Young with High FSH??

born2bamama

Reaction score
Hi Girls,
Looking for some insight into this; I'm only 26 and I just found out my FSH is now 7.7. They told me for my age it should be like a 3. We are gettting ready to do IVF and this is making me very worried that I might not even respond to the drugs and we won't even get a shot. Also, does this mean I am beginning ovarian failure?? I've always wanted at least three kids.. now even one seems so out of reach..

They don't test AMH here so I guess that's all I have? They did do an internal u/s (at the end of an unmedicated cycle a few months back) that showed 7-8 follicles on each ovary, but didn't say whether that was good or anything??

Any advice, hope, perhaps an ivf success story with high fsh?? Anything will help, really, I'm very confused by this...

Hi :)
My FSH was around the same as yours and my AMH was very low at 2.5. I was 30 at the time of the test and im almost 32 now and start our 3rd cycle of IVF end of this month. With a high FSH usually comes a low AMH. 1st cycle on standard dose of drugs and long protocol we only got 2 eggs and 1 embie. 2nd cycle on short protocol and max dose of drugs, we got 6 eggs and 1 embie so very much a egg quality issue with me, hence the reason we are doing ICSI on this next cycle. Good luck xxx

Hi there! I can't recall what my fsh was, but my amh is very low. And I have endo. I think 7 follicles is good, much better than me as I have 1 on each each ovary-which my doctor said there should be a lot more and basically look like Swiss cheese.. I'm 30. Dr suggested ivf for us just yesterday and we already attended the informational session. So we're Also looking into freezing any that we can. I'm worries about no responding to the meds as well, but you won't know until you try. You can always cancel the ivf if you don't respond and don't have enough follicles with eggs. I would ask your doctor if the high fsh is a concern and if you should look into freezing your eggs, because Even if the first ivf works you might not have a high enough egg reserve to get pregnant the 2nd time. But if you have frozen eggs, that would help.

When are you doing ivf? Have you already done all of the testing?

I really wouldn't worry about an fsh of 7.7, it's not high at all. My fsh was 9.8 at 27 and they weren't terribly concerned. I conceived my daughter a year after that result after surgery to removed some endometriosis. At last testing my fsh was 6.something (I was 32 at the time of that test), fsh fluctuates but there is no way of knowing how fast it will rise x

Mines 5.5 at 20 so it will prowly be the same as yours at 26 dobt worry too much hunnie anything above 8-9 is when it becomes a problem but even then it only means you will produce so many eggs and some times its not really a rule becoz someone with 9fsh level could still produce 11 + eggs it all goes on what your antral follie count is aswell try not too worry sweet heart cxxx

Im 30 and mine is 7..my AMH is also normal. Dr said I have many many years to worry about menopause so im thinking 7 is perfectly fine.

Hi there! I can't recall what my fsh was, but my amh is very low. And I have endo. I think 7 follicles is good, much better than me as I have 1 on each each ovary-which my doctor said there should be a lot more and basically look like Swiss cheese.. I'm 30. Dr suggested ivf for us just yesterday and we already attended the informational session. So we're Also looking into freezing any that we can. I'm worries about no responding to the meds as well, but you won't know until you try. You can always cancel the ivf if you don't respond and don't have enough follicles with eggs. I would ask your doctor if the high fsh is a concern and if you should look into freezing your eggs, because Even if the first ivf works you might not have a high enough egg reserve to get pregnant the 2nd time. But if you have frozen eggs, that would help.

Hey stacergirl! I know we are going to freeze any embryos we can but maybe i should ask about freezing eggs too? I am just waiting for af then starting down regging on day 21, so stimming in May. We've had all our tests done and are unexplained. Except now i think might have something to do with lower quality eggs..but that is just me not the dr. lol.
When are you do ivf?

Thank you everyone for replying! It feels good to know Im not alone and also that some of you have been told that level is ok, and even had success! I am nervous about how I'll respond but going to try to stay positive :)

Hey stacergirl! I know we are going to freeze any embryos we can but maybe i should ask about freezing eggs too? I am just waiting for af then starting down regging on day 21, so stimming in May. We've had all our tests done and are unexplained. Except now i think might have something to do with lower quality eggs..but that is just me not the dr. lol.
When are you do ivf?

If your egg quality is low, your doctor can have you take dhea and co q-10. I'm taking both of those as my dov said it couldn't hurt. I'm having a hysterscopy march 26 and after then we will hopefully have our final ivf appointment and then start ivf in April or may (depending on what they can get us in). I hope it works for us!! Ive been so devastated since I've heard the news but now that my hysterscopy is scheduled and were moving forward I feel positive!! Definitely keep me posted in your process! Sounds like we might be doing this about the same time as each other!!

I feel like your FSH is normal. I'm 25 and my highest FSH has been 17. Normally its in the high 14's and 15's, and I was originally diagnosed as diminished ovarian reserve despite the fact I had a great antral follicle count (29). My clinic said the normal FSH was under 11. Their clinical cut off is 15.

Also, to give you hope, I just went through the flare protocol and at my egg retrieval this morning had 15 eggs. I was told they might only end up getting 3 in the initial consult process.

The only thing I can suggest to you if you think your FSH is high, is to look into wheat grass and coq10 supplements. The wheat grass leveled out my FSH at a 14. My RE also suggested a gluten free diet.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected]

We started the IVF consult process in November, and I posted about all of it on my blog on my siggy. Don't fear the worst right now, there is SO much hope! Your FSH is definitely not as high as it could be. Chin up! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->