x

This is from my hospital, you can see in the picture the uniforms... I think they refer to them as smart scrubs... Plus it explains the different colours...

https://www.nbt.nhs.uk/patients-carers/coming-hospital/who-you-might-see

This is from my hospital, you can see in the picture the uniforms... I think they refer to them as smart scrubs... Plus it explains the different colours...

https://www.nbt.nhs.uk/patients-carers/coming-hospital/who-you-might-see

That's like the scrubs all health care people wear here, I wish my hospital had a page like that!

I wish I got to wear scrubs!

Where I work we wear non uniform and something comfortable but professional as we deal with other professionals but also need to be able to restrain (semi secure highly challenging unit based in the community).

In hospitals the trust decides. Here in Scotland health care assistants are in light blue, nurses in medium blue and senior nurses in navy.

Bit off topic but interested to know about the scrubs thing - I gave birth in a small local hospital (midwife led unit) and the midwives wore tunics for the most part. However, just before I delivered they changed into scrubs. I definitely wasn't in theatre though, as they don't have one at that hospital, you have to be transferred. My sister in law is training to be a midwife locally so I'll have to ask her!

They would still wear scrubs because of the amount of blood and fluids and stuff, it would be for infection control. Otherwise they would have to wear so many uniforms every single shift. My OH is a nurse endoscopist so he wears scrubs for that, because of the poo etc...but it's not in theatres, you don't even have to have them done in hospital, some GP surgeries have endoscopy suites. Then when he's doing jobs other than the procedures he puts his uniform back on. x

We don't change in to scrubs for delivery, we just wear our normal uniform and an apron (if you get time to put it on!). Some of the midwives on labour ward wear scrubs routinely if they haven't got a uniform yet. The only time I wore scrubs on labour ward was if I got something on my uniform or if I had been to theatre (they were far more comfy so there would be no point changing after coming out of theatre).

As a nurse, the only time I wear scrubs is if I get covered in something. Only nurses based in any area of theatre wear scrubs routinely, and sometimes, nurses who are pregnant and haven't yet received a maternity uniform wear scrubs. Staff can choose to wear a dress if they wish but students, both in my current Trust and the Trust where I trained as a nurse, didn't have that option. Like others, the colour of the uniform is dictates by the Trust. The only scrubs we have are blue and green, but I've only ever seen the anaesthetists in green.

The Trust is quite tight about issuing new uniform, so quite a few nurses wear black trousers as they've bought them themselves. Some of the matrons don't like it, but if they're not replacing the uniform as frequently as its needed, they can't really say anything.

Wales has gone to an all-Wales uniform, too, and I think that is quite scrubsy.

In my Trust only theatres incl recovery, endoscopy, a & e and icu wear scrubs. The rest wear uniform- a dress or tunic and trousers.

In my Trust only theatres incl recovery, endoscopy, a & e and icu wear scrubs. The rest wear uniform- a dress or tunic and trousers.

Funny how trusts are different. When I worked in endoscopy we weren't allowed to wear scrubs (except nurse endoscopist) unless we were in the disinfection room and if we forgot our uniform we would be moved out of the procedure rooms/assessment rooms etc. ICU don't wear scrubs either. Don't know about A&E but children's A&E definitely don't.

I actually asked this at our local hosp when E was spending alot of time there. I was told the darker the shade (of blue) the more 'senior' the nurses are. The students are white and there was also purple for the people stocking stuff up (tubes/tapes/gloves ect) and pink for the cleaners.

edit. this if for the uniform. We only ever saw docs in scrubs. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->