your experience with pregnancy tests esp digi's

T

toomanyboys

hi you lucky mums of twinnies...

well i am 5 weeks today and took a digi and it tells me i am 3+. what surprises me i thought it would take another couple of days for me to take the digi for it to 3+ becasue only 4 days ago it was 2-3?

i also have had a dream whereby i go to my scan snd am told i have boy and girl fraternal twins..funny enough as dreams go it was my first ever scan....lol.

i would love the idea of twins but will be happy with a single healthy baby girl..which is really what i so want....but this twin ting has been on my mind as i had a ghostly BFP on an IC at 8dpo and then a very faint BFP at 9dpo and by 10 it got darker. by 12dpo my test line was darker than control witha FR. and i had 1-2 weeks on a digi at 9dpo.

i don't however have strong symptoms..i yawn alot and i have quite a bit of nausea on and off and lots of heartburn and i am quite hungry most of the time...my nipples itch liuke hell too..but then i wake each morning and think am i even pregnant. i would have thought at 5 weeks it would get worse....but i would say my symptoms are moderate...

some of your early experiences would be interesting....inclduing if you took digis, any suspicions and signs....

your stories always fascinate....am sure so it does others....

i got a positive on an internet cheapie test at 6 dpo and a positive on digital 2 days later. i used clearblue, but around here we don't have the ones that specify the weeks, just the pregnant or not pregnant. i also had no symptoms until i started spotting around 5 wks. turns out thats not uncommon with twin pregnancies. keep us updated and good luck!

I had faint lines on internet cheapies at 7/8dpo and my didgi said 2-3 at 13dpo i think, i'll have to go back and check.
Felt :sick: earlier and super tired (still like that now) Good luck xxx

Hey Hun. I had a very faint positive at 8dpo with the twins which stayed that way til 10dpo when it was very dark. With the singletons the faint line appeared at 9dpo using fr. For me the tests were the same for one or two babies - no real differences in hormonal levels at that early stage. I don't use digi tests, don't like them, prefer to see line strength for myself xxx

Hiya
Congrats :)
I did a rest 5 days before my period using a first response and got a faint pos. I just knew I was pregnant, the symptoms were so strong. At first I was starving and absolutely tired I would fall asleep on the settee. After a couple days the nausea set in. I never experienced anything like this in my previous pregnancies. I found out it was twins after an emergency scan at epu as I had pains and small spotting.

aww...thank you girls....you all are really living my dream..this is my last pregnancy....(ever as DH will never ever agree for no.6) and tbh i don't think it is a godo thing nearing 40 and my other kids will need me to refocus on them...this baby will already take a away a few holidays and things we had planned....also i have been doing this on and off for 2 years...i really want to begin living life again rejoining my gym and regaingin my figure...before i hit the big 40. but i don;t mind evening out my family and having 2 more that way i will have 3 boys and wishing for 3 girls...i already got a DD but i did just for her i am hoping she has a sister...as i never did. but two girls would be like a fantasy and a life long dream come true....:) thanks to the new system thouhg i wont be seen until 7 weeks. all will be revealed then.....

Hi toomany - wow, your life mirrors mine! I am desperate for #5 (2 miscarriages last yr), I'm 40 next year so thisis really my last chance. My family and friends think I'm crazy for wanting more (probably true lol), but I just can't help it ;). I too have 3 boys and a girl and although I don't mind more boys, I would love to have a sister for Evie.

It's a,ways great to come across other women with large families and wanting more. Glad to know I'm not the only one :) Good luck with your scan xxx

hi lizzie,
AWWWW..THAT IS FAB,...are you the lady with the vanishing twin..???how lukcy and sad...for years now i had bleeding during early pregnancy and each time i bloated and had a belly very early on....and each time i thought this must be twins then i would go to my scans and there would only be one...with my daughter i was convinced it was twins so i did with DS3 becasue with both of them i felt implantation and had almost a light period for 1-2 weeks form week 8-11. i would think it must be a vanishing twin.
it would be ironic that this time every morning i wake up i don;t look bloated and my tummy although out ( but that is i haven't excerciced for quite some time my muscles are way loose) i feel i am not grwoing as i was with any of my other kids...i look more bulked up on top and my boobs are definately bigger. but then this is how i look before AF and with my other pregnancies....in and ideal world i wouldnt mind having a big family. i am not irresponsible we can afford it...and i am nothing going into the 12's and 20' in number...but i wouldn't have minded being able to have children as and when...i had to time everything becasue DH did't even wanrt any....now we have 4 going on 5!!!!!lol
at the time i was hoping i will have 2 of each...that way at last i got the balance and neither child will feel their the only sex....but then i had DS3 and GD really hit me hard. i conceived DD1 straight after an MC she wasn't even properly planned...i just controlled timing a bit....but never in my dreams did i think for a second she would be a girl.....even after a private scan it took up until holding herin my arms...for me to belive and even now i look at her everyday and can't beleive how much i am blessed. but having her has worsened my desire of more kids..esp girls....i know i love being able to reproduce and wished DH was someones who like me didn't put a curfew on it like...no more no more....then i would have been a bit more relaxed with whatever gender and however many kids came along....but knowing this is something i cannot keep doing certainly not anymore.....my dream is to have the perfect balanced family i always wanted 3 boys and 3 girls....how great would that be....but all i can do is dream and hope and pray...
i have had a 2 pychic prediction for me already that this one is most certainly going to be a girl. but you know....i can only pray and hope....
btw i had another dream yet again last night of boy girl twins this is weird casue i really want a gil or girl twin...where this boy twin comes along...i do not know..lol....
hope we both get the little sisters out daughters so deserve.....:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->