YAY!!

kmbabycrazy

Reaction score
So I have been lurking here for a while just dreaming away, we have been saving towards a wedding for a few months now and I thought it would be the end of the year/beginning of next year when we got engaged.

Well, IT HAPPENED TONIGHT!!

I am picking the ring and he's asked that we not announce it until the ring is on my finger lol. So if I have any of you on FB please keep it quite. But I'm too excited not to share. I'm so happy.

It was a complete surprise. We went out for a meal. He went there with his brother and mum for his mum's birthday in November and loved it and he got back, told me how delicious it was and said when his redundancy money came through he would take me. It just came through so we went. That is the most I thought of it. But apparently it has been planned since then. I am so happy I have laughed, cried, jumped up and down.

I have the wedding practically planned and I'm so excited to get started. First off is finding my ring though so I can tell people haha.

Yay congratulations! Planning a wedding is so much fun (after all the stresses!) xxx :hugs:

Yeyy! Congrats! Reminds me a bit of Lauren's ring! Have fun planning, and don't let anyone else butt in on your plans ;) xx

Yeyy! Congrats! Reminds me a bit of Lauren's ring! Have fun planning, and don't let anyone else butt in on your plans ;) xx

I'm already dreading MIL's in put lol. She has already been telling me I HAVE to have his sister as a bridesmaid and who I have to invite. And this is before we even got engaged.

I woke up this morning and it took me a minute to remember and it was like it was happening all over again.

It's funny because he proposed when we got home (i've always said I didn't want a public proposal) but we went to his mum's on the way home to pick something up for DS. She thought we had an announcement to make haha and OH was like shut up and his mum was upset because she'd got her hopes up that we had gotten engaged and then he did it when we got home. So the fact that he'd objected to the idea at his mum's threw me more off track so it was a complete surprise!!

Congrats! Enjoy wedding planning and don't let anyone tell you what to do! :flower:

I had that "you have to do this" my wedding was planned for 23rd August 2013 but his sister in law and his mum got on their high horse of you have to do this and oh no you can't do that. So we told everyone to bugger off, booked the registry office with a few friends and we get married in 12 days.

Good luck!

Do what you want to do not what everyone else wants you to do, its YOUR day not theirs :)

Nice ring too!

Congratulations!!

Set the ground rules early on. In my experience if you let anyone think their opinion matters than they'll force it upon you the entire time :lol:

Thank you. And I definitely won't be letting anyone tell me what to do. She tried when we were having DD, what I could name her, that it HAD to be a girl. So I've already learnt to tell her to piss off, that is about us NOT her!

Thanks. Told one member of OH's family and already pissed off.

Apparently according to his dad we're not really engaged until I have the ring. Apparently it's completely irrelevant that he proposed and that the ring is made to order and therefore will take weeks. But we'll go out for a meal when we're "properly engaged". GRRR!!!

IMO as soon as he asks and you accept you're engaged! Ignore him and don't let him spoil this for you :hugs:

Well that's what I think too. OH said "we got engaged" and his dad said "well you didn't, you asked her to marry you and she said yes" and I was like "erm, that's called getting engaged" lol.

I'm not going to let it spoil this as I'm going to see my sisters and then my best friends later and they will all be so thrilled so I will have lots of people who are actually as excited as I am x

don't let idiots spoil it for you, I got engaged about a month before christmas though I didn't get my ring until christmas day :hugs:

Aww big congratulations, lovely ring! Don't let anyone ruin the engagement bliss for you!

Congratulations hun! That ring is stunning! I agree with the other ladies, screw his family, he asked, you said yes, so you're engaged! Enjoy celebrating :)

Aww congratulations, the ring is lovely!
Just ignore them, there will always be someone to put a downer on things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->