WTT Fitness Accountability

aublake

Reaction score
We are planning to begin TTC in June, and I am SO excited! It will be our first (can't you tell?).

I am trying to do everything I can do get in in better shape so my body can be as healthy as possible when carrying a baby. Since the beginning of the year, I have been making a conscious effort to eat better. I have cut back eating out big time and have been cooking healthy meals at home. I also decided to order a treadmill! Crazy? Probably so...

Anyway, I really need some accountability. I need some encouragement to get my rear off the couch and what could be more motivating than the precious little life I hope to carry soon?

Have you tried joining a gym? I've been a member of GoodLife since 2011 and love it!

I am trying to get my body moving too. I have heard that walking for an hour is the best for getting ready for TTC, and I have started beginners yoga.

Loving the yoga at the moment!

If you want we can update on here what we ate and what exercise we did? That might be some accountability for you?

I had a membership to a gym several years ago, but I hated it. I never feel like going after working all day and I also feel self conscious. I'm not overweight, but I'm terribly out of shape and I don't even know what to do when I'm there. Basically, I don't think I'll get my money's worth.
I would love to get into yoga! I am super inflexible, so I would certainly benefit from it. The stress relief would be great as well.

I'll join in... My current goal is circuit training at home 3x a week. I already get plenty of hill walking in, due to my location.

As for eating, I try to make healthy choices, but lately I confess to having an affair with chips.

IMO, it's all about balance. Too much of anything is bad. Too much stress about it (or wanting to do it) is bad. In the past, I've done 5, 6, or 7 day a week workouts and much more rigorous eating plans. Honestly, I didn't see much of a difference. The only thing that I loved was the Whole 30 diet.

I say to do what works for you.

What kind of workouts do you like? I'm a fan of Jillian Michael's Body Revolution series, but I don't follow the rules...just the workouts! After finishing the set, I took the different exercises and created my own workouts that are a little longer and have a little more cardio. I use a circuit timer app and put on some good music. Currently, I find electroswing motivating - Caravan Palace and Parov Stelar are excellent and fun to work out to.

Today I wore a hole in a pair of fitness socks! Woohoo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->