Yippee!!! We're going for it ...

maz

TTC #1 since Oct 2004
Reaction score
Yippee!!

We finally decided today that we are definitely going private for our treatment.

This decision came about after I made a phone call to the hospital that would be carrying out our NHS IVF treatment. We were going to pay for an unfunded slot which would cost around £3000 however the waiting list is 7 - 8 months. The NHS list is approx 13 months. So we decided that we are fed up waiting and feel that the extra £1500 is worth it to be 6 months further on. Plus, the private clinic does the AMH test to take the guess work out of the strength of drugs that I'll be taking.

I'm so excited. So, I'm booked in with my GP next Friday to get him to sign the referral form and do some final blood tests, then it's off to the clinic to make our appointment for our initial consultation which will probably be around the end of September. We have our holiday beforehand which will put things back a couple of weeks - but what's a couple of weeks out of almost 4 years?

I'm soooo happy. Yippee!!!!:happydance::happydance:

That's great! Have you asked about staying on the NHS list at the same time? We were able to (although we are yet to reach the top of the list! :shock:)

:happydance: Really happy for u huni hoping u get ur :bfp:

xxxx

That's great news Maz, all the best to you and hope you get your BFP!

That's great! Have you asked about staying on the NHS list at the same time? We were able to (although we are yet to reach the top of the list! :shock:)

We are going to stay on the NHS list too. We are on the hospital 'private' list which will take about 8 months for us to reach the top of, and we are also on the NHS list which is currently about 12 months. We are going to go to a proper private clinic in the meantime and hopefully not have to worry about our other waiting lists.

I'm so excited...

xx

All the best Hun - wishing you all the luck in the world for that long awaited :bfp:
:hug::hug::hug:

Maz xxx

Just wanted to wish to all the best - it always feels beter when you have made a big decision. Here's hoping the next few months fly by for you

Oh Maz,

That's great news!
We've been talking about our options as we don't know if the pct are going to agree to fund our treatment or not.
I'm going to a fertility clinic open evening to try and find out some more information.

Good luck with your appointments.

Anna x

***Update***

I'm getting my bloods done on monday - I decided to phone the doctor's and see if I had to see my GP first or if I could just go to the treatment room. So, I am bypassing my doctor and dropping my referral form in tomorrow with a letter stating everything I need him to do for me. Then hopefully it'll be ready to collect on Monday when I get my bloods done.

I would ideally like to get my first appointment at the clinic and have my AMH test done before we go on holiday - at least that puts us a month further on. Hopefully it'll work out like that anyway.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->