Yolk sac, no fetal pole - advice please

I had this too.. a little yolk sac.. they told me it was either an ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage .. I refused to believe the doctor a few weeks later I was booked in to have a vaginal scan a little dot appeared with a flicker heart beat .. I'm now 26 weeks & 5 days pregnant with a healthy baby girl .. Don't give up, trust your instincts ..X

https://img.thebabycountdown.com/ticker/91x615dxhm3.png
https://lmtf.lilypie.com/iKfv.png​

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS ... sorry for the caps but was just so happy to read this. I think we need to stand up more to our doctors. Many of us, fearing the unknown, will simply accept their first diagnosis. I was told I might have had a chemical pregnancy. Then, at 7w6d, they told me I didn't have a viable pregnancy when my bean showed 5w6d, they even suggested a d&c. Hell no. I'm fighting for this kid every step of the way .... Who else I going to?

I was told at 6+6 I was having a mc (scan showed sac+yolk but no fetal pole)... 2 weeks later I was still getting positives so they book me for a D&C. Went in, they did a quick scan beforehand and there was a wriggling little baby in there measuring 8+6 :shock:. Always make sure they check.

Just wait and see, its very possible the pole could be very tiny, and hiding at the edge of the sac. They can be really tricky to see. Give it time and see what happens at the next scan..dont rush into anything, but prepare yourself for it being bad news, so its not so much of a shock xxxxxxxxx

I am so sorry for your loss, I too have lost 3 times. As for trusting your instincts, I fell pregnant for 4th time I was admitted straight away and scanned huge HCG level and no babe. They wanted to do a emergency D&C and Laproscopy, I said no. Long story short my little babe turned up a week later a few hours away from a D&C. I now have the most beautiful baby boy who is my angel. Trust your instincts, keep positive, you can do it x

I actually have posted my miracle story on the misdiagnosedmiscarriage website. US at 5w6d showed no fetal pole, or HB. Went back a week later, didnt even look at the screen, as I was sure that I had had a MC, and baby looked huge, healthy, and had a great HB!!

Having suffered 5 losses, I know that is not the norm, but please, please do not let your Dr. do anything without a followup ultrasound. Even a few days make a huge differance!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->