Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

So, went to docs yeasterday, and they gave me Clomid! So excited! xx

Congrats Mrs. B! Hope to be joining the Clomid group at the end of the month

Mrs.B thats fab! i bet its so exciting...when do you start taking it? make sure you keep us all updated with how it goes!!

Katherine, im so sorry, that sucks..but if youre already on cycle 7, that means that soon you will have been trying a year and can then get medical help? i think we will probably both be starting meds around the same time? i get referred in feb, but have been told that our area has a long waiting list. only on my first cycle of trying...newbie optimism i think!

im so excited to be keeping up with you all..im hoping more people join here! its so nice to see how its all going for everyone. hopefully we will al get our :bfp: soon!!!

nlk can you try calling ahead and getting an appointment now since there is such a long waiting list? I know it took me about 6 months to get into my obgyn as a new patient.

Yea, only another six months-ish to go and I can go to doctor's and see what's going on!

I hope more people join and then we can see the bfp's start to roll in and give us all some hope!!

nlk can you try calling ahead and getting an appointment now since there is such a long waiting list? I know it took me about 6 months to get into my obgyn as a new patient.

I cant call ahead, he actually stated that im to come back at the beginning of feb and THEN he will refer me and prescribe me some prometrium to induce a bleed. which sucks, because im so impatient! i already suggested him referring me now so that i could have the appointment in feb, but he said hes already going against the policy by not making me wait a year etc. unless i have three periods perfectly regular, then i dont have to wait a year. which would be a freaking miracle, lets be honest!!

katherine, i would be over the moon if any of us got a bfp! i think it would be so lovely to share with everyone! if we get loads of people in this thread we may have to start a list of everyone and keep track of any bfp's! x

Hi everyone! I'm 26 and was recently diagnosed with PCOS and haven't ovulated in 13 months and in that time have only had two periods. I started taking Fertilaid last month and 2 weeks after starting it, I ovulated!! I'm now back on CD1 and praying that the Fertilaid will help me ovulate again xx

I cant call ahead, he actually stated that im to come back at the beginning of feb and THEN he will refer me and prescribe me some prometrium to induce a bleed. which sucks, because im so impatient! i already suggested him referring me now so that i could have the appointment in feb, but he said hes already going against the policy by not making me wait a year etc. unless i have three periods perfectly regular, then i dont have to wait a year. which would be a freaking miracle, lets be honest!!

That's a bummer. I got lucky with a really helpful obgyn. She has been great about getting my testing done. I did have to wait until the 1 year mark still but she's been handling everything for me so far and will only have to hand me off to a FS if the first 3 rounds of Clomid don't work. But the time will fly by! I remember back in June when I had my first appointment with her and she told me I had to wait until my 1 year in November. I thought it would never come but then suddenly it was here!

Nok- the metformin has helped regulate my cycles, although they are not totally normal, since the are 38 days, but much better than what it used to be. I was going 10 months at a time without af. Though, there ate some crappy side effects. For about three months I couldn't eat much of anything without being nauseous, getting sick, or making frequent trips to the bathroom. Not fun... But now that my body is used to it, it isn't so bad. My doctor told me that women with pcos have the best chance of getting pregant while taking clomid or clomid and metformin together.

That said, I'd love some advice from everyone... My husband and i tried to conceive a few times between Nov. 18-22, which should have been around the time I would have ovulated (not certain if i did). Well, i started having a few minor symptoms like light cramps and being very tired, and well my curiosity got the best of me and i took a hpt on Nov. 30 thinking that af was due that week, and got a bfn. when i looked at the calendar closer I realized that since metformin gives me long cycles, I wasn't actually supposed to get af until Dec. 6. Well, that day came, and i thought af came because I had some light brown spots, and i was thinking that it was just starting, but it continued like that for 3 days, very light, no blood, and then it stopped on Dec. 9. Being that i have pcos, I am worried to get my hopes up and think it might be something other than pcos playing tricks on me... But part of me wants to think I possibly tested too early and i could still be pregnant? I'm too scared of getting another bfn to take another hpt. Any thoughts or words of advice? I'm going to the obgyn on the 19, should I wait until then? Thanks in advance!

wing_nut I've heard of people spotting before their BFP so that could be it. I also spot around ovulation sometimes so could it be a late ovulation? Do you chart your temperatures? That is the only way I ever have any idea what is going on with my cycles.

No, I tried to chart them before, but It was always all over the place. It's hard to say, because nothing is ever predictable with pcos, but I have never had that short or light of a period so thats mostly what made me question it.

If it was unusually short and light it was probably just spotting, though that can happen for several reasons. Hopefully its leading up to your BFP though!

Hey, of course I'll keep you updated, I've never been this excited about taking tablets in my life. :haha: I have some blood tests on monday so I cannot start before that but then doc said I can start on Tuesday and recount that ad cycle day 2!

ahh im so excited for you all!

wing_nut, im not sure....its not too long til your appointment, so maybe just ask then? but will they only be able to do bloods? depends how impatient you are...if you can wait for the results of your bloods, then do, it may be easier on you that poas and getting a bfn, if you think its going to get you down. fingers crossed for you!!

mrs.b taking tablets that could help make a baby is super exciting! cant wait to see how it goes!!

sooooo its nearly the weekend, finally! any exciting plans?? christmas is coming round quickly, are you all ready! i know im not!

I'm pretty much ready for christmas now! I've been good and done my shopping early for once!

What is everyone's plans for xmas?? x

I'm so excited for Christmas! I just wish that we had a BFP coming along with it. At least my appointment is shortly after.

Hi! I'm 22 and ttc. I've been on metformin since september and just did my first round of clomid. Now I'm just waiting to see if it worked :) We've only been ttc for 6 months but I really consider the last 3 because before that I had 60+ days cycles and no ovulation.
Hoping we all get lucky soon!

I'm pretty much ready for christmas now! I've been good and done my shopping early for once!

What is everyone's plans for xmas?? x

I'm spending my first husband only christmas :) and I'm so excited! Then we're heading to Italy for new years :)

I'm spending my first husband only christmas :) and I'm so excited! Then we're heading to Italy for new years :)

that sounds fab! italy...jealous!!

this years gonna be quite stressful, we're moving in january so spending most my time getting ready for that! its not fr or anything, it was just unexpected, so trying to make sure ive got everything ready to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->