• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

im so happy to find people like me! weve been trying for about 4 months.... but i dont know if it even counts as "trying" when your anovulatory!
my fs appointment is in.... 67 hours!.... i have a counter on my phone lol. i will just be devastated if he cant offer me a solution on the day, if he says to lose weight n come back, or wait for further tests etc. i know theres alot of controversy on pro or against clomid but at this stage i feel its my only option. im not an irregular ovulator, im a non ovulator! all the people on this forum getting depressed when they get AF on day 28...im so jealous of them! to even have that chance to tr and routine!!

so can someone explain to me... some of u are on clomid.... some metformin/ clomid. why? what do they do together?
some people take metformin to reduce insulin levels if you have PCOS... i have PCOS and it did not work for me while taking it.. getting ready to possibly start clomid and provera. good luck!

I'm taking metformin, but I don't think I have insulin resistance and have lean PCOS only... so i'm not sure if it'll work for me. Hope it does! x

welcome to everyone! hope you all get your BFPs soon!!

good luck with your fertility appointment hopeful!! make sure you update us on how it goes!

AFM - i have my scan tomorrow morning, to see whether the clomid has worked. FX'd it has done something!

welcome to everyone! hope you all get your BFPs soon!!

good luck with your fertility appointment hopeful!! make sure you update us on how it goes!

AFM - i have my scan tomorrow morning, to see whether the clomid has worked. FX'd it has done something!

Ooo, good luck nlk!!! x

im so happy to find people like me! weve been trying for about 4 months.... but i dont know if it even counts as "trying" when your anovulatory!
my fs appointment is in.... 67 hours!.... i have a counter on my phone lol. i will just be devastated if he cant offer me a solution on the day, if he says to lose weight n come back, or wait for further tests etc. i know theres alot of controversy on pro or against clomid but at this stage i feel its my only option. im not an irregular ovulator, im a non ovulator! all the people on this forum getting depressed when they get AF on day 28...im so jealous of them! to even have that chance to tr and routine!!

so can someone explain to me... some of u are on clomid.... some metformin/ clomid. why? what do they do together?
some people take metformin to reduce insulin levels if you have PCOS... i have PCOS and it did not work for me while taking it.. getting ready to possibly start clomid and provera. good luck!
I see well good luck :) I hope it works for you.
I'm taking metformin, but I don't think I have insulin resistance and have lean PCOS only... so i'm not sure if it'll work for me. Hope it does! x
. I hope it works :) good luck!!

goodluck today nlk to you too!

and thank you so much for adding me to your list!

thnx, kimberley:happydance:

hello girls :flower:

i just got back from my scan...and the clomid WORKED! im so ridiciulously excited right about now...i have two BIG follies, so hopefully can catch one of them! :happydance: i had absolutely no symptoms, so didnt really think it had done anything...but wow! told OH id be borrowing him over the next few days....poor guy is working from 5am tomorrow as well :haha:

hope everyone else is doing good!!

yay NLK thats so exciting!!!!
well i had my 1st app with fert spec today and hes given me a script for clomid and provera!!! but...i have to wait! just a few days. he said i have to go get a fasting blood test for my glucose level (to see if im insulin resistant and may also need metformin which hed rather not give out) and to see where my hormones are and he said after blood test to call and hell tell me whether my hormones r resting and i can just start taking the clomid any day (and call that cd5), or wether my hormones r peaked and i need to take the provera first and start afresh at cd1, or, he said they may say i recently oved on my own and af is on her way (fat chance) or he says "they may say your already pregnant!" yeah right, even fatter chance, dont blow smoke up my ass i was thinking!!!!
so i took the day off work to see him, and couldnt go straight 4 my bloods cos id eaten :growlmad: and i work all day tomorrow:growlmad::growlmad:
so i have to wait til thursday, ill b there when they open!

thats so fab!! hoping you can just start the clomid, then! well, actually just hoping they say youre already pregnant, but failing that, il pray you can just go with the clomid :haha:

i did a frer and and ic this morn just to be sure b4 i went so i know that wouldnt be the case! im hoping he says i can just start the clomid cos he said the first day i take it will become cd5. just any random day take the pill and that becomes cd5 hey!!..well thast 4 days i dont have to be waiting around for ov so that sounds great! but with being anovulatory for 4 months and no af...i feel like i should get a "clean out" for better chance of implantation!!!??
also NLK did they tell you what to expect after 28 days? my doc gave me 5 refills for clomid, but only 2 for provera... so will my period be kickstarted by this? did they tell u wether to expect AF to return on cd28?? (or preferably a bfp, but if this isnt our month)

if i have PCOS and im annovulatory (4 months and counting, since i came off bcp..) and i just start taking clomid (my fs says the first day i take it will BECOME day cd5) then should i expect my af to return after cd28(unless i get bfp) ? or will i still be anovulatory? will the clomid kickstart me back to a 28day cycle? :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

sorry, i had replied but my computer crashed, and apparently it didnt send :S i will try and remember what i said!

lol at "clean out" btw. nice way of putting it! i personally had to take provera before starting clomid, but my FS took ages uhmming and ahhing about whether i needed it or not. the only reason they would really insist that you need it is if your lining is too thick at the time you start clomid. i assume they checked you and realised your lining was ok, therefore you didnt need to shed it with AF. so i wouldnt worry about that.

about 5 days after your last tablet of clomid, you should begin to be growing a follice, assuming its worked. so assume you took clomid CD5 to CD9, as you were told, you could start taking OPKs on CD 14, with the expectation that you would ovulate slightly after that time, probably around CD 16/17 (just a rough guess). IF you ovulate on clomid, then you wouldnt need to take the provera, because the fact that you had ovulated would give you your next AF. the reason you have no AF is if you dont O (as with me). i would imagine they are planning to either scan you, or give you a bloodtest at some point, if this is your first clomid cycle? sorry if im missing bits of information here. normally, if you havent ovulated, they will up the dose - they have given you multiple cycles worth so that if this one works, you can just keep taking them by yourself, without being checked constantly.

AFM, i am currently on CD12, as i took clomid CD2-6. so i am expected to ovulate either CD13/14. AF is meant to arrive about 14 days after ovulation, so yes, i AM expecting a 28 day cycle.

sorry for the rambling. its pretty complicated stuff tbh. very science-y :) i hope this helps clear it up a bit for you though!

also, i imagine that your cycle, for this month, would probably be a bit longer than 28 days. but you never know. it depends how quickly you ovulate after clomid. perhaps try taking OPKs, to try and keep track?

just because your cycle is not perfectly 28 days though, it doesnt mean that you have any less chance of getting pregnant :)

sorry, i had replied but my computer crashed, and apparently it didnt send :S i will try and remember what i said!

lol at "clean out" btw. nice way of putting it! i personally had to take provera before starting clomid, but my FS took ages uhmming and ahhing about whether i needed it or not. the only reason they would really insist that you need it is if your lining is too thick at the time you start clomid. i assume they checked you and realised your lining was ok, therefore you didnt need to shed it with AF. so i wouldnt worry about that.

about 5 days after your last tablet of clomid, you should begin to be growing a follice, assuming its worked. so assume you took clomid CD5 to CD9, as you were told, you could start taking OPKs on CD 14, with the expectation that you would ovulate slightly after that time, probably around CD 16/17 (just a rough guess). IF you ovulate on clomid, then you wouldnt need to take the provera, because the fact that you had ovulated would give you your next AF. the reason you have no AF is if you dont O (as with me). i would imagine they are planning to either scan you, or give you a bloodtest at some point, if this is your first clomid cycle? sorry if im missing bits of information here. normally, if you havent ovulated, they will up the dose - they have given you multiple cycles worth so that if this one works, you can just keep taking them by yourself, without being checked constantly.

AFM, i am currently on CD12, as i took clomid CD2-6. so i am expected to ovulate either CD13/14. AF is meant to arrive about 14 days after ovulation, so yes, i AM expecting a 28 day cycle.

sorry for the rambling. its pretty complicated stuff tbh. very science-y :) i hope this helps clear it up a bit for you though!

thanks so much!!! no scans for me, he said just a 21 day blood test.
eek, how exciting for you!! its almost o time!! he looked at my ultrasounds n said womb looks fine (ill assume thats the lining thing u meant, he didnt do a physical today but looked at u/sound results from 3weeks ago so im guessing he could see my lining?)he gave me 5 repeats but said if im not pg in 2 months he will test hubby (save me taking drugs for nothing) and will do a dye test. he rebooked for me for june, but seemed confident wed see a bfp by then fx! he said my cyst count was high, but werent getting to a large size so not too severe. and i have to wait til thurs to get my blood test (couldnt get it today as had to fast first) and work tomoz, so have to wait til thurs. should get answer on which script to fill friday.
with any luck ill start my clomid sat!:happydance::happydance:

also, i imagine that your cycle, for this month, would probably be a bit longer than 28 days. but you never know. it depends how quickly you ovulate after clomid. perhaps try taking OPKs, to try and keep track?

just because your cycle is not perfectly 28 days though, it doesnt mean that you have any less chance of getting pregnant :)

he gave me 5 repeats of clomid and 2 of provera... confusing!
i also told him the last 4 weeks ive had very light positives on opk on and off and also on my saliva ovulation test microscope and he said opks would not work for me cos of pcos so are u using them?

OPKs are a bit weird....apparently they work for some with pcos, but not for others. tbh im not having much luck with them...ive been testing for about five days now, and theres the lightest of lines there which doesnt seem to be getting any darker! i expected it to be much darker by now, especially if im about to ovulate! but i thought it was worth a go, especially seeing as they were really cheap! :)

im only going to test for this cycle....if i dont get any sort of positive, then i think il stop. but might as well carry on for another week or so!

what do you mean, when you say you got light positives on OPKs? because its only a positive when the test line is as dark as, or darker than, the control line. the hormone that it tests for is always present, so you will ALWAYS get a line, but its when it gets really dark that you have ovulated...dont know whether you already knew this, but i didnt realise until someone pointed it out to me!

for the first 3 months off bcp i had nothing, now i always have the faint line. i guess that means on top of the pcos i had post pill amennorhoea (spell check?) but thats now resolved itself and now its just the darn pcos! my hubby thinks dwelling on opks stresses me too much and does my boDy harm anyway, he hates me doing it.
so day 1 of my new healthy ovary diet! doc gave me a big talk about weight being my worst enemy. i knew it but just had to hear it from a doc to enforce it! im 78.8kg (thats 173.5 lb to you guys) my bmi is 32.4.... best fix this!! ive gained about 15kg in 18months n the worst part is my friends keep saying "you havent gained weight, i dont see it " LYING TO ME DOESNT HELP!:wacko::wacko:

hello girls :flower:

i just got back from my scan...and the clomid WORKED! im so ridiciulously excited right about now...i have two BIG follies, so hopefully can catch one of them! :happydance: i had absolutely no symptoms, so didnt really think it had done anything...but wow! told OH id be borrowing him over the next few days....poor guy is working from 5am tomorrow as well :haha:

hope everyone else is doing good!!

Just catching up! Nlk, that's amazing!!!! Woo hoo! BFP before you know it :) xxx

that happy, yet crushing moment when your real life ttc friend gets her bfp... and all you can think is "no...why couldnt u wait for me..." while being incredibly happy for her...

i know how you feel :hugs:

youll get your bfp soon enough, and it will be so special and perfect timing. youll be so happy that it happened at the exact time it did!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->