boot is a good size go for it!

:hug:

Emma.xx

Too be honesy i sometimes found a three door easier on my dads car because you can be straight on to the car seat, But probably eventually a 5door would make sense x

I have a 3 door door as i like them better and got it when i was pregnant. I would say a 5 door is better baby wise tho but i still wouldnt swap my 3 door as i think it looks better

I would go for 5 door. And check for isofix which makes putting in and taking out the car seat easier....

Ooooo whats isofix????

Emma.xx

Basically it's a safety thing for car seats. When you are checking if a car has isofix you slide your hand between the backrest and seat (back) and check if it has two bolts. The car seat can all be attached to a base, which can in turn be attached to the bolts.
If you have this, you dont need to fart around with seat belts when putting the car seat in - believe me, as a frequent traveller, it is soooo much easier with than without.
Not sure if I explained that very well.... so here's a link for you: https://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/child_safety/safety_standards.html

So excited..... we put a deposit down and are picking up our new car on monday!!!! :happydance:

we decided to go with a 5 door in the end just cause the 5 door we looked at had better mileage and a few added extra's that the others didn't have. I still think the 3 door looks better but we both like the car we are getting. SO just have to hope that i'll be putting a baby seat in the back within the next 12 months!!!

That's interesting about the isofix not sure if ours has it will check tomorrow. So excited, so excited so excited:happydance::happydance:

I just traded my 3-door car in for a 5 door. It got to me even before bub arrived. Mine was a Hyundai Accent so not much room in the back. Would def recommend a 5 door, it's so much easier when putting stuff in there and if you have more than 1 passenger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->