Xxx~~~ Mum's that will have 2 under 2 (or there abouts) come join us ~~~xxX

I was much sicker this time around - so DH was convinced during 1st tri that it was a boy. Ummmm, not so much. :rofl:

We didn't tell ANYONE (not even family) until 13 weeks. Then we had all of our parents over and told them. For everyone else, we put Emma in a big sister shirt when they came to visit. I put a photo collage up on Facebook when we had told everyone who needed to be told in person. I like how we did it. :)

Attachments

• Big Sister with due date.jpg
    Big Sister with due date.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 8
elow girls just found out im preg with my 2nd, rach will be 2 a couple months after this 1's born can i still join? xx

elow girls just found out im preg with my 2nd, rach will be 2 a couple months after this 1's born can i still join? xx

Of course, just soooo nice to know there are lots of us in the sam boat.

Thanks for all your responses to telling parents, I might think up a better way now, TheNewWife, I loved seeing your fb and peoples responses so I may just copy :blush:

Don't know if my post just got missed or I'm smelly :shrug::blush::haha:

But Hi again :hi: to everyone, my LO is 9 months and I'm 9weeks :cloud9:

Zoe will be almost exactly 18 months old when this one was born. Two questions for you mums:
1. Do you get not so great remarks/responses when people find out you're pregnant AGAIN ALREADY?! Ours was planned, and I've actually only heard good things about kiddos being so close in age. Like one watches the older one potty train and wants to do it too, learns their letters with the sibling, etc.

2. Any ideas for a first birthday party? I want something small but fun and I'm at a blank :(

For the first, my mum knows and she was totally in shock (mind you, so were we when we discovered another little one was on the way). I don't know how the rest of the family is going to react. Worried about negative stuff tho.

As for a first birthday, we're inviting family over for a BBQ. Nothing extravagant. Mum (bless her) offered her place to hold it since our place is a little on the small side and can't fit many in the backyard.

elly75, my mom offered her place too LOL September could be hot or cold around here. Our 2 year wedding anniversary is October 4th and I wanted it outdoors, but did it indoors to be sure we wouldn't have to risk rain. And it POURED on our wedding day. So September 24th, who knows what the weather is going to be doing :( A BBQ does sound nice though :)

Don't know if my post just got missed or I'm smelly :shrug::blush::haha:

But Hi again :hi: to everyone, my LO is 9 months and I'm 9weeks :cloud9:

Sorry lovely just lost in my excitement at the moment, big worries and you are most welcome here. Massive :hi: :hugs: Theres me going on about me missed as well in the April thread. Bad Pippin :haha:

How you doing today?

For the first, my mum knows and she was totally in shock (mind you, so were we when we discovered another little one was on the way). I don't know how the rest of the family is going to react. Worried about negative stuff tho.

What did she say Hon? I'm so worried that is going to be in stark contrast to when we announced Sam, they were so over the moon, I just see us getting a lecture this time. Which is silly as I'm 31 with a good job that gives maternity leave and a house to put him/her in. :dohh: can't help but worry though.

Morning lovelies :flower:

I have told my mum and dad and was pretty disappointed with the reactions tbh - my dad said 'well you'll have to be in a better routine by then won't you' :dohh: ermmmm... and congrats?? :haha:

Well after me claiming to feel loads better this time - the dreaded pregnancy insomnia has struck, panicked as I'm back to work full time next week (with 7am starts) so cannot be sleepless:nope:

Hope everyone feeling some improvements today and those who were bushed yesterday got a good rest last night :hugs:

What did she say Hon? I'm so worried that is going to be in stark contrast to when we announced Sam, they were so over the moon, I just see us getting a lecture this time. Which is silly as I'm 31 with a good job that gives maternity leave and a house to put him/her in. :dohh: can't help but worry though.

She cried at first and hugged me. Overall, she says she's overjoyed to have another grandchild. Her next question was whether it was planned so soon. I told her 'No. We hoped to have waited till Christian was about 2 or 3.' Otherwise, she's been very supportive as always (again, bless her) and even found someone who has a double stroller they'd be willing to sell us and a carseat or two as well (another one for both of ours).

I'm sort of nervous about telling hubby's dad as I think he'll be negative. Hubby's thoughts? His family will be very happy they'll have another little one in the family.

Ladies, please keep fingers crossed for hubby and I today. We've got our scan at the hospital this morning (8:20 am ET) and I'm incredibly nervous. I have this stupid fear that they'll tell me this pregnancy is over. :sigh:

My mum was kind of 'bothered', which was EXACTLY the reaction I was looking for, so I was pleased. I let her tell my siblings a couple of weeks later after the scan, and they were all super excited, which was nice, but I find the over excitement of my in-laws very very tiresome. Sorry. I'm not just a vessel for producing their grandchildren you know. They had their chance at child rearing, and all I hear about is how it ruined MiL's career. Yawn.

Sorry, very very grumpy in early pregnancy and MS is making me mean and hungry (but unable to eat anything).

Oh! A question for you ladies. When do you plan telling your employer about your pregnancy?

Right now, I'm still on leave (mine was extended due to some union stuff at the workplace that occurred while I was off) and am a little concerned that soon enough I'll have to tell them I'll be gone again in about 6 months or so. :wacko:

My mum just said, 'Well, we knew it would be soon, all you talk about is babies!' Then shouted 'Graham! Kerri and Martin are having another baby!' to which my dad replied 'Oh, tell them we're moving away' Hahahaaa! Exactly the response i expected! And we don't speak to hubbys family so thats one less negative response to get! I had to tell my boss as i was so sick and he kindly announced it to the whold office (dick!) so i got quite a few 'Jeeze, 2 under 2 by the time you're 28?!' as though it's unheard of! If only i cared eh??? xxx

Pip holder I can see my Dad saying that! Also getting the insomnia too, taking ages to get to skip the Sam woke me at 5 this morning, I'm almost reaching for the matchsticks to keep my eyes open.

Elly75 how did it go hon? Super keen to know you are ok and that pip. :hugs: re telling work, I too have only just returned to work after Sam. I'm a teacher so did two weeks before Summer holidays and my head won't be pleased. She nice but hasn't got kids so doesn't understand. I'm thinking of telling her at 12 weeks so at least I'll have a few months work done by then. I'll have only worked 8 months in over two years by the end of this and we get fairly good maternity pay!

Aunty E I hear you on the grumpy stakes, poor dh went to get petrol with me tidy and I almost screamed at him as he was slightly too close to the pumps, I mean :say what: I'm a complete :witch: at the moment!

Armywife can't believe you boss said tat :shock: yep I agree he's a dick!!! Least mine has a bit more tacked even if she moans we cost her a lot. And what's wrong with 2 babies at the age of 28? Not like you're sixteen????

As for me, massive ms attack in supermarket, yuck! Travelling home from France Friday, just want to be home now!! X

Are you still in France Pip?! I thought you were home for some reason! Bet you're dreading the journey aren't you? Poor thing, big hugs to you! When is Sam's birthday? I bet you can't wait! Shame i spent Poppy's 1st birthday with my head down the loo eh?! I honestly feel so guilty thinking about it!

Crazy, i just saw your comment re more than one baby...Eeeeek! Imagine if i have 4 under 2!!! Just HOW?!xx

:hi:

hi girls

Alex will be two about two weeks after baby due but alex was 5 weeks early so might be a bigger gap if this one comes early

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->