Yay AF is finally here! Should I try this cycle?

~LunarMagick~

2yo son TTC#2 after loss
Reaction score
Last night I started my first AF since our loss in early March, and I'm so excited! I guess this means my body is normalizing itself FINALLY. It's such a relief. Do you guys think I should go ahead and try this cycle? My doctor is currently monitoring a cyst that was found on my right ovary, but it doesn't seem to be bothering me at all...no pain or anything. I go back March 21 to have an ultrasound to see if it's grown. I can't help but think how awesome it would be to go for an ultrasound and find a 4 week pregnancy! I'm trying to be optimistic, though I doubt it would happen so fast. It took over a year of trying with my son, but this last time, we fell pregnant on accident. What do you all think? Should I go ahead and try or wait another month? AF seems pretty normal with all the normal cramping, moodiness, etc. It's just got a few more clots than usual, but nothing big. If I did by chance get pregnant this cycle, do you think I would run the risk or miscarrying again?
Sorry for the book. I would just love insight of women that have actually gone through a similar situation. I am finally getting over the grieving of my lost pregnancy, and now I am REALLY looking forward to another. Thanks you guys! I hope we all get our BFP soon! Lots of *sticky* baby dust to us all!!
*I also forgot to mention, AF arrived exactly 28 days after my hcg levels reached less than 5...which is odd, because I normally have about a 30 day cycle =]

just wanted to say im soooo pleased u finaly got af.
if your ready to try why not go see your gp in next few day's and ask if th cyst wil be a problem if you are to get pregnant if not your safe to go.

With welshdee on this - although prob would give it a bash if twas me - you've got a couple of weeks to make your mind up and get gp advice :)

hx

I got my first af 4 days ago and im going for it this month, but i would just ask your dr if they are ok with it, just to be sure petal

wooOOooo at afs arriving....it felt ace getting mine too!

Thanks everyone for the spectacular advice! Congrats, NatoPMT on getting yours too! Woot! I hope you get that BFP this cycle!
I developed PID because of the miscarriage, so I'm kind of afraid that it has affected me in a way that will make it harder to get pregnant. I really hope that isn't the case, but just in case I'm wanting to try asap. My doctor said to wait 2 normal cycles before trying again, but I've heard of many docs saying it's okay to try right away. I don't wanna go against my doc's advice, I'm just worried it's gonna take awhile, and I heard you're more fertile after a miscarriage. Do you all know if there's any truth to that?

I got my first af 3 days and am trying this cycle also =D Ive read that you are really really fertile after a MC so thats what im hoping for we have been trying for 9 years with one mc and one chemical so hoping we get luck this year!! I would defintly ask your gp if youll be okay with the cysts bodies are so weird you never know whats going to interfere with implantation =D

Good luck, Ruskiegirl! I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope you get a little sticky bean this cycle! I think I might just see what happens this cycle. I won't be preventing it, but I won't be obsessing over OPKs and that sort of thing. I say that now, but we'll see how things play out lol. I'm just gonna try to stay positive and whatever happens, happens. I don't think I'll actively start trying until after my doc appointment next month. Thanks for all the advice. =]

The extra fertility lasts for 'up to 6 months' so waiting the requested 2 cycles shouldnt mean you miss out, i would ask your dr why exactly they want you to wait 2 cycles, if the reasons is physical then you might have to listen, sometimes they want you to recover emotionally which i think can be ignored. You need to know why before you decide to not to listen though

we started trying again straight away, some drs do give you a time limit but really its all old fasioned rubbish, i did alot of reading on the net after my miscarriage last feb and the dr at the hospital when i had my ERPC said its up to me when i want to start trying, so go for it. the way i saw it was an eggs gonna be relased and i'm not gonna waste it! finally got my BFP on the 3rd month and got my baby girl in my arms now.

Nato, it's good to know the fertility lasts for a bit. That makes me feel much better. I do think it was more of an emotional thing, but I may wait to actively try when next cycle rolls around since I've got 6 months to play with...just in case.
Ljo, that's awesome that you got pregnant so soon and have a little girl as a result! That gives me so much hope. I've just been so paranoid I won't be able to get pregnant again!
I might wait for next cycle, I'm just so impatient! I would hate to get pregnant right away though and miscarry that one as well. I would never be able to forgive myself.

Hi Lunar, how are ya today, enjoying your cramps? I was, i was all proud of them... i have gone weird.

i also wanted to say that (although i dont know this for a fact) but i thought PID only contributed to infertility if it was left untreated for a long time. I assume yours wasnt as you have been treated? If so, i wouldnt worry about that - in fact im right, i just googled it and read PID leads to infertility, but a) only in 15% of cases and b) only if left untreated.

You will be fine petal, dont worry about crappy PID.

I would hate to get pregnant right away though and miscarry that one as well. I would never be able to forgive myself.

yes, thats what i was worried about too. My first period was normal, heavy for 2 days then tailed off.

by my reckoning (which is only in my head, i might add) that if my lining was too thin, the period would have been much lighter. If my period was very light, i think id have decided to wait another month as i do think there might be something in this higher risk of mc if the lining doesnt build up enough.

I took low dose aspirin for the 3 weeks between spotting stopping and my first af and i think it mightve helped build it up again, as i had an ERPC and was expecting the period to be lighter than normal.

YAY! Congrats on your AF!!

But I would honestly go for it! As long is everything with the cyst is all squared away and fine, and it wouldn't damper anything by getting prego again, go right ahead. :)

I know I'm sure itching to try again but I still havent got my AF after D&C. :(

Good luck!! :hugs:

Hi Lunar, how are ya today, enjoying your cramps? I was, i was all proud of them... i have gone weird.

i also wanted to say that (although i dont know this for a fact) but i thought PID only contributed to infertility if it was left untreated for a long time. I assume yours wasnt as you have been treated? If so, i wouldnt worry about that - in fact im right, i just googled it and read PID leads to infertility, but a) only in 15% of cases and b) only if left untreated.

You will be fine petal, dont worry about crappy PID.

Yeah, I just get paranoid lol. I mean, I couldn't have had it for more than 2-4 weeks, so I'm probably okay.
LOL...I was just saying to my husband, "Ooh, I'm so crampy...this is AWESOME!" So, I guess you're not the only weird one. =] Mine has been fairly heavy too, but it's starting to lighten up a bit. I'm hoping I quit spotting after this dang period! I can totally see your logic about the lining thing. That kinda does make me feel better about AF being a lot heavier than I'm used to. AF usually lasts about 6-7 days for me, so I hope it isn't any longer than normal!

But I would honestly go for it! As long is everything with the cyst is all squared away and fine, and it wouldn't damper anything by getting prego again, go right ahead. :)

Thank you! Waiting for your first AF after miscarriage is awful! It will come though, and it's such a relief when it does! I hate waiting lol.

glad youre feeling good about it, and glad youve gone weird too so its not just me.

my first af was normally heavy for first 2 days, then finished a lot lighter and a day or so sooner than normal, i just didnt want a really light, barely there situation on my hands

if yours is shorter too, i think the first couple of days being heavy means we're ok.

Thank you! Waiting for your first AF after miscarriage is awful! It will come though, and it's such a relief when it does! I hate waiting lol.

Your welcome! And i have good news...
I got my AF today!!!

:wohoo: this is so me right now haha :ninja:

Yeah, mine was pretty heavy for about 3 days, and now it's lightened up a little. So, that makes me feel better about it.
Develange, you must be thrilled! I'm happy that you finally got yours. I know the wait is just torture!
May we all be blessed with beautiful, healthy babies soon! Good luck you guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->