• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Xxx~~~ Mum's that will have 2 under 2 (or there abouts) come join us ~~~xxX

My little girl us 1 in December and I'm due 30th march!(ish) my little girl was 3 months prem due to me having a dodgy ticker and when I saw the high risk obstetrician last week she said she thinks this baby will be more prem than Olivia!so I'm looking at having this baby when Olivia is about 12 months!x

My little one will be about 17 months ish when this little one arrives :) xx

hi ladies, can i join you? i know some of you already!

i just had my last son december 16, 2009 and will be due march 8, 2011. so about 14-15 mos apart. i also have a 11 year old, 10 year old, and a son that turned 3 in june.

im a lil nervous about them being so close, but my girls were 19 mos apart and it worked out great. they always played together and the older one potty trained the younger one. of course i have added more since they were little, so i know it wont be as easy, but i love babies! they are such a gift, i will take as many as is given to me!

Are you still in France Pip?! I thought you were home for some reason! Bet you're dreading the journey aren't you? Poor thing, big hugs to you! When is Sam's birthday? I bet you can't wait! Shame i spent Poppy's 1st birthday with my head down the loo eh?! I honestly feel so guilty thinking about it!

Yer still in France, coming back Friday 13 hour drive I'm just hoping ms doesn't really show her head otherwise I'll have to drive a lot of it. With Sam the car was the worst time but I was never actually sick.

Sorry you spent Poppy's birthday so ill, don't feel guilty HON, your growing her sister/s or brother/s :haha: and shell remember them much much more. Xxxx

:hi: to Pinksnowball, Olivias_mum, Natalie flynn and blessedmomma :hi: lovely to have you here.

Oh wow. Hi Pinksnowball, Olivias_Mum, Natalie Flynn and Blessedmomma and welcome! :wave:

As for the scan today, I got to see my little one :dance: and had a good heartbeat. After that, I was sent down to genetics for the rest of the test and got to speak to a genetics counsellor. Since I'll be 35 once this one's born, they had to go over the risks and percentages. I was upset by this but know they have to go through with the talk considering my age. In addition, due to my background and hubby's background, we were tested for some other genetic disorder although it didn't seem likely that either of us were carriers. So, got 4 vials drawn as well.

Need to go back in a few weeks for Part II of the test (another blood one).

Crazy, that was really rude of your employer! Whatever happened to having tact?!

Elly75 :yipee: :wohoo: that's fantastic. They only have to outline the risks I'm sure you'll be fine hon. May I ask why you need the genetics test or is it just standard stuff.

ooh can i join you!

Ive got a son whos 3 in october and had my youngest was born Oct 2009 so he'll be 17months when this baby is born..

Im a very scared single mummy but still soo excited :D:D

xx

Well, up here in Canada, they tend to set a line I guess as to when things get more risky when having children. The line appears to be 35 as the chances of having a child with Downs is about 1 in 350 and the chance of the child having any other genetic disorder is at 1 in 180. So, as a result, my family Doc booked me in to be checked. If she didn't do that, I'm sure my OB would have done the same thing.

Hey and welcome, Anababe! :wave:

ooh can i join you!

Ive got a son whos 3 in october and had my youngest was born Oct 2009 so he'll be 17months when this baby is born..

Im a very scared single mummy but still soo excited :D:D

xx

:hi: good to see you and welcome.

I feel normal today, I know that can be normal, but it feels odd if you know what I mean. Can't shake the feeling all isn't well but I think it's just because I'm not home and not prepared, not able to take my vitamins etc because I'm waiting to get home first. At 4 weeks I shouldn't feel anything but still I feel weird, 10 minutes of ms might make me feel better :dohh: mind you had bad attack in the supermarket yesterday so must remember that. Also worrying about work :dohh: Anyway rant over, think I'm just still in a bit of shock/denial!

My goodness you're all a chatty bunch! :rofl:

I had much more MS this time, but I'm not sure if it was because a) I had no time to rest with a little one or b) it was actually worse. LOL. Hubby thinks it was worse for sure but perhaps that's because he got to witness more of the "damage." ;)

elly75 - which part of Canada are you in? I'm in BC. :wave:

Pippin - good luck with the long drive. I don't mind road trips but with Emma, it's trickier. She's generally pretty good but I feel badly leaving her for so long in the car seat, especially when she doesn't understand the reason and the fun outcome.

Good night to everyone else! I just got back from a Cirque du Soleil show and am exhausted. The baby seemed to really like it - she got super active when the music started! :cloud9:

Thanks TheNewWife, the drive isn't so bad if we take it in turns but I do feel sorry for Sam. This is our family holiday home so we do it regularly so it's not so bad as of we don't know where we are going. I want to come back next year with the new one but he/she will only be 4 months maybe a bit to young. :shrug:

I kknow it's really early but i am a little pram obsessed soo...Has anyone considered which double buggy they are getting? I have the Quinny Buzz 3 for Poppy and i want something similar in a double for when new baby gets here but can't find anything...Any ideas? x

We already have a Phil & Teds Sport with the doubles kit. We knew we'd have 2 little ones fairly quickly so figured we may as well go for the double buggy straight off the top. :)

Awww, Pip don't worry sweetie, it will all be fine! If i were you i'd just be thankful for the break! :hugs: xxx

It's not too early at all! I've been thinking about prams a fair bit actually. I really like the Joovy caboose, but that's not going to be any use until newbaby is six months old, so I might hold it in reserve for now.

Right. I just typed an enormous post, with links and BnB ate it. FFS.

Anyway, I'm dithering was the essential thrust of it.

HI everyone who has joined since I comment... 5 pages ago! Had loads to catch up on!!

How are we all feelign today? My MS is subsiding a little now and I'm feeling more normal but i'm going to try and put it down to the fact that Im getting further along rather than being a worry-wart! Hehe

I kknow it's really early but i am a little pram obsessed soo...Has anyone considered which double buggy they are getting? I have the Quinny Buzz 3 for Poppy and i want something similar in a double for when new baby gets here but can't find anything...Any ideas? x

Armywife I have looked a lot into this and I can't find a single thing that seems suitable :wacko: I had the Quinny Buzz for Sam until a couple of weeks ago and really didn't like it!!

Was on the bus yesterday and a lady came on with a tandem (one seat infront of the other) and it seemed so long and awkward to manouvre. Trouble is the side by side ones don't really appeal either as they would be anightmare round shops I'm sure! Plus I don't wnt the baby to be facing away from me... I've coem to the conclusion there isnt a simple answer to this to any suggestions will be greatly received!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->