x

My eldest was a nightmare. His 'terrible twos' lasted from 18months until about 4 1/2 years. We found out I was pregnant with our second when he was around 18 months and wondered what on earth we'd done!!!

All I can say is that DD was a different type of child. She has had tantrums etc but they've been different to her brothers.
Even if your second has the same type of tantrums it's likely that he'll react in a different way than your first.

My experience was a positive one because they were both different and if I'm honest most people I've spoken to have said the same thing.

My daughter went through terrible tantrums from the age of 2 until just turned 3. I thought she actually had a behavioural disorder at one point as her behaviour was so extreme. My son started tantrums at about 20 months and at 3 years and 3 months he is still stuck in the terrible 2s! His tantrums have been horrendous and I am now terrified my baby who is 17 months will go through this stage too.

My first was and is so calm, she slept, she didnt tantrum or hit....my second is something else entirely!!!! She usually spends her day screaming, shouting or growling at me, tantrums galore, hitting, biting and still doesnt sleep well at 2 yrs 4 mths!

My eldest was awful after she turned 3. I thought she was possessed :shock:

My son turns 3 in May so I guess we'll see haha. But so far he is much easier to deal with than his sister (he's so easy going and almost always happy, his sister uh wasn't ever happy and is high maintenance :lol:)

My 2nd is much worse than my 1st. I think their personality kind of shows as a baby, too, though, so I pretty much expected he was going to be worse, lol. He's been pretty fussy since he was a baby, and that hasn't improved. He's fine when he's happy and playing, but when he hits a bad mood, its BAD, and the tantrums are epic. DS1 was nothing like this.

I think its different for everyone. I always here the 2nd is not as bad, but only bc you cannot pay as much attention to them as you did when you had the one child. So the first child knew they could get away with more :) My first was pretty good through the 2's... she went through a phase at 3-4. Mostly just testing me to see what she could get away with. I am hoping my 2nd is smooth sailing, but we will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->