~xBi-racial Bumpsx~ *36 Babies Born & Counting!*

Thanks Braven! :D

Sooo some parts of Alexa's hair is getting a bit natty. :(
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have been putting about a drop or two of pure virgin olive oil in her hair each day because if I don't it will be very frizzy. I don't know what to do to reverse what is happening. :shrug: =/

&& I only wash her hair once a week because I'm scared to dry her hair out... and yet it is still managing to dry out.

What baby shampoo do you guys use?

I sometimes use Johnson and Johnson extra conditioning Shampoo or the Shampoo and condition johnson and johnson.

I would say grease her scalp every 2 days or daily. Maybe try an olive oil cream so she doesn't look like a grease monkey lol. I have been greasing Kaliyah's hair since 2 weeks to keep her hair from breaking off in the back and it works pretty good.

Sarai's hair is the same... :wacko:

I wash her hair with Aveeno Baby (the oatmeal is very moisturizing) and I use a coconut oil for her hair... it's done fairly well.. olive oil just wasn't cutting it for us at all (I used it for her first 8 or so months)

Hi all, I'm new to the forum so hello!

I gave birth last week to a mixed race baby - I'm white and my husband is black - Caribbean decent. My LO doesn't have a Mongolian blue spot but I have been told that all mixed race babies do. Do any of your LOs not have one?!

Welcome
I did not know what a Mongolian blue spot was so I googled it and Kaliyah has one on her arm. I thought it was a weird birth mark lol.

Hi ladies! theres so many pages to get through lol so sorry if my question is repeated if someone else has asked.

my baby will be half black half white, , as a black woman i know its important to creame scalp etc often. but im aware white peoples hair naturaly becomes greasy? but i dont know about mixraised peoples hair.

i want my babys hair to be nice and shiney lol , what do i need to do to keep her hair in good condition?

i live in the uk. so if you could list what products you use , il have alook online, and when you started using those products like when babys new born or abit older etc

also do you wash babys hair everyday? will top to toe body wash be okay? or does it need to be shampoo n conditioner etc
thanks xx

She's half african american half puerto rican :) a true diva lol

Hi ladies! theres so many pages to get through lol so sorry if my question is repeated if someone else has asked.

my baby will be half black half white, , as a black woman i know its important to creame scalp etc often. but im aware white peoples hair naturaly becomes greasy? but i dont know about mixraised peoples hair.

i want my babys hair to be nice and shiney lol , what do i need to do to keep her hair in good condition?

i live in the uk. so if you could list what products you use , il have alook online, and when you started using those products like when babys new born or abit older etc

also do you wash babys hair everyday? will top to toe body wash be okay? or does it need to be shampoo n conditioner etc
thanks xx

Hiya! =]

These are interesting questions I would like to know the answer to as well.

I haven't Creamed Alexa's Scalp Ever. Yikes! :wacko: I don't really know much. All I've ever done was put a drop or two of pure virgin Olive Oil in her hair, or used a Detangler for babies.

Her hair has been GREAT until a few days ago. Since her hair is getting longer, it's just one patch of hair will get a bit frizzy like.. as if it's dry. I try to put a little oil on my fingers and comb it through her hair to try and give it that hydrated look, it works. But I want to fix the problem.. Not hide it. :wacko:

And I personally am Afraid to wash her hair too much because of drying it out.
I wash about 1-2 times a week. I hope I'm not being too gross??? && I just use baby Extra Conditioning Shampoo or baby shampoo and conditioner all in one.

I might aswell join in, my LO is a melting pot of english, scottish, irish, spanish/morrocan and indian phew.

lil dreamy i dont think its gross because im black and my hair dresser has told me it does dry your hair out , maybe a bit of scalp creame might help? like with not much chemicals in? or alittlte bit of vasaline to hydrate her scalp? those are the only ideas i can think of!! xx

It's actually a GREAT idea not to wash everyday :thumbup:

Once or twice a week at most is good! The natural oils in hair will be able to develop

Definitely research coconut oil, shea butter, jojoba oil for hair! These are GREAT nourishing products that are all natural.

I just started using a product called "Beautiful Curls"

https://www.beautifulcurls.com/store/pc/catalog/653-lg_794_general.jpg

but I don't like how this smells :wacko: It's got a very different smell to it... but it goes away after about 5-10 minutes... The product itself has Neem oil, West African Sesame Oil, Calendula infused Sunflower Oil (Helianthus annuus), Shea Butter, Virgin Coconut Oil, and Vanilla Extract. It has done MUCH better on Sarai's hair, but still not where I want it to be... :dohh: I keep hearing GREAT things about just using pure coconut oil by itself or maybe mixed with a little jojoba oil.... I will try this after she runs out of the other stuff :thumbup:

ETA: I'm sorry, I just remembered this might not be available in the UK... not sure!

I use California Baby shampoo w/ tea tree oil and chamomile in it, I was her hair 2x a week. I also use plain old leave in conditioner on her hair, I've tried Pinks lotion and Soft and Precious but those were too heavy on her hair.

I used california baby for the longest too! But just the body/hair wash... not the shampoo itself... The stuff I was using dried her hair out HORRIBLY... maybe I need to try the shampoo?? hmm....

Where do they sale the California baby shampoo ladies? I am so ignorant with all this. Maddys hair gets so dry in the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->