• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

misskaileigh- i was told by the pharmacist to avoid vitex, while drugs are governed by a board to meet certain standards, theres no such corporation, or rules that herbal supps have to comply to, so some can be worse for you than the drugs!

That's true, there is no regulation of herbal supplements and vitamins. I just figured it was worth a shot because my doctor didn't put me on metformin or clomid, he keeps giving me bc but that would do the exact opposite of what i want. ugh. i need a new doctor

also, the reason the bcp is given so often to pcos'ers ttc (i asked my FS, because was also really confused!) is because, a lot of the time, pcos seems to be much better after a pregnancy - hormone levels are much more stable, symptoms seem to be more under control etc. so, by putting you on bcp, theyre hoping that it will mimic pregnancy, and it will help regulate your body a bit. i know its frustrating though, they did that to me and it didnt regulate at all...but id tried that 2 years prior, and they wouldnt listen that i knew it wouldnt work :growlmad:

misskaileigh- i was told by the pharmacist to avoid vitex, while drugs are governed by a board to meet certain standards, theres no such corporation, or rules that herbal supps have to comply to, so some can be worse for you than the drugs!

That's true, there is no regulation of herbal supplements and vitamins. I just figured it was worth a shot because my doctor didn't put me on metformin or clomid, he keeps giving me bc but that would do the exact opposite of what i want. ugh. i need a new doctor

i just saw youve only been ttc a month, so sounds like what your doing is good! i couldnt get clomid til now either (4 months)

nlk, that sounds like as horrible experience... and makes me picture you as being on greys anatomy or something where they are always like that!

my goal for my day off(friday) is to get my pic on here haha. tried but had trouble resizing

We weren't officially trying but not preventing for about 9 months, and just decided recently to really get serious about it because it's something we both want.
So far i think things are looking up though!

We weren't officially trying but not preventing for about 9 months, and just decided recently to really get serious about it because it's something we both want.

heres hoping! where is your cycle at at the mo (if you have one, i dont lol)

can anyone see my pic? it says its added fine but i cant see it

heres hoping! where is your cycle at at the mo (if you have one, i dont lol)

I've always been irregular. I had taken bc in feb to try to get things on track, and had af on feb 29th. that was the last time. I started fertilaid about 2 weeks ago and had all of my symptoms about 5 days ago. So either i ovulated or just had some cysts acting up. Either way i'm hoping to see af or a bfp soon. Anything would be good at this point

booya! got a pic.
well i was gonna ask if anyones due for testing soon but sounds like were all in the process of getting our shizz sorted... so hopefully soon! expecting to see some good ones next month!

booya! got a pic.
well i was gonna ask if anyones due for testing soon but sounds like were all in the process of getting our shizz sorted... so hopefully soon! expecting to see some good ones next month!

Nice pic! :thumbup:

I'd love to be testing this month but don't see the point as I have no idea what my cycles are doing and am not up for the disappointment!

gorgeous pic!

cant wait to see some people get testing! it will be so nice to see more people overcoming pcos and getting pregnant!

I start my clomid 50mg the first week in may so i will keep you all updated :) i have pcos also so hopfully i will have a success story to share very soon.:thumbup: good luck to you all.... baby dust.....:baby:

Well it looks like there is no little egg this month. Yesterday I tested thinking that I was going to have an egg. I had my first one last month around this time but instead my levels went down.

*sigh*

Another cycle has come and gone.

Guess last cycle when I ovulated was just one of those fluke things.

No reason to get out the HPT this month.

good luck with clomid, gsdowner! hope it goes well, keep us updated!

ghinspire, im so sorry to hear that. massive :hugs: keep positive...youll get there soon! do you use opks? is that how youre able to tell?

nlk, yes I use the clear blue easy one. The really expensive one that reads all your levels and such. I find it helpful to see what my levels are doing.

so its the one that stores your data? thats how it tells whether youre levels have changed?

now, i was SEVERELY warned off them, by my FS...he said that my levels would fluctuate massively on a daily basis, and therefore it would give me positives/negatives which werent accurate. i was told that with pcos, your hormone levels can drop and rise quite a lot. the way that one works is by looking for a significant change from day to day. is it possible that its the same with you, and therefore its just not working for you?

in terms of pcos, i heard normal OPKs were better...but still not definite. im really hoping its just that its unreliable, because you so deserve this. maybe just wait and see whether AF shows up? im sure this is stressing you out no-end, which cant be helping anything...it doesnt have to be permenant, maybe just take a few cycles without trying to keep such a close eye on things. you never know. surely worth a shot?

:hugs:

I just ordered a big pack of strips, because i know my hormones are always all over. i figure its worth a shot for my first time testing for ovulation. It's just so hard not to relax, especially when my best friend gave birth to her first yesterday. Holding a 1 day old for hours made me want a bfp like no other

Well it looks like there is no little egg this month. Yesterday I tested thinking that I was going to have an egg. I had my first one last month around this time but instead my levels went down.

*sigh*

Another cycle has come and gone.

Guess last cycle when I ovulated was just one of those fluke things.

No reason to get out the HPT this month.

you ovulated one month on your own and that is a FANTASTIC effort for a pcoser!!! also it could just be arriving a few days later than last month? i wouldnt lose hope yet!

i just got back from my blood test and now im anxiously awaiting results to arrive at fs so he can make the call to say start clomid! its 9am thursday here and they said it takes 2 days... fs said if they come back over weekend it will be too late for him to read monday ans assume levels havent changed!! eek
i sweet talked the lady and she put lots of urgent labels on it and wrote a note that it needs to back there by 4pm friday... fingers crossed xxxx
but then i worry he has to read it and leave the analysis for the nurses when i call. hmmm
if this doesnt get back in time i will have to wait til mon, take time off work to go, then wait til tues/wed to take the clomid...

I'm on CD9 of my 2nd Clomid cycle, hopefully I'll get a positive OPK soon!

I'm on CD9 of my 2nd Clomid cycle, hopefully I'll get a positive OPK soon!

i think ill skip the opks on my 1st round.
(if i can hold out)
im just having the 21 day progesterone test so if i find out then the 50mg failed ill just be a few days away from a new cycle anyway!....
if the 50 doesnt work and i dont ov, i wont get af, will i just go straight to the 100 the next day or do i need to have an af??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->