yay im back:D

lewood88

Mom of 2 expecting #3
Reaction score
hello girls ive been away for a while due to moving house and not having the internet for abit lol hope you are all well...... well from my previous note quite awhile a go..... i went and had my scan and fount out i have ovarian cycsts which is abit of a kick in te teeth..... ive been to see a consultant and am due to have anothe scan in the next month ive had to have a smear test and he is concerned that it may be cancerous as there is alot of cancer in my family, im kinda hope that the cycst hasnt grown as there is a big chance i might loose my right ovary :cry:..... me and my partner want to start trying in the next year and was hope i could get a little advice to try and overcome this situation.

thanks for listening

xxx

Hey lewood,

I had a pretty large cyst that flared up last November. Dr was going to remove ovary and fallopian tube, but let me try diet first. Have gone off most animal protein (eggs occasionally, and fish several times a week). No more processed sugars or flours (white bread, cookies, all the good stuff). Most starches are also off (ie no more rice or french fries:cry::cry::cry:). Lots of green leafy and bright colored veggies. Fruit always. Get most protein from vegetables and nuts. Took quite a while to get used to, but once in the habit- not so bad. I do all whole fat dairy once a day (cheese, ice cream, whole milk). Supplement all w/ vitamins (prenatal, E, B complex (1/2 100mg)). Cysts is 1/3 size it used to be and dr says no scarring or ill effect that will affect fertility. Was doing really well until this past month when I went way off diet. Can feel a difference in girlie bits. Oh, well. This will teach me to ALWAYS watch what I eat. Good luck to you.

no way see im quiet a bigish girl could it be harder for me to conceive if im big do you think i should go on a diet ??

Weight can affect fertility. Check w/ your doctor as to what your BMI should be. The healthier we are, the better prepared our bodies are to conceive then carry those wonderful gifts. There has been a bunch of research recently as to how animal protein can decrease fertility (this one is hard for me cuz I'm quite the steak girl!!) and how whole fat dairy can increase fertility. Really interesting stuff. I wouldn't say go on a diet, maybe just exchange some foods for others. Good luck and tons of :dust::dust::dust: to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->