Young Adult's TTC

kit603

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
BnB does not support under 18's TTC!

However, with that in mind, i've decided to create a group for young adult's (over the age of 18) who have made the decision to settle down and start their own family. With absolutely no disrespect intended to other couples who are TTC, some of us younger women have found that we feel a little out of place around the forum because of our age. So, i've created this group so that younger women who are trying to conceive have a place where they can feel at home :) I don't have a banner yet but i'm working on it :D Lol

So... to introduce myself:

Name: Kit
About Me: I've been living with my partner for about 14 months now, and following what was either a very early chemical or a false positive we decided that we were ready to start TTC. However, i've since been diagnosed with PCOS, and i've also been told that i'm currently annovulatory. Although this has complicated things a little, i'm trying to remain positive and i'm just waiting for the day when I finally get my BFP!

I'm also a self-confessed POAS addict :happydance: :blush:

Name: Siobhan
About me: Been with my b/f for 2 and a half years, been living together since our 3rd date lol :thumbup: we rent a 3 bed house off my 2nd cousin, Im at college doing my a-levels and working part-time from home, my b/f is a refrigeration engineer. We decided to start TTC after my period was late one time, took a test which was negative and realised we were both devistated, came off the pill the next day :winkwink:

We have been trying for 6 months now with no luck but were taking the chilled out approach so it could be a while! :dohh: xxx

Name: Siobhan
About me: Been with my b/f for 2 and a half years, been living together since our 3rd date lol :thumbup: we rent a 3 bed house off my 2nd cousin, Im at college doing my a-levels and working part-time from home, my b/f is a refrigeration engineer. We decided to start TTC after my period was late one time, took a test which was negative and realised we were both devistated, came off the pill the next day :winkwink:

We have been trying for 6 months now with no luck but were taking the chilled out approach so it could be a while! :dohh: xxx

Welcome to the team ;)

That's really quite similar to my own reason for TTC :) Lol, i'll never really know if I was never pregnant to begin with or whether it was a miscarriage because I didn't go to the doctors for a couple of weeks and by the time I did my GP said it could have been either.

When I missed my period, I guess I was secretly hoping I was pregnant too :blush:

Name: Kayleigh
About me ivce been wiv my bf 4 5yrs yrs :), we have our own house and we have lived 2gether 4 nearly 4yrs, we both work full time! and we started TT last month, my bf has always wanted kids young but i wasnt ready but i cudnt b more ready now :D!!!!!

Name: Kayleigh
About me ivce been wiv my bf 4 5yrs yrs :), we have our own house and we have lived 2gether 4 nearly 4yrs, we both work full time! and we started TT last month, my bf has always wanted kids young but i wasnt ready but i cudnt b more ready now :D!!!!!

Welcome to the group hun :D That's kind of unusual, its usually the man who doesn't want the children young ;)

Lots of :dust:!

Name: Heather
About me: My fiance and I have been together 2 years this Halloween! We are getting married this week! I am a nurse and OH is a Firefighter/paramedic! We just bought our first house 9 months ago :cloud9: We started ttc last month and we are both excited to get our :bfp: soon (hopefully)! For now we are parents to our 2 dogs and cat!

Hey! My name is Roisin, Im 20, my fiancee is 22, were due to get married in 2 years, Weve been living together for 2 years, he has just come out of the army and im at uni studying to be a mental health nurse! Iv been on this site since feb, after I had my second miscarriage, the first in sept 08, the 2nd in feb, and a chem pg in aug, have had various tests and things and just been told to take my time with ttc, the first doc me nd OH saw...he said we werent ready, thats why it hadnt happened.....hmm...anyways...Id be grateful if i could join ure group xxx :dust: good luck for that :bfp:

Name: Heather
About me: My fiance and I have been together 2 years this Halloween! We are getting married this week! I am a nurse and OH is a Firefighter/paramedic! We just bought our first house 9 months ago :cloud9: We started ttc last month and we are both excited to get our :bfp: soon (hopefully)! For now we are parents to our 2 dogs and cat!

Awww wow that's exciting :) I hope the wedding goes alright for you both, when is it? :)

Hey! My name is Roisin, Im 20, my fiancee is 22, were due to get married in 2 years, Weve been living together for 2 years, he has just come out of the army and im at uni studying to be a mental health nurse! Iv been on this site since feb, after I had my second miscarriage, the first in sept 08, the 2nd in feb, and a chem pg in aug, have had various tests and things and just been told to take my time with ttc, the first doc me nd OH saw...he said we werent ready, thats why it hadnt happened.....hmm...anyways...Id be grateful if i could join ure group xxx :dust: good luck for that :bfp:

Welcome to the group hun :) Did your tests highlight any particular problems that might have caused you to miscarry?

Name: Amy
About me: Me and my partner started ttc in Nov08...we have been together for 5 yrs in Jan and been living together in our own home for about 15 months. The time just seems right to start a family. Currently seeing the Endocrinologist as i may possibly have PCOS... got my 2nd appt with him a week today. So fingers crossed xx

Name: Jacki
About Me: Me and OH have been together for 4 years this February. I was PG in may but had a M/C. Then i got 1 depo shot. So i am waiting for the affects to wear off. Supposedly i ovulated this month tho! So i am excited about that. =)

Name: Kelly.
About Me: Well I've been with my OH, David (22) for almost 5 years. We got engaged last Christmas. We've been living together for almost 4 years and we've been NTNP for over 2 years. I had a MC around May this year and since then we've been full on TTC ..and at this presice moment, AF is 3 days late and had no signs of it just yet :flower:

xx

Name: Amy
About me: Me and my partner started ttc in Nov08...we have been together for 5 yrs in Jan and been living together in our own home for about 15 months. The time just seems right to start a family. Currently seeing the Endocrinologist as i may possibly have PCOS... got my 2nd appt with him a week today. So fingers crossed xx

I hope you get something sorted next week hun :) I've recently been confirmed as having PCOS and am undergoing some treatments now and hopefully will have my BFP soon.

Name: Jacki
About Me: Me and OH have been together for 4 years this February. I was PG in may but had a M/C. Then i got 1 depo shot. So i am waiting for the affects to wear off. Supposedly i ovulated this month tho! So i am excited about that. =)

That's definitely something to be excited about! Good luck hun. Lots of :dust: your way!

Name: Kelly.
About Me: Well I've been with my OH, David (22) for almost 5 years. We got engaged last Christmas. We've been living together for almost 4 years and we've been NTNP for over 2 years. I had a MC around May this year and since then we've been full on TTC ..and at this presice moment, AF is 3 days late and had no signs of it just yet :flower:

xx

Hi Kelly, sorry for your loss earlier in the year and I hope that the :witch: is staying away to bring you some well-deserved news.... i.e. BFP!!!!

Name: Sarah
About me...Well me and my OH Liam have been together for nearly 4 years, and are moving in together after christmas. I always wanted to be a young mum, and it's only recently that OH has been more excited about TTC...he tends to bring up conversation about it, and he talks about baby names etc...so after a lot of talking about "the right thing to do", i came off my pill earlier this month :) I'm not charting or temping, just "guessing" when i'm near ovulation and doing the deed lots around that time, lol! As i said this is my first month TTC, and although i've only just come off the pill and it will take time for my body to adjust, i'll be really disappointed if i don't see that :bfp .... :(

Anyway, that's enough rambling from me :) Nice to meet all you girls! x

:dust: to you all...... x

Name: Sarah
About me...Well me and my OH Liam have been together for nearly 4 years, and are moving in together after christmas. I always wanted to be a young mum, and it's only recently that OH has been more excited about TTC...he tends to bring up conversation about it, and he talks about baby names etc...so after a lot of talking about "the right thing to do", i came off my pill earlier this month :) I'm not charting or temping, just "guessing" when i'm near ovulation and doing the deed lots around that time, lol! As i said this is my first month TTC, and although i've only just come off the pill and it will take time for my body to adjust, i'll be really disappointed if i don't see that :bfp .... :(

Anyway, that's enough rambling from me :) Nice to meet all you girls! x

:dust: to you all...... x

It's nice to meet you too hun and I hope that you get your BFP soon. :D :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Do I count? I just turned 23, but I still consider myself a "young adult" haha. Our families/friends don't know we're TTC, so it's kind of lonely doing this by myself.

Name: Maggie
About me: My hubby and I have been married two years, together for six. We had one pregnancy about three years ago, but lost it eight weeks in. And we've been trying now since April. From April until July, we were just NTNP, but now we're trying a bit harder now with the CBEFM, mucinex etc. I don't chart, too much work and stress for me. But yeah. :p We also have four fur babies, two kitties and two puppy dogs.

Do I count? I just turned 23, but I still consider myself a "young adult" haha. Our families/friends don't know we're TTC, so it's kind of lonely doing this by myself.

About me: My hubby and I have been married two years, together for six. We had one pregnancy about three years ago, but lost it eight weeks in. And we've been trying now since April. From April until July, we were just NTNP, but now we're trying a bit harder now with the CBEFM, mucinex etc. I don't chart, too much work and stress for me. But yeah. :p We also have four fur babies, two kitties and two puppy dogs.

i know what you mean about ttc being lonely. None of my friends or family know either.

Haha yes you count too hun :hugs: Besides, you're only as young as you feel remember? :)shrug: No hope for me then!!) Lots of :dust: hun and hope you get a BFP soon :)

i know what you mean about ttc being lonely. None of my friends or family know either.

I know what you mean, I haven't told anybody that i'm TTC although I think my mum knows that I might be. My dad wouldn't disown me or anything, but he'd be really disappointed in me and my MIL said, on numerous occasions, that if I get pregnant before 25 she wants me to have an abortion....:)growlmad:) mmm.... no :)

My mom kinda knows. But everyone else has no clue and i plan to keep it that way. When i do get my :BFP: i dont think i will tell anyone until im like 12 weeks along. Because last time i was pg my MIL was very mean to me.

My mom kinda knows. But everyone else has no clue and i plan to keep it that way. When i do get my :BFP: i dont think i will tell anyone until im like 12 weeks along. Because last time i was pg my MIL was very mean to me.

I know what you mean hun. I think my mum knows because i've been really broody and really taking an interest in my family's babies (when I don't usually) and i've been talking about "When i'm pregnant" etc :blush::blush::cloud9:

When I do get my :BFP: I don't think i'll tell many people before 12 weeks except for my partner. I'd like to tell my mum and dad but I don't think my mum would keep her mouth shut and I don't think I could tell dad without telling mum - especially since he'll be quite disappointed and it'll put a downer on things. I don't think i'd want to tell MIL or FIL, but OH would probably want to start telling people straight away :dohh:

I think making this group was a really good idea lol, never realised how many of us there are!! Feeling much better about my age (19) now and not feeling so isolated in that i'm younger and TTC :)

How is everyone today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->