WTT with a view to TTC in Sept/Oct/Nov - looking for a TTC buddy!

I'm would definitely rather know what to expect and all the options. Today just confirmed for me that I do not want instrumental delivery. I'm very much into the idea of a water birth with gas and air and leave me to it please. If no water birth then happy to do whatever. I know not all instrumental deliveries are bad but I just feel they are not for me.

I'm would definitely rather know what to expect and all the options. Today just confirmed for me that I do not want instrumental delivery. I'm very much into the idea of a water birth with gas and air and leave me to it please. If no water birth then happy to do whatever. I know not all instrumental deliveries are bad but I just feel they are not for me.

Sonia, I just about had a water birth with my first! I labored in there from 6-7cm on and started pushing in there as well. DDs cord was wrapped twice so I ended up needing to get out for the actual birth. Which was fine - for me the contractions were what hurt, the birth itself was totally painless. But let me tell you how much that water helped ease contractions! I will never forget the feeling of getting in there for the first time. Amazing and I am SO excited to do it again. And hopefully have her be born in there this time :) We don't have the option of gas/air here, so that water was the best pain reliever.. Amazingamazingamazing1

Thanks for that Presh. I'm really set on one and have been for years and know if I can have one I would rather say thanks now just leave me to it, well you know what I mean :) my hospital only have one birthing pool so chances may be quite slim :(

Only 1?? That's not right!! Hopefully you will get lucky and it will be all yours. The shower can help, too. Up until I got into the water, i had to be walking/standing. Sitting or lying down was too uncomfortable. You just never know what your body is going to do. I'm really hoping lying down will be what is best this time so I can actually rest!!

I know, one is just not enough! I intend to be as mobile as possible and let gravity take its toll and then be in the pool if I can x

Our hospital had none until the queen opened up our new maternity unit in August. Im thinking about of water birth too, the only bit that puts me off Is the water changing colour and if I did a poo. I don't mind what happens it's Shaun I'm thinking of, he will be really screamish, but I know he will support me either way.

I enjoyed the bath whilst on labour too as agree it's the contractions that are painful- but I do remember yelling as Demi came out but at the same time I was thinking 'ouch, this hurts but I defo thought it was going to hurt more!' I think I was yelling because I was scared having not experienced this part of labour with Isla.

I'm defo looking forward to it.
Can't believe you don't get gas and air Presh! I don't feel it helped but it was just something to do whilst mid contraction....

Walking helped me millions... Wonder how many miles I did! Lol. And a birthing ball was good x

Elz, really sorry you didn't get your bfp :hugs:

Ladies, I cannot wait to hear your birth stories! So exciting.

Jem - how did you find having two babies and how do you think you'll adapt to having 3?
I've found the baby easier this time round but giving the toddler his deserved attention I'm finding more difficult to balance. Getting better though

Oooh I struggled too, I feel guilty too.
I spent much of the day making sure the baby was happy but giving as much attention to my toddler as I could, I just felt so guilty. Then when my toddler went to bed I'd cuddle the baby so much.
It's hard trying to divide your attention, I found it easier to give the toddler attention when she needed it as I had such a content baby.
I really found it hard and still do now... When Demi got on the move, it ment I just couldnt get a puzzle out on the floor as Demi comes along and destroys it- but now she tries to help but Isls doesn't want help! Lol.

I've no idea how I will adapt to three? I'm assuming it won't be a shock like going 1-2?
But I've blnot got the nursery runs three days a week and I've obviously got to make the new baby has her milk and the bigger girls are fed, dressed and on time.
My toddler goes 9-3 two days a week and 9-12am one morning, so I'm hoping to continue a toddler group on one of these mornings.
Just so hard, I'm wandering how I'm going to bath three children? I bath the girls together and it's like a play time to them, but where will the baby fit in to this routine? Lol x

hi ladies feeling super icky tonight but wanted to pop in and say hi---hope you all feel better than I do right now!!! ;)

Almost - I cannot believe that you're nearly 12 weeks already!! How excited are you to announce to your family!? x

Almost- now comes sniffy nose, cold and cough.....I remember when I entered the second trim....:dohh: the first month was awful....I used to catch a cold everyday.... It was bad.....when you go to sleep and get up .... I had to breath from my mouth and apply Eucalyptus oil on my nose and :sleep:.... Take care..... With cold also comes...Back pain.... Next month I am entering third trim.... I guess there will be more of aches and pain

Can't believe how quick it's flying for you almost. My second tri was bliss compared to my first and the third is well, tiring again! Lol! Only 7 weeks for me. It's my shower today :)

Presh - happy birthday x

Ohh is it your birthday Presh? Have a fab day!

Eeeek 7 weeks, how excite! Let us know how your baby shower goes.
I had one with my first, my friends decorated our flat we had and we played lots of fun games. No one ever mentioned a shower for my second or this one :(

5 more night shifts for me, then just a couple of days with three weeks holiday then mat leave, can't wait.

Anyone off sex? I have zero sex drive and Shaun selfishly slept on the sofa last night coz I didn't want sex!
How can get horney when I feel the baby hiccuping? Can't think of anything worse! X

What's your official due date almost? How are you going to announce to family?
I'm 29 weeks today and I've put 15lb so far, probably will put on 20lb by tomoz, going yo make scrummy flap jack with the girlies, mmmmmm xx

Happy birthday presh! yours is the day after my husbands! =)

Sonia-enjoy your shower-I can't wait for mine!!!

Shrad-funny you mention that-I starting getting this annoying cough that sounds like a fake pathetic one last night lol a bit of asthma breathing, and woke up all stuffy on one side with a headache. Hope your third tri is better for you!!!

Jem-I am due May 30th*, 2013!!!! And I am announcing to my mom, dad, and sister at thanksgiving this Thursday-can't beleive the time is almost here!!! I got a fun card to give them =) I am just going to say how DH and I know how hard they have been working and we appreciate them cooking for TG every year, so we thought we would get them a thank you card!LOL. Then that evening or the evening after (black friday here in the US) we will announce to all of our friends together-not quite sure how yet...and then less than a month from announcing to my family, we will hop off the plane in Brazil and see if DH's parents notice my belly! We have a huge family reunion so we can announce to the rest of the family then!!! SO excited....may get an announcement shirt if we think I am not big enough yet lol

Hope all are well and enjoying their weekend!!

Thanks ladies, had an amazing afternoon. Will post some pics.

Jem - mine came and went, it's gone completely at the moment and poor hubby is gaging for it!

Hi Jem! I am okay-shocked to see I have already gained about 8lbs for first tri (my doctor said 1st tri starts at week 13, not 12, so I am just going by that). I announced to my mom dad and sister. I ended up balling and pouring out our whole IVF story and our scare about not hearing the doppler 2 days before our announcement. My mom teared up a bit, and dad just seemed happy-they already managed to put our babys 12 week 5 day ultrasound on their cells! LOL we asked them not to tell anyone as we dont want people saying anything on Facebook since we aren't able to tell dh's family in person until the end of next month. Hope everyone who celebrated Thanksgiving had a great day yesterday and hope all are feeling wonderful!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->