Yikes, I did a lot of bad stuff before my BFP!

Wugz22

Reaction score
Anyone else have any confessions to make me feel better? Yesterday (got my BFP today), I was at a wedding shower where I had a bloody mary and a mimosa, and a lunch meat sandwich. Followed by 2 cups of coffee because I had a killer migraine, and then to top it all off, my hubby took me out for a big sushi dinner:dohh::dohh::dohh: It took us sooooooo many cycles to conceive our first, I thought for sure I had a few more months of BFNs before I'd start getting my hopes up!

I'm 10 DPO, hopefully LO is safe and sound in there!

ooo... i hope everything turns out alright~

sounds like alot but as long as it doesnt happen again the chances of a bad thing happening should decline

I had shots of vodka the week I was due for af with DS1, and I social smoked cigs the week before that. Had a feeling I was possibly pregnant but still did it.

This time, I smoked up to about a few days after BFP with DS2. Had no idea there was a possibility of pregnancy.

Both are healthy, and happy.

It's fine!! 2 cups of coffee is the recommended amount. Sushi is no big deal and either is deli meat. Alcohol wouldn't have gone to baby yet as there's no placenta at the moment. You're all good :)

I think you'll be just fine. I'm 9.5 weeks, I've had a perfect early scan and I had some wine and bad foods prior to my bfp.

That doesn't sound too bad. And as it's a one off too now you have a bfp I don't think you have anything to worry about. There are people out there who don't find out they are pregnant for months and months. Imagine all the wrong foods and alcohol they must eat and drink and they have healthy babies.

Both babies I had erm, been drinking and smoking. It was both two occasions (one being xmas and i gave up TTC at that point :dohh:)

If its any reassurance, my mum drank right up til about 30 weeks, simply because she didnt know she was pregnant :shock: We thought it was beer belly :rofl:

Defo not saying thats okay but at least it might be a lil reassuring!

I got so drunk about 2 weeks ago ugh ... I don't go out often as I have a two year old . Went out with the girls and 2 much wine was consumed I was so sick . Kinda glad I have to give it up for 9 months hah

I didnt find out till 19 weeks. I wad still taking the pill, i went out drinking every weekend it wasnt a light drink either, i went to 5 theme parks one ride being biggest one in uk and i fell down the stairs.

Dont feel to bad, i doubt it will have done any harm

Dont worry about it :)

With DS1 I was in my final month of uni and was living it up as usual before I found out (it was a surprise lol).

I also drank 2 bottles of wine the day before my recent BFP oops.

I'm not concerned though as I know 2 people who did not even know they were pregnant until they went into labour and their children turned out just fine, even though they drank A LOT all the way through their pregnancies x

The week before I found out I was pregnant, was hubby's birthday, and we were going to have a few drinks (it was his 21st), and I decided to take a test 1st to make sure well it came up negative. So I had a few and got a little buzzed, and then just the next week I found out I was pregnant when I did that. DS is now a happy healthy 1 year old, I think as long as it doesn't happen again, you should be fine. I know plenty of people who did way worse before they knew they were pregnant.

Yes! I had 2 mad Saturday nights out in a row which resulted in regretful hangovers the morning after. First night was with my 2 SIL's and the second night was a wedding and town afterwards. Tequilas, Sambucas, Cider, Jagerbombs, Vodka redbulls, spritzers and plenty of cups of tea. And it was all unknown to me. I'm guessing I had around 30 units from the wedding.

With DD I had a couple of alcopops to celebrate my birthday when I was around 8-9 weeks pregnant.

I was so sure I was out the month I conceived. We got pregnant via IUI, my husband's sperm count was so low and I had a terrible cold/cough. We had a stressful month so I just didn't think my body was prepared for it, even though I was so good with my injections and monitoring, etc. Have been off cigs since TTC but cheated with two or three a week. I am a light smoker and like I mentioned, had a stressful month, so about 8 dpo-13dpo I had a cig every night before bed. Soon as I saw that BFP (about 14dpo) I stopped smoking. I was so scared but kept reminding myself I didn't KNOW I was pregnant. AHHH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->