yay!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Al4321, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Al4321

Al4321 Well-Known Member

had our bfp yesterday :) the test showed 1-2 weeks, period was over 4 weeks ago, on the 21st of march, which makes me 4 weeks and 5 days!! only thing is i phoned up the doctor to tell them i found out i was pregnant and need an appointment and they have booked me straight in for antenetal next week. I thought the doctor would want to see me himself first for a confirmed blood test? weird :S

2. Kirstin

Kirstin Well-Known Member

Congrats, where are you from? Different countries have different procedures xx

3. Al4321

Al4321 Well-Known Member

also im having on and off cramps like i did monday which i believe was implantation, but should i still be having them on and off? sorry just so excited!

4. Al4321

Al4321 Well-Known Member

Im in the uk?

5. Kirstin

Yes, I still have them occassionally, from what I have read they are normal.

6. Al4321

Al4321 Well-Known Member

oh ok thats good, are you from the uk? is a straight in antenetal class normal?

7. Noodles

Noodles Mummy to two boys!

Congrats hunny!

I'm from the UK and I have to wait about 6 weeks for a midwife appointment. I've been having cramps for the past few days as well, it's normal it's just your uterus growing

8. Kirstin

I'm from England and I rang up and was told it was doctors first then they refer you to a midwife.

9. shaunanicole

shaunanicole Guest

Congrats sweety! Hopefully once your farther along you can post some scan pics so we can all see your little bean. :)

10. JayDee

JayDee Sunshine and rainbow

I went to the doctors and all they did was refer me to a midwife, didn't even make me poas! Was a bit of a waste of time, would much rather they had just referred me to midwife, but I guess it's different in different parts of the country.

Congratulations!

11. jessica rabbi

jessica rabbi Well-Known Member

i dint even see a doctor i had a appoint ment for the midwife to come to my home and go through things with me then i had mt letter for my scan etc x

12. ninab

ninab Mum to Luke and Alice

Congratulations honey. I went to the doctors and he was pretty useless and patronising (didnt even know i had been ttc for the last 18 months even thought I had been to him numerous times for tests grrrrr!) anyhow.... I am booked in for my first antenatal at 8 weeks.

It says on NHS website that it is normal to have your first antenatal apt betweek 8 and 10 weeks.

I get on and off cramps too, aparently they are a good sign as it means everything is growing and progressing as it should x

13. Megz143

Megz143 Well-Known Member

14. Al4321

Al4321 Well-Known Member

Well they've booked me in for the antenetal class for monday, i will only be 5 weeks and 2 days then so i feel a bit silly! nevertheless its very exciting! I also think I have a cyst on my ovary which I had with first pregnancy few years ago so Im wondering if they will send me for early scan? maybe? Can't wait to see our little one :D:D:D:D

15. TinkerJess

TinkerJess Well-Known Member

Same here, i went to the docs friday (i'm 6 weeks) and they have referred me to a midwife although i have to ring them for an appointment when i am 8 weeks. It does vary, my cousin had a scan before she saw a midwife.

16. Al4321

Al4321 Well-Known Member

yeah i suppose, so what happens at the first antenatel appointment? anyone know? its exciting, we're all around the same mark of pregnancy those of you who have posted back in here :)