You ALL give me strength!!! IVF this summer!!!

I keep some biscuits by my bed - awake up during the night feeling sick sometimes! X

I feel sick during the night too!! Roll on 12 weeks! :)

It really isn't fun is it?! I've had pretty bad bloating/burping issues too! X

How u feeling today? I've got my booking appointment with the midwife tomorrow. Starting to feel a bit excited! X

Ive been the same today - keep getting waves of nausea that make me feel like death! The only thing that helps is eating!

That's exciting. Will you get your next scan date tomo too? I called to book my midwife appt today but the hospital didn't call back - they say they'll call you within 4 hrs. They only take calls between 8.30 and 12.00 so will need to try again tomo morning x

Think they will refer me for a scan but not sure how long that will take. Hopefully it'll be quicker as its twins?!

Eating def helps with the nausea but I'm worried about piling on the pounds too soon! Xx

Had my midwife appointment today. Thought I would be excited but I had to fight back tears coz it took me back to my first pregnancy and I kept remembering how excited I was at that time. It was quite a long boring appointment really. Got my nuchal translucency scan booked for feb 26th and meeting a consultant on 27th feb. Hope the babies are safe in there!

How u doing jack?

Greta if u r reading I hope ure cycle is going well x

Aww its only natural u'll be feeling a bit anxious. Just keep trying to say positive. It will all be fine this time round :)

Whats a nuchal translucency scan? Sounds posh!

Ive had another awful day. been feeling nauseous all day. Its only starting to let up now.

Thinking of u greta xx

Nuchal translucency scan is where they measure the folds on the baby's neck - it's a Down's syndrome screening scan. Coz of ivf I don't get a dating scan since our dates are so accurate so this is the next scan they do in the first trimester.

I'm having bouts of nausea and crazy hunger pangs! Have eaten SO much today! Just had dinner and I'm hungry again!! Xx

We are in Northern Ireland for a wedding and while it is really nice being away its getting hard hiding the prgnancy what with injections and pills and my growing bump and constant need to pee - we are sharing a cottage with friends!

Your scan must be coming up? X

Congratulations ladies on the BFPs!! Its amazing to read brilliant news on this thread. Sorry I have not posted for such long time. Found it quite difficult after failed ivf so tried to stay off the internet! Xx

Thanks Louise :) Have u got ur 2nd cycle coming up?

Ive got my scan tomo morning. Feel a bit nervous but overall Im looking forward to it.

Hooe ur having a good time highhopes and that u manage to avoid arousing suspicion!! :)

I have my consultant review appointment next Tuesday at St Marys Manchester, but myself and the hubby have been seriously discussing changing clinics. The success rates at Manchester are the poorest success rates that I have seen. Liverpool womens hospital has over 50% success rate for ladies under 35. I contacted LWH today to ask about procedures for changing and I can try and get all my paperwork transferred over but some tests may have to be repeated. I know that this will set me back somewhat but if the outcome is better then I am prepared for a bit of a wait. 3 eggs and only 1 viable embryo was devastating last time... I know it only takes 1. I would have to get rereferred through my docs, but if we did then at least if our final nhs go didnt work we are in the right place to go private.
What do you ladies think?
Good luck for your scan Jack xx

I'm back from belfast. Was so nice to get away from everything for a bit! Managed to conceal being pregnant and injections etc thankfully. Got a private scan booked for tomorrow evening coz I'm getting anxious and can't wait till the nhs one at the end of feb.

Jack how was your scan? Hope all is good xx

Louise so nice to hear from you! If you aren't happy with your current clinic I would change clinics...you will always wonder what if otherwise. And like you say they have a better success rate. So do you get 3 goes on the nhs? Wow that is so lucky! We only got one!!! Good luck for your consultant appointment xx

Hey ladies

Had my scan yest and all looked perfect :)

However had a bit of a scare during the night as I passed a clot (quite small) and panicked that I had passed my little embryo :( Not a nice thing to be worrying about in the middle of the night! Phoned the hospital and they just said try not to worry and that unless there was more bleeding it should be fine.

Xxx

Highhopes thats exciting about u getting another scan. How much is it costing u?

Louise I agree with highhopes - move clinic if it makes u feel better. Go with your gut instinct. Good luck x

How u feeling now jack? Any more bleeding? Hope u r taking it easy. Was it an internal scan? I had some bleeding after my internal exam and scan at 8 weeks and passed a clot too. They said it was just coz things for disturbed in there. It all settled down by the next day and there has been no more spotting since.

Glad the scan went well!

My private scan is costing £75 plus an additional £30 coz it is two babies. Feeling v nervous! Vomited again this morning so Somethibg must be going ok in there! X

Yeah everythings settled down so I'm sure it's all fine :) No more spotting and no cramping. So bloated just now though - look at least 4 months pregnant!!

Good luck for scan - I'm sure it will be fine xx

Thanks ladies...
Well I have gone with my gut instinct and been to the docs to get the ball rolling with transferring my funding over to Liverpool Womens Hospital. I contacted the Hewitt Centre at Liverpool and they have advised me that it shouldn't be too difficult to transfer clinics and shouldnt take too long as I have already got my funding for NHS. I have 1 more NHS funded cycle. There should be no probs transferring my info and test results over to them. I should expect to hear something within 6 - 8 weeks. I am keeping my consultant apointment with St Marys Manchester as I want to hear what they have to say and what they think went wrong with my last IVF cycle. I am feeling quite positive about starting a fresh at Liverpool so I am keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well for my next cycle whenever that may be xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->