Your experience with Lupron?

PCOSMomToTwo

Mommy to girl and boy
Reaction score
:hi:Hi Ladies:hi:

Quick question, that I am hoping to get A LOT of feedback on this one!! In 2 weeks, I will begin injecting 20 units of Lupron for my FET cycle. Can you answer these questions for me??

What dosage of Lupron did you take?

How long did you use Lupron (or how often)?

What side effects did you experience with Lupron?

I am really scared of this drug but I really want honest answers, so don't feel like you have to sugar coat anything :winkwink: I took ganirelix last month and had some side effects with it. Any info you can provide is GREATLY appreciated!!! :flower:

Hi PCOSmum I can't really answer as I'm only on day 4 of lupron (lucrin in Australia). So far I've been fine but just a slight headache this morning.. I'd like to see what other ladies have to say though.. I'll probably start feeling worse over the next few days!

Hi PCOSmum I can't really answer as I'm only on day 4 of lupron (lucrin in Australia). So far I've been fine but just a slight headache this morning.. I'd like to see what other ladies have to say though.. I'll probably start feeling worse over the next few days!

What dosage do they have you on?

hey girl, i think i told you most of this stuff, but just in case..

What dosage of Lupron did you take? 10 units 8/15-8/25, 5 units 8/26-9/4

How long did you use Lupron (or how often)? see above, once a day (at night)

What side effects did you experience with Lupron? horrendous headache that lasted all day and ALL night, nonstop, for about 10 days. ugh. i was also sooo moody, not myself, not happy, and had insomnia. it got a little better once it was reduced to 5 units.

just remember, one day at a time! :hugs:

Sorry forgot to add I'm on 10units(? I know I was told to measure the syringe up to 10 lol) and I do my injection once every morning at 6.20am :)

hey girl, i think i told you most of this stuff, but just in case..

What dosage of Lupron did you take? 10 units 8/15-8/25, 5 units 8/26-9/4

How long did you use Lupron (or how often)? see above, once a day (at night)

What side effects did you experience with Lupron? horrendous headache that lasted all day and ALL night, nonstop, for about 10 days. ugh. i was also sooo moody, not myself, not happy, and had insomnia. it got a little better once it was reduced to 5 units.

just remember, one day at a time! :hugs:

Just trying to figure out why my dosage is DOUBLE what most peoples are!

I'm also taking 10 units, and have had a week of it so far. I've been more emotional and exhausted, but that's about it. Monday, I go down to 5 units when I start stimming. Took it at night, very easy to inject.

What dosage of Lupron did you take? 20 units

How long did you use Lupron (or how often)? 4 days in a row, just 1x day

What side effects did you experience with Lupron? Nausea, headaches, mild cramping

I took 10units for 6 days and 5units for 16 days. One injection in belly in the AM. Side effects were headache, dizziness (I couldn't drive), nausea, very slow mental capabilities ( I couldn't focus or remember anything), and hot flashes after the 1st week.

I had insomnia but that was caused by Dexamethazone (steroid). But lack of sleep cause the Lupron to give me serious headaches, so I learned to just lay with my eyes closed and rest even if I wasn't actually sleeping. This helped a lot :thumbup:

I was also very concerned about the side effects, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. And it's actually over before you know it.

I am scheduled to take:

20 Units of Lupron for 7 days & 10 units for 14 days ...

I can't understand why my doses are double of everyone elses?! Guess I will ask my RE, because if it's bad side effects with 10 units ... 20 units has to be debilitating. Argh.

I don't recall any side effects from Lupron really...it itched a bit at first but I was fine after

I was on 20 units for the first 4 days and then dropped to only 5 units per day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->