Welcome to the group everyone! :hugs:

thank you everyone =D
later i will post a picture of my oldest afro
it is so cute but i usally tie it up because it so much easier to look after

Welcome to the group!
Your babies are adorable!

When are you do? :D

Has anyone picked out any names yet?
I had baby boy names picked out, but I'm having a girl. And completly lost when it comes to girl names.

This name might be silly and I don't know if I want to call her it. Lol.
Today I was watching a movie, and it was about this group of people havig a hard time living in Africa, then they named their new born baby girl "Omala" which means Hope. I really can't decide if I like that name or not. I think I like the meaning more than anything. Mainly because I'm afraid I'm going to end up being a single mother, that I'm having alot of hope that I can raise my baby to the best that I can. So Hope fits really well. :)

thank you =D
i am due 17th nov
Well me and my OH have some names picked out but the ones he likes i dont like and the ones i like her dont like lol.
The names i like:
Peyton Brooke Grace
Brooke
Spencer
Gracie Mae
Aiden
Lewis
Hope
Faith
Angel
My OH likes:
Bliss
Flame
Teamae
John
Washington
Tassa.

Omala is a nice name so is hope.

Can you put me as another team PINK for bi-racial bumps!!

:) Thanks!!!!

Yay! Another girl!! I will find out on July 1st! I need a little girl! Lol

Hey, my DH is half Mexican, quarter Italian and quarter SwissGerman and I'm White British. My DH is quite dark, although he looks more Italian whilst his brother looks really Mexican. Sofia has got quite dark skin and hair but her eyes are blue which his family went nuts over! Ha ha. Very interesting to see what this baby will look like.

Welcome to the group!
Your babies are adorable!

When are you do? :D

Has anyone picked out any names yet?
I had baby boy names picked out, but I'm having a girl. And completly lost when it comes to girl names.

This name might be silly and I don't know if I want to call her it. Lol.
Today I was watching a movie, and it was about this group of people havig a hard time living in Africa, then they named their new born baby girl "Omala" which means Hope. I really can't decide if I like that name or not. I think I like the meaning more than anything. Mainly because I'm afraid I'm going to end up being a single mother, that I'm having alot of hope that I can raise my baby to the best that I can. So Hope fits really well. :)

I picked the name Aurie Rose for my pink bump! :happydance:

im gonna name my LO Michael Luke but call him micah pronounced mee-kah for short

I am Black (East African) and DH is Caucasian French, we are the only mixed race on both sides of families. Everyone is supportive we are curious am sure everyone else is too. And due September 9th, it is a boy.

Read through this again and the topic of hair caught my eye as I want my lil girls hair to look nice and not all over the place, lol. OH has a mixed daughter (again blk/wht) and she has such pretty hair, shiny, smooth and wavy, so I am thinking LO's hair will be like that..

Here she is, she was 3 in this picture

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs119.snc4/36288_89778270920_590700920_2840309_1506899_n.jpg
:cloud9::cloud9: love her!

Read through this again and the topic of hair caught my eye as I want my lil girls hair to look nice and not all over the place, lol. OH has a mixed daughter (again blk/wht) and she has such pretty hair, shiny, smooth and wavy, so I am thinking LO's hair will be like that..

Here she is, she was 3 in this picture

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs119.snc4/36288_89778270920_590700920_2840309_1506899_n.jpg
:cloud9::cloud9: love her!

aww shes a cutie!!

She looks like she has VERY tame hair!!I personally wouldn't expect your bubs to have the same hair as it really is pot luck!She looks like she has got more of the 'white' hair,hence it being so loose!

You will be very lucky to get a LO with hair like hers as it will be easy to care for!

She's adorable. Her hair deffinately looks easy to care for. We can only cross our fingers that your baby will get the same hair.

I think with bi-racial babies, it's more or less a draw. Lol. Put all the different types of hair in a basket, different shades of skin, and eye color and draw three, and that's what you will get. I think that's what makes this whole experience even more exciting! :D

And for all of the new ladies, welcome!

Faerie, I'm putting you down for September 30th, I guesstimated by your ticker. So if your due on a different date please let me know. :D

ShanandBoc, Congrats on joining team :pink:PINK!:pink: :D :D

Oh yea, and xUniquex, You have alot of guts going yellow!! You are going to have alot of suprises on your due date. I'm super excited for you! I think you're the only one of us waiting for the big day to find out!

And I love all of your names you picked out for your babies!

And sorry I can't remember who put down their husbands choices they said they didn't like the names he picked out. I can kind of understand why you don't lol. :rofl:

Some were cute, I hope you two can come up with one that you both love! :D

Updating all of you guys with your new information. :)

She's adorable. Her hair deffinately looks easy to care for. We can only cross our fingers that your baby will get the same hair.

I think with bi-racial babies, it's more or less a draw. Lol. Put all the different types of hair in a basket, different shades of skin, and eye color and draw three, and that's what you will get. I think that's what makes this whole experience even more exciting! :D

And for all of the new ladies, welcome!

Faerie, I'm putting you down for September 30th, I guesstimated by your ticker. So if your due on a different date please let me know. :D

ShanandBoc, Congrats on joining team :pink:PINK!:pink: :D :D

Oh yea, and xUniquex, You have alot of guts going yellow!! You are going to have alot of suprises on your due date. I'm super excited for you! I think you're the only one of us waiting for the big day to find out!

And I love all of your names you picked out for your babies!

And sorry I can't remember who put down their husbands choices they said they didn't like the names he picked out. I can kind of understand why you don't lol. :rofl:

Some were cute, I hope you two can come up with one that you both love! :D

Updating all of you guys with your new information. :)

My oldest is a very weird mix,because she has very light skin,blonde afro and blueish greenish eyes.
i am just waiting to see if my younger will keep her straight hair.
thats me who but down my OH choices,i know he picks out some weird names lol.
i dont think we will come up with a name we both like,because with the other two's names we picked a first name or a middle name lol

My fiance and myself can't pick a name that we both like either.

He's really old fashioned, and wants baby to have a name that is in the family.

I'm the complete opposite! I think baby should have her own unique name.

If we were having a boy he wanted to name him Joseph, after himself and his dad and grandfather. On my side, it's my brothers name, grandfathers name, cousins name, and great great grandfathers name. I just think that's too much, and personally I don't like the name.

Now that we found out it's a girl, he wants to name her after his mom who passed away last year. I really feel bad... and feel that I really don't have much of a choice. I haven't told him that I don't like the name. I want to respect his mom and his feelings... I just don't really like the name. I feel horrible for saying that. :( I feel like I'm being disrespectful. Her name was Sharon. If anything I will make that babies middle name... but he won't settle for that being her middle name. :(
So I think we're going to go with that, so I can make him happy and respect his mom.

My DH laughs at me when I stress about my daughter's hair, she's not even here yet, and I want to know all I can. I didn't know about washing once a week, and using special brushes, etc. My best friend growing up was half black, and her mom didn't treat her hair accordingly, it was a mess. I will not have my daughter go through that, and my DH has shaved his head since I met him so I don't know what kind of hair he has, but he's telling me the consistancy of the hair in his family is the soft curls type, not the frizzy afro type, but I'm still going to educate myself regardless so my ignorance doesn't destroy her hair at a young age. I got a really bad perm at 12, and it psychologically damaged me until it grew out. The whole point is, I take stuff like that seriously because I want only the best for my daughter...I think sometimes we are afraid to ask these questions, but I feel there are no stupid questions, its better to know then not know. It just bothers me when my DH acts like I'm crazy when I bring up, "How should I raise my biracial daughter? How do I deal with this situation?" Am I stressing to much about it?

It's not crazy at all I'm a black lady having a mixed baby girl and still preparing myself.

My advice would be buy an afro comb,wash once a week,oil her scalp to avoid flaking and breakage , review hair products for afro or mixed hair there are products now for biracial hair, have you checked out the following websites www.blendedbeauty.com www.mixedchicks.net and the last is my fav www.curls.biz
If you have trouble go to an afro salon for advice, if they're good they'll know what to do.My hairdresser is excellent she knows how to treat all types of hair ,thank god.

I understand where you're coming from me,I'm educating myself about Norway as that's where the other half of her family is from.

Hi All,

We are calling our Son Vincent Ambrose. This is after his grand father and great great grandfather. I like traditional names

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->