WTT Girls BAW Thread- October/November/December (Someone create a new one for Jan'09)

I just popped out to the garage to get a sandwich & was sitting there listening to the radio when it suddenly switched itself off... I was like WTF???

Then I realised my battery had gone flat :dohh: so I couldn't get back to work

I was only supposed to be popping out for a few mins so didn't take my phone with me :dohh: so I was sitting there thinking
"arrrgh! what am I gonna do??!!"

........Just then a pick up truck pulled up alongside me... so with a flash of inspiration I jumped out & said to the bloke :blush:
"excuse me..... have you got the time to give me a quick jump please?" :blush: :dohh: :rofl:

Can you believe I actually said that??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

God knows what he must've been thinking? :rofl: x

:rofl: nicky & what did he have to say to that generous offer? :rofl:

Afternoon ladies :hi:

Nicky, so glad you're feeling better today! :yipee: :thumbup:

I think I have the Gout....my foot hurts like hell and my dad and uncle both have it and when I explained the symptoms to them, it's exactly what they get when they have an attack. :dohh: Wonderful! DH said to me, "You have the GOUT????? What are you a middle aged man???" :rofl: :rofl:

I think I have the Gout....my foot hurts like hell and my dad and uncle both have it and when I explained the symptoms to them, it's exactly what they get when they have an attack. :dohh: Wonderful! DH said to me, "You have the GOUT????? What are you a middle aged man???" :rofl: :rofl:

Hey Chris x

What the hell's GOUT???

:rofl: nicky & what did he have to say to that generous offer? :rofl:

He just stared at me with a bemused look on his face & a distinct twinkle in his eye :blush: so I quickly pulled out my set of jump leads & we both burst out laughing :rofl:

He had to help me after that didn't he?

He said "how could I possibly refuse an offer like that?!!" :rofl:

So thanks to my "quick jump" at lunch time I am now sitting here grinning from ear to ear :rofl::rofl::rofl: x

Hey Chris x

What the hell's GOUT???

:rofl:
Gout (metabolic arthritis) is a disease created by a build up of uric acid. In this condition, crystals of monosodium urate or uric acid are deposited on the articular cartilage of joints, tendons and surrounding tissues. These crystals cause inflammation and pain, both severe. If untreated, the crystals form tophi, which can cause significant tissue damage. Gout results from a combination of elevated concentrations of uric acid and overall acidity in the bloodstream

This occurs commonly in men in their toes but can appear in other parts of the body and affects women as well. Low-grade fever may also be present. The patient usually suffers from two sources of pain. The crystals inside the joint cause intense pain whenever the affected area is moved. The inflammation of the tissues around the joint also causes the skin to be swollen, tender and sore if it is even slightly touched. For example, a blanket or even the lightest sheet draping over the affected area could cause extreme pain.

Gout usually attacks the big toe (approximately 75 percent of first attacks); however, it also can affect other joints such as the ankle, heel, instep, knee, wrist, elbow, fingers, and spine

Typically, persons with gout are obese, predisposed to diabetes and hypertension, and at higher risk of heart disease.

Great! I think I fall in the obese category. :dohh: :rofl:

Hey Chris x

What the hell's GOUT???

Gout (metabolic arthritis) is a disease created by a build up of uric acid. In this condition, crystals of monosodium urate or uric acid are deposited on the articular cartilage of joints, tendons and surrounding tissues. These crystals cause inflammation and pain, both severe. If untreated, the crystals form tophi, which can cause significant tissue damage. Gout results from a combination of elevated concentrations of uric acid and overall acidity in the bloodstream

This occurs commonly in men in their toes but can appear in other parts of the body and affects women as well. Low-grade fever may also be present. The patient usually suffers from two sources of pain. The crystals inside the joint cause intense pain whenever the affected area is moved. The inflammation of the tissues around the joint also causes the skin to be swollen, tender and sore if it is even slightly touched. For example, a blanket or even the lightest sheet draping over the affected area could cause extreme pain.

Gout usually attacks the big toe (approximately 75 percent of first attacks); however, it also can affect other joints such as the ankle, heel, instep, knee, wrist, elbow, fingers, and spine

Thanks for the explaination chris :rofl:
Sounds painful how do you get rid of it?? x

Hey Chris x

What the hell's GOUT???

Thanks for the explaination chris :rofl:
Sounds painful how do you get rid of it?? x

I got that from webmd :rofl: It goes away on it's own but you can treat it with anti-inflammatories and NSAIDS like Aleve.

Not sure if it is the gout though...haven't been to the doctor and they usually do tests. I just can't imagine what else it could be! :shrug:

Hi Chris - sorry to hear about your gout, I have heard it can be very painful!
Reedy I totally sympathise re the relatives, I cannot STAND my sis-in-law she just think she knows everything and we are just stupid northern idiots god I HATE her!! thankfully they are spending the whole of Christmas period with her parents in Ireland so I won't have to see her:happydance:

Nicky - that is tooo funny!!!:rofl:

Nicky I know you are desparate for some swimmers, but honestly! :rofl: ;) :rofl:

Ouch sorry to hear you think you have gout Chris - are you going to get that confirmed by a doc?

Reedy - Xmas can be a bit fraught can't it. It seems the majority of people have some family related issue or another which can make things awkward. I personally am looking forward to our first christmas with LO, just the three of us, can't wait! :D

Thankfully my MIL decided to spend Xmas with her mother in Florida. :happydance: This was her year anyway but she was being spiteful because we didn't spend last Xmas with her. My MIL thinks that just b/c she lost her husband that EVERYONE should ALWAYS spend EVERY holiday with her! Um...yeah okay so the rest of us is supposed to forget we have families...please it isn't like she's ever left alone, she's ALWAYS invited places, it's just not what SHE wants!! :growlmad: Pisses me off...

BUT........MIL is leaving for NC tomorrow for 8 months!!!!!!! :yipee: :yipee:

Wish it was time to go home I am super bored today! my boss has gone out to visit a customer though so at least I can come on here! It is tipping it down here now - lovely weather for ducks!

I am bored today too! :hissy:

So I can process a couple of orders I rec'd on my MK website. And of course, play games on FB since they've blocked my pogo! :growlmad:

ugh Chris, gout and no pogo. Good news is I'm here now :rofl::rofl:

I was trying to read everyones posts, but I read the words and they didn't really absorb. I am really out of it today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->