WTT - July 2017

MrsHudson

Mama & Doula
Reaction score
My DH and I decided to put ttc on hold for a bit after I suffered a mc two weeks ago. I am going on bcp next week and plan to stop in May and have a couple months to get a hang of my cycle, then ttc in July for our second (technically third) baby.

I'm looking for ladies to join me and keep me company for the next, hopefully short, 6 months.

DH surprised me and offered to use condoms instead. I'm happy to be hormone free!

That's great! I'm not a fan of bcp either... I don't feel at ease with them, so we just use the pull out method.

OH and I are actually looking at trying to start TTC in August, so I guess we both have some waiting to do!

Are you planning to do anything else to 'prepare' in the mean time?

Also, I'm really sorry for your miscarriage. I can't even imagine how hard it is to go through something like that.

Thanks for the reply ikaria! I took bcp for many years before I had ds and I didn't realize how hard they were on my body. Not to mention with the mc, I'd rather not add more hormones to my body. We would do pull out too but it's a little too risky for me haha. I know plenty of people who do it successfully though.

Yes lots of waiting but I bet it will go fast!

In the mean time I plan to get as healthy as possible. To eat better and get rid of harmful products in my home (within reason of course). And we want to get our office slowly cleared out so we can turn it into a nursery. We had bought crib and changing table before the mc and id like to get it out of the garage. How about you? Any plans?

Thank you I appreciate that. It wasn't the right time but still devastating nonetheless.

Hello! We're starting to TTC #2 in June... more like late June, as I'll start a cycle halfway through the month.

OH and I are putting off TTC. Technically it's NTNP, what will be will be. But AF hasn't returned from DS and every HPT is negative. Ideally, if I don't get pregnant before then, we will actively try for a baby in the summer, when I am done with massage school.

Also there is a phase between 18 and 24 months where toddlers can become very clingy and needy, might be best to not have a newborn also in that phase. By June, LO will be 16 months :wacko:

I want to be in better shape and have more of an exercise routine in my life before/during TTC/pregnancy.

Great, there's quite a few of us summer TTCers! :) The wait will be easier - or at least more entertaining :) I see you will all be TTC #2! Do you have any gender preferences for the second child, since you all already have one baby?

@MrsHudson - my plan is also to get as healthy as possible. I'm currently studying for my bar exam (another thing I need to finish before we TTC), and I'm spending all my time at home, not exercising and eating junk food while studying. So I can't wait for this to be over, so I can start exercising again (I feel like my muscles have turned into pure fat in the last few months, haha) and cooking my own meals! Also, OH and I need to finish renovating our place... It's going slower than we'd like, but we kind of expected that. We still have some time though, and we're pretty confident that we'll definitely be able to move back till the summer.

Hope your BAR goes well! Totally get it lol I eat junk when I'm studying too.

No preference, I would love a little girl for #2 but would be over the moon with two little boys. I think I will get a boy for #2

I get what your saying. Whenever I think about gender I feel like it would be so awesome to have one of each, but then I remember - oooh, but how great would it be to see the dynamic between two siblings of the same gender! :)

So, I don't really care about the gender at the moment.

However! I must admit I have though about using the gender swaying diet for a specific gender, just so I could see if it actually works, haha :) Crazy scientist, I guess, haha.

Right now everything connected to how a baby comes to be is really interesting to me (including how the gender is determined - since everything in the human body is there for a reason (or at least used to be), I kind of doubt the gender is purely incidental). This, of course, isn't helping my broodiness at all! :)

Plus, it seems like everyone around me is having babies! My best friend just gave birth to a perfect little boy three days ago.

I have a friend on here that swayed for a girl and she has a little girl :)

And I swayed boy unintentionally...

Congrats to your friend! I bet she needs her house cleaned by a friend lol.

Do you do any contraception?

Yeah, I would clean her house in a heartbeat, everyday, haha, just to spend time with the little munchkin! But, sadly, I have a really nasty cold at the moment, so I decided to wait until I'm healthy to meet the little guy. The mom is breastfeeding, so she told me the baby can't get sick in the first few days after birth because of some stuff in the milk (not sure), but I'm not taking any chances! :) Plus, the mom and the dad aren't breastfeeding, so they CAN get sick :p I'll probably wait till after NY, just to be safe.

No, we're not using any contraception - just the pull out method. It's been working for us great for 10 years, so I don't see a reason for anything else. And if we do get an "oopsie", we'd still be very happy about it :)

Do you do any temping or opks? Will you be adjusting your bd to the times of supposed ovulation? Or just going with the flow?

We are very "go with the flow" oriented. That's how we were blessed with DS.

But I still don't have my cycle back from BF so who knows if I'll even be able to get pg by then? We don't want to set ourselves up for disappointment.

Being in school though I would rather
wait to get pg til closer to the finish line!

How far along are you with your school?

just finished the first of three quarters for massage, but I want to go on for two years after for my BA in education

Hiya:wave:
I'm hoping we're going to TTC in July/August time depending on my cycle :)

@DaisyDreamer - wow, massage, that's great! I totally get it about rather waiting to get pregnant until you're closer to finishing school though... OH and I have been wanting kids for sooo long (or so it feels, haha!), but we decided to wait until we have all our ducks in a row - finishing school, finding jobs, doing my bar, finish our place... But there always seems to be something going on! You can never be sure when the time is right. I guess it really depends on the person and the whole situation.

@vickyandchick - hi!!! My OH and I have the same plan, so hopefully we'll both get lucky the first time and be bump buddies! :)

Anyone else here open to see what happens between now and TTC?

Of course not much for me until I get AF back, except wondering if I possibility caught on my first ovulation.

Nightweaning has pretty much been halted, well I feel more comfortable night nursing here anyway. The bed is softer :)

Might be planning a 1000 mile move if not into Canada then Alaska!

Wow, how come you're thinking of moving that far away?

As for being open to see what happens - as much as we'd be happy if I get pregnant before August, we kind of wish I don't, and we definitely won't be trying...

We do not want to NTNP. Last time we did that, we got pregnant immediately. So it's not seeing what happens for us anymore! LOL I know what happens!

I really do not want another winter baby, so we'll definitely be waiting until June at the earliest.

Mrs. Hudson I'm very sorry for your loss. I really hope that you get your beautiful rainbow baby this coming summer. :hugs:

Hey Daisy, it's good to see you hun! :wave:

Hello ladies, mind if I join you? The very earliest we'll be TTC #3 is probably September 2017 but I'm counting on September 2018 just to be safe. :flower:

Ikaria - I swayed :pink: successfully for my second baby! It was a lot of fun. I've been going back and forth about whether or not I want to sway again since DH and I both kind of want another girl but we'd be happy with either as we love our DS to pieces too and we plan to go team :yellow: for the whole pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->