WTT July 2015 - anyone else in the same boat to chat with?

I want to get in top shape for pregnancy. I'm working on building muscle right now, which will also help me gain some weight (currently underweight from breastfeeding) which should help get my cycles back in time for June.

I want to get on a good daily schedule. Life already feels hectic, I'd like to calm the storm before adding to it!

Financially, we're working hard to pay off the rest of our student loans and get enough money for a family car this year. Our current car can't fit a third carseat so it's needed before #3 gets here!

I've been ok with waiting then today I just wanted it to be now :(. I know it'll fly!

Before July. I want to settle well into new job (start next week!). Move house successfully beginning of April. And get engaged which I'm guessing will be in May ;)!

In between I'm trying to live by each day and not thinking oh it's this many days etc. And continue to eat healthy with more exercise, as well as being financially more prepped!

Sounds simple written down :)!

I am Ttc in June too. This will be baby number 3. Hopefully we will all be in first tri together. :)

Ladies, are you doing anything in preparation for July? It's my very first time even planning to TTC so I get a bit flustered thinking about it. Some things I'm trying to do:
1. Exercise regularly - I don't put too much hope into being able to do intensive workouts but I've been doing yoga and swimming every week
2. I'm vegetarian so I'm paying attention to my diet and increasing my protein intake
3. Trying to wake up early even on weekends so I have a more disciplined routine
4. Consciously creating quality time with my DH - we've been together almost 11years and I feel like I'm giving him up partially by adding a baby to our lives.. I don't know if that makes sense to you.

I would love to hear your plans for the next *gasp* <6 months! :flower:

Hi skycastles!
They sound like great ways to prepare. It will be my first time TTC as well so I feel exactly the same!
I am going to prepare by
1. Daily walks, weekly yoga and swimming
2. Cutting out all alcohol (except occasional red wine with dinner!)
3. Begin learning French or Spanish so the little one can hopefully be trilingual!
4. Move from our apartment into a house

xx

I've been ok with waiting then today I just wanted it to be now :(. I know it'll fly!

Before July. I want to settle well into new job (start next week!). Move house successfully beginning of April. And get engaged which I'm guessing will be in May ;)!

In between I'm trying to live by each day and not thinking oh it's this many days etc. And continue to eat healthy with more exercise, as well as being financially more prepped!

Sounds simple written down :)!

Hi Autumn leaves,
I feel exactly the same! These past few days I've been considering not waiting any longer..! Still trying to decide.

I am Ttc in June too. This will be baby number 3. Hopefully we will all be in first tri together. :)

Hi Ridley,
I hope so!!! How cute would that be.
Everyone, is there any way to get alerts when we reply? Or do I have to keep checking back?
xx

Hi prada booties, if you go to edit options then scroll down it will give you the option to receive a email when your subscribed posts get replied to. :)

Oh looks like most of us have goals centred around similar concerns :) sounds good!:thumbup:
Hi pradabooties, learning a new language sounds lovely!
Autumn leaves, hope to hear good news from you in may then ;). I really want to start trying right away too these days.. But we have a couple of major events happening end of the year and we can't add a birth to it. So guess I have to wait. The urge comes and goes tho; some days I'm fine going on with life as it is, some days I wish I was better equipped to TTC immediately, sigh

I'm like that too - some days my baby fever is through the roof and I want to say forget about it, lets just ttc right now! Then a few days pass by and I'm totally okay with waiting until summer.

It's especially rough because literally 90% of women on my facebook are pregnant right now or have brand new infants. Seeing their pictures every day makes me go a little crazy!

Hi prada booties, if you go to edit options then scroll down it will give you the option to receive a email when your subscribed posts get replied to. :)

Thanks so much! I think I've fixed it now :flower:
Are you trying for your first too (sorry if you've previously mentioned)?

Hi again girls!

Hope everyone is doing well

I am actually surprised to be saying that I am currently wondering if I am pregnant... 5 months before I planned to TTC :shrug:

Admittedly recently there was about 6 weeks I was BC free and continued to do the deed because we figured its not likely anything will happen but if it does we are planning to try soon anyway. So I wouldn't be devastated!

I am going to test soon but what do you think of my symptoms? PS. these occured after having an initial withdrawal bleed

- Boobs feeling heavy and REALLY itchy, OH remarked they had grown
- Really bloated
- Skin is going crazy with spots - haven't had spots since I was 16, so annoying!
- Spotted dark brownish colour for one day - did have lower back pain and light cramping (4 days ago now)
- Next day woke up with no bleeding but swollen sore throat - don't feel sick anywhere else
- Also feeling really exhausted! Just slept for 12 hours

Could definitely just be symptom spotting... what do you ladies think? Sorry I know this is not the correct thread for symptoms but feel like you are a good group to ask :hugs:

I don't have much experience with the pill but I suppose it could possibly be symptoms triggered from coming off of the pill. A lot of them don't sound like pregnancy symptoms but some of them do so it never hurts to test for just in case. When I was pregnant with DS though I had literally all of the same symptoms as I had with PMS (which was basically just sore boobs, bloating, and moodiness). The only thing that tipped me off to test was that I was late, and sore boobs were always a sign that AF was on the way right on time. I was shocked and seriously not expecting the test to be positive but was thrilled none the less. I hope that you are happy with the answer that you receive, whether it's a surprise bub or getting the chance to really TTC at a later date. :flower:

I def don't know what BFP symptoms are :) but the scare that i had back in Nov was because of unusually bad pms symptoms before a period that came earlier than usual. I had the extreme bloating and exhaustion, along with lower abdomen cramping. One thing that you have which I didn't though, is that light spotting which maybe a strong sign of pregnancy! Cos not all women get implantation bleeding, so if u notice some spotting and it's been 4 days since without any more bleeding, it could be IB, right? How exciting, good luck for whatever you want the result to be :hugs:

Thank you! It could definitely be just hormones going crazy for another reason, thats for sure! I will be testing in the next couple of days just to be sure. In the meantime, and chances are after testing, I am still on the WTT July 2015 team! :thumbup::flower:

How are we all doing with the wait?

My latest thing is I can't stop looking at baby clothes/items/furniture auctions on ebay :haha:

Do let us know how it goes, pradabooties!
I've been a bit sad lately... DH is still alright with trying in July but he says he prefers 2016, early or mid. It's 'just' a 6mths wait, or at most a year. I can still keep the Jul date but now I don't know whether I should. Reasons for waiting are mainly work deadlines.
On one hand, i want him to be as excited as me and anticipate the TTC process, so I would wait till he's less overwhelmed with his job. On the other hand, he's in a very busy industry and will always have multiple projects, and we'll already be financially ready by July so I just don't want to wait.
Any thoughts/ advice? :cry:

Definitely let us know what the test says (or if AF shows)! :thumbup:

SkyCastles: Men generally don't get as excited as we do when it comes to trying for a baby and some of them never feel comfortable with legit trying. Speak your mind though, let him know how you feel and tell him that "simply not feeling ready" or "my job is stressful right now" is not an acceptable excuse and that this is very important to you and let him know the longest that you are willing to wait. You can also bring up the NTNP route, that usually seems like a much less stressful way to try for a baby for most men, even though it's usually just NTNP on the guy's part and actually TTC on the girl's part. I've been lucky in the fact that my DF is excited to TTC this year and that he agrees with me on age gaps, but when DS was younger it was almost impossible to get him to talk about when to TTC. It was even harder to get him to talk about TTC the first time around though, even though he was 27 with a Master's degree and certainly not "too young" to consider having a child, even for a man. We actually never TTC the first time, DS was a "happy accident". So honestly I have no idea when he would have been ready if we hadn't fallen pregnant when we did, I may have been WTT until at least June 2014 if not longer. Now that he's been a dad and realizes that it isn't the end of life as he knew it and that it's a more enjoyable experience than not he's excited to have another baby. Sometimes men just need a little extra push to enter the world of fatherhood (or in my case I just got lucky and got pregnant unexpectedly anyway).

Hi prada, will be trying for number 3. Your symptoms sound like pg. Let us know when you test.

Is anyone else on the WTT list getting excited about maternity clothes?! I catch my husband wandering to the baby section in stores... but I've been "window shopping" at maternity stores online! With my dd, I wore sweatpants every day to work (I was in data entry working at 6:30am, so no strict dress code.) This time around (assuming I start ovulating), I'll be student teaching and will need a much more professional attire!

I'm also really excited to do legitimate maternity clothes shopping this time around. Last time we were tight to the wire so I had to go to second hand shops and received hand-me-downs from my mother for most of my maternity clothes (my youngest brother is about 2 years and 10 months older than DS, so my mom had leftover maternity clothes from her pregnancy with him and we're about the same size in most clothes). This time I'll be able to buy real, cute maternity clothes though. I probably won't start shopping (or even window shopping) until I'm actually pregnant just so that I will know which season to shop for. Last time I needed maternity clothes for the spring and summer but this time I'm hoping for fall and winter or winter and spring. It stays pretty cold here until at least April, so unless I had a May or June due date then I probably wouldn't need clothes for spring and shouldn't need clothes for summer unless I have a July or August due date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->