Yep 3 years

manduh726

She calls me momma
Reaction score
In Jan it was three years for my hubby and I on trying for our first. I just want to give up. I was diagnosed with PCOS years ago and have very irregular periods. In all the time I have been testing ovulation I don't think I ever got a real positive. I just hate everything about this.

Now with a cousin and sister in law pregnant its even harder. :cry: I act like I am excited but deep down I don't want to hear about there pregnancy or baby issues. I know how selfish of me but I am getting to the point where I really don't care.

Oh and the dreams I have where I am a mother and I am so happy and I wake up only too find it was a dream...:nope:

I'm so sorry hun. We're all here for you. 4 years for DH and I this coming July. :hugs:

Thanks. Even this site can get a little difficult to be on.

Totally. a month or two ago I became a "sign in, read, leave" and not actually bother interacting because it was becoming that heavy.

I'm sorry. :hugs: I'm not at the 3 year mark but I get how you feel. Hang in there, and hopefully tomorrow is a brighter day.

DH and I are at the 2 and a half year mark also so I know how you feel, somedays I wake up and feel like it will never happen. Are you having any medical help? :)

Hi Manduh!
I have just hit the 15month mark (nothing compared to you i know) but I also have PCOS. I was diagnosed when i was 21, I am 28 now and I am panicking a bit about conceiving our first. It can be tough some days, especially when your on here and someone who you have been chatting to announces they are pregnant. Or a close friend announces she is pregnant. You cant give up though you have to hang in there. If this is really your dream, you have to trust that it will happen. I have those dreams to, and I try so hard to hang onto them when I wake up. It's all we can do :)

We're at the 3.5 yrs and it gets wearying some times. Keep your head up and keep trying.

So sorry you have reached ttc this long. Its hard sometimes. :hug:

I get how you feel. My hubby and I are at 2.5 years. I have PCOS and he has low sperm count. Then, today I found out my SIL is pregnant with number 5. I feel terrible that I don't really card, but can't help it right now. At least, I thankfully have been able to get off my metformin and my insulin is the lowest ever with diet and exercise.

I get how you feel. My hubby and I are at 2.5 years. I have PCOS and he has low sperm count. Then, today I found out my SIL is pregnant with number 5. I feel terrible that I don't really card, but can't help it right now. At least, I thankfully have been able to get off my metformin and my insulin is the lowest ever with diet and exercise.

Congratulations on your successes!

I know how you feel, 3.5 years TTC, 2 failed IVFs and getting ready for the next IVF. I've got mild PCOS and DH has very low everything.

TTC is exhausting, we've tried everything, as DH's sperm analysis comes back lower each time gone from 26m to 1.7m, we've stopped trying and putting everything into IVF now. This is our last free NHS cycle, I think paying will be difficult. I feel a bit of relief now we've decided to stop trying it was getting too clinical and organised! tmi.

How I feel about everyone around getting pregnant around me varies from day to day, I try to keep in mind they are on a different path to me, and remember all the things about why my life is better than theirs (better husband, job, house, cat - anything!). It helps both DH and I are only children and alot of my friends had their children 10 years ago or haven't got children. If I had siblings & friends getting pregnant all the time that would be awful. All my close friends know so that is a help.

:kiss::kiss::kiss:

Im so sorry that you are all going through this.
I also have PCOS and it took me 5 years to fall pregnant. It is a very long hard journey and very very emotional. I live in a small town approx 1200 people and while we were TTC almost every fertility aged woman was pregnant except me. As well as my aunt who was pregnant with her 4th but didnt bother to look after her previous 3.

I never O on my own, Clomid 100mgs helped me. Goodluck to you and I really hope your journey has it happy ending very soon.

It will be 4 years for DH and I in May. I am over the ttc already (not really but thats how I feel already) I hate hearing preggo news. I too have become a sign in, look and leave person if even that much. But I can never seem to really escape all things pregnancy related. I too have PCOS, and do not ovulate even while using metformin. Hope things look up soon. Baby dust. Best of Luck.

Wow I am so touched by all the responses! I should have logged back in sooner! Thank you all for the support.

I think right now my hubby and I are going to focus on our marriage and getting the house we have feel in love with. Not to say were not baby dancing and I think about it every time we do but I am not actively doing anything to get pregnant. The one thing about this journey that is so hard is I never really wanted kids until I was married and I always said if I did I would want one before I was 30. Well in July I am turning 29. I am trying to be positive but I can feel the hope slowly fading.

Thanks again for all the replies and support!

Thanks. Even this site can get a little difficult to be on.

I totally agree. Because you cannot help but see all of the BFP's or things like that. I feel like I cannot really vent because I know some of the people on here would probably get mad at me for saying what I truly feel. For example, those that have been trying for only a couple of months and they are so upset that they are not pregnant.... then you have people like you and me that have been trying for years. It just gets to me I guess.

I hold back from posting on those post of people barely trying and bam pregnant. Even life the people who seem like they can go to bed fine and wake up pregnant. Its hard.

I hold back from posting on those post of people barely trying and bam pregnant. Even life the people who seem like they can go to bed fine and wake up pregnant. Its hard.

Or all they have to do is touch their husbands or boyfriends and bam pregnant. It is hard. It just keeps me asking why not me? I have done everything right and I am still not pregnant. :cry:

5 years here, few failed iui's, one cancelled ivf due to large number of follies (around 50 ), and I am not even 30.
To be honest the whole " stop thinking and you get pregnant" did work for me. We were trying naturally but then we scheduled ourfirst iui and I stopped thinking about it. I was waiting for my af so I can start iui and I took a test and it was positive. I remember thinking around the time of ovulation that I wont be doing the opks that month because of the iui plus it won't happen anyway and it did. I lost it in the end. Since then I cant relax.
I still hope it will happen but as you I can't bare to look at pregnant people , especially my friends. I even stopped talking to them as it upsets me and I don't care what they think, because none of them have any idea what I'm going through.
Baby dust to all

Hello everyone.. I am here reading all the post and I can relate to almost all of them. We have been trying actively for over 3 years. All of my friends that had fertility issues are pregnant already... I feel really happy for them but it is hard no to get jealous...
I know they deserve it, but don´t I deserve it as well?

I have tubal issues so I have the feeling I won´t get pregnant naturally. I am on fermara though.

manduh726: I understand exactly how you feel, I have been there... all the phases... there is nothing we can do except maybe keep up our hopes... and try to be sane... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->