WTT for #2, waiting on dental work and just quit the pill

rescuemom82

Reaction score
I'm nervous and excited, we have decide to start ttc our 2nd baby soon.

I had my daughter in 2012 by EMCS and was very traumatized but finally came around to the idea of having another. my first also had colic for 6 months, reflux and a host of other problems which was scary to say the least ;0

I have to have 2 of my teeth worked on before we start having unprotected sex...I'm too scared of getting a bad tooth while i might be pregnant.

i am just now finishing my pill 'period' week and won't be starting another package

I'm nervous and excited, we have decide to start ttc our 2nd baby soon.

I had my daughter in 2012 by EMCS and was very traumatized but finally came around to the idea of having another. my first also had colic for 6 months, reflux and a host of other problems which was scary to say the least ;0

I have to have 2 of my teeth worked on before we start having unprotected sex...I'm too scared of getting a bad tooth while i might be pregnant.

i am just now finishing my pill 'period' week and won't be starting another package

Just want to say DEFINITELY get the teeth done!

I had badly damaged wisdom teeth and was supposed to get them out prior to having DS2 but we couldn't afford it. I had such bad toothache during his pregnancy and I even passed out with pain from them while in Labour as the pain referred to the teeth while I was in slow labour. It was agony! I went to the dentist after he was born and was scheduled to have them removed but then fell pregnant with DS3! :dohh: lol Same deal all through the pregnancy - bear in mind that you can only take paracetamol and that did not work 100% of the time! Luckily the nerves in the teeth had died by the time he was born so they didn't flare up in labour. He was born in the August and I had to wait until the November to have them out in which time they got so bad I was on codeine daily and couldn't function. The day I got them out was like sweet relief. I practically ran into the dentists office!

PLEASE don't be tempted to TTC before you have them sorted out. It's horrid and if there's 1 thing I would do differently it's to have got them sorted out prior to both my pregnancies.

OMG toothache is the worst and yes tylenol (here in USA) does nothing for me.

I have a broken back tooth that I let go from fear and need it pulled-then need a filling.

I'm stressing over my age (32) which I know is silly but I def want to get the teeth done first :)

I can't imagine having a toothache while in labor, ouch. Although I can't decide what is worse-my 32 hour labor and then EMCS or a tootache. hahah

OMG toothache is the worst and yes tylenol (here in USA) does nothing for me.

I have a broken back tooth that I let go from fear and need it pulled-then need a filling.

I'm stressing over my age (32) which I know is silly but I def want to get the teeth done first :)

I can't imagine having a toothache while in labor, ouch. Although I can't decide what is worse-my 32 hour labor and then EMCS or a tootache. hahah

I've done natural labour 3 times and still would go on to do it again. I never want that toothache again! lol

It is better to get dental work done in the second trimester then waiting until after birth if there is any sort of pain/abcess. Small cavities don't cause pain and are okay to wait to be taken care of after baby, but large decay or infections can pose risks for the baby if not taken care of. The bacteria that causes decay/infections is in your mouth, therefore gets into your bloodstream which you use to grow your baby, if it is something serious it is very risky to wait until after baby. It is best to ask your dentist as they will know if your situation is one that should wait or need to be done in second trimester.

The only thing you can't get done at a dentist while pregnant is x rays. But it's a good idea to get everything done still :)

The only thing you can't get done at a dentist while pregnant is x rays. But it's a good idea to get everything done still :)

My dentist wouldn't extract without the x-rays unless it was an absolute last resort, hence why I had to wait. It was worth it though as she said without the x-rays she would have had difficulty extracting one of them - the other one though literally fell out! lol :haha:

My dentist wouldn't extract without the x-rays unless it was an absolute last resort, hence why I had to wait. It was worth it though as she said without the x-rays she would have had difficulty extracting one of them - the other one though literally fell out! lol :haha:

Exactly. They won't take x rays, and you will need them 99% of the time when needing a tooth extracted. Definitely best to try and get everything done. Just saying it's not the end of the world if you don't, since there are still lots of things you can do :) Could always go & get a set of X-rays taken before TTC.

I work at a dentist.

I've had so many xrays this year lol.

i just need a filling and an extraction of a regular molar and then we can be on our way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->