WTT December 2018... didn't realise so soon!

Charm23

Reaction score
Very new here although I am familiar with these forums from several years ago when my best friend was having her first.

Recently I've been feeling broody but my DH wants to wait a little longer and so whilst I've pretty much always felt ready he would like a bit more time to enjoy ourselves and go on some more holidays before we have a family. It's a little annoying but I would rather wait for him to be over the moon when it does happen! Right?

So I was thinking about it yesterday and realised that based on two preferences (which are trivial but why not try?) which are:

a) I would like to be a Mummy by the time I turn 30
b) We would like to try and avoid the child being one of the youngest in their class at school

... that we would be aiming (yeah I know you can't really aim but we can at least try, right?) to have our first little one born September-October-November 2019. That means we'd be TTC from Christmas/New Year time next year! Oh my God it sounds so soon when you say it.

Are we being crazy or does anybody else have some preferences? I know ultimately the most important thing is that the baby is happy and healthy but DH is born in July and disliked being one of the youngest in his class. It's all very trivial but no harm in trying, right?

Whilst we're talking of preferences, I would love a girl and will pester DH to keep trying until I get a daughter! haha

Hello Charm23! It appears that we have the same time frame :thumbup: I am also planning to start TTC December 2018. My husband and I are waiting for me to finish up with college, so we are waiting for the last semester before trying. By then I will be 26 and we would really like to have at least 1 or 2 before turning 30 if everything works out. For me 2018 feels so close yet so far! Although, it does feel good to finally have a plan with the DH :happydance:

Oh wow, awesome! I don't know about you but it seems a lot closer than I originally thought now that I've actually worked it out. Before I was just thinking "We'll have a kid before I'm 30" and it seemed ages away.

So you want two before you're 30? Any preferences for gender? Good luck with that! We want 2 as well (maybe 3-4 if I can persuade DH!) but definitely won't manage that before I'm 30 haha!

Actually saying, "we will start trying the end of next year," made it feel real. Before making a plan, it was really just an abstract, distant thing we would eventually get to. At first I was like holy cow that's just around the corner haha, but now I'm starting to do research and it's just making me more excited and wish it were closer! I would like to have a little boy, but would be excited for either. I know my mother-in-law would probably love for us to have a little girl because she had 6 sons! How about you, any preferences for gender?

Hi I started ttc at 29 we didn't have really any preferences other than I was almost 30 and I felt it time for a family. I will say that dh was never really over the moon about ttc he was more whatever and thinking it was messed up we were ttc primarily due to age. It then took 10 months to get my bfp and I don't think dh was really over the moon until dd was born then he got wrapped around her little finger.
My point is that while it's a nice thought to have everyone ecstatic it's not how boys are built and he may not show that excitement till lo is here. I will say if you end up with an lo who would be younger you can hold them back an extra year. Some do that so I wouldn't worry so much about that. My only other thought is try not to get so caught up in your preferences that it would be a disappointment for them to go out the window. I learned from experience that it can be really stressful to get the bfp to start without adding in preferences or expectations

Actually saying, "we will start trying the end of next year," made it feel real. Before making a plan, it was really just an abstract, distant thing we would eventually get to. At first I was like holy cow that's just around the corner haha, but now I'm starting to do research and it's just making me more excited and wish it were closer! I would like to have a little boy, but would be excited for either. I know my mother-in-law would probably love for us to have a little girl because she had 6 sons! How about you, any preferences for gender?
Yeah, I'm just the same! In my mind I'd always figured it was still a few years away not next year! My mum has been hinting at grandkids for ages now but what shocked me more is when my MIL recently started saying things every time I see her like "I saw some cute baby clothes in Next, should I maybe start buying some?.." to "are you trying yet??" haha. I would love a girl but have a strong feeling I'll end up with a boy at least for my first. Either way I will be delighted :)

Hi I started ttc at 29 we didn't have really any preferences other than I was almost 30 and I felt it time for a family. I will say that dh was never really over the moon about ttc he was more whatever and thinking it was messed up we were ttc primarily due to age. It then took 10 months to get my bfp and I don't think dh was really over the moon until dd was born then he got wrapped around her little finger.
My point is that while it's a nice thought to have everyone ecstatic it's not how boys are built and he may not show that excitement till lo is here. I will say if you end up with an lo who would be younger you can hold them back an extra year. Some do that so I wouldn't worry so much about that. My only other thought is try not to get so caught up in your preferences that it would be a disappointment for them to go out the window. I learned from experience that it can be really stressful to get the bfp to start without adding in preferences or expectations
I get what you mean and several people have told me the same thing about men not feeling that excitement until much later on. I think they seem to equate having a baby = fun times are over! I know its very unrealistic to think about gender and date preferences but I'm not silly enough to expect it to all go exactly as planned haha. Thanks for the advice :) Are you wanting a second bubba? Edit: Nvm just saw your sig!

I think we'll have a similar timeline. I want DS to be at least 2 when this baby is born and I want to avoid Dec-April as we have our 3 kids birthdays + christmas then. I also don't want to be heavily pregnant in Feb 2019 as my BIL is getting married and I don't want to be travelling if I'm too pregnant. I think we'll probably try from Sept/October 2018 :)

I think we'll have a similar timeline. I want DS to be at least 2 when this baby is born and I want to avoid Dec-April as we have our 3 kids birthdays + christmas then. I also don't want to be heavily pregnant in Feb 2019 as my BIL is getting married and I don't want to be travelling if I'm too pregnant. I think we'll probably try from Sept/October 2018 :)

Awesome! I'll know who to turn to for advice then as you obviously have lots of experience with your little ones :) I'm glad to see there are others who have to wait as long as I do! I find myself thinking about it so much! Maybe the broodiness seems worse for me as it's something so new and unknown with it being my first. Seriously can't wait! I'll have to try and remember this thread to look back on at the end of next year!

Can I jump in, its been a while, I'm waiting till end of next year to go for number 3 simply for 2 reasons, I don't wanna be pregnant after 30 and I finish my masters mid next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->