Your Internet Provider

Hels said:
This has to be too good to be true, whats the catch apart from the 50 quid fee (not a lot hey?) and yes its a fiver a month more than most...but not bad. I guess 3 years is a long time to sign up for!
https://www.redteninternet.com/
I've seen this offer - I'm sure Loulou posted it somewhere too again read the T&Cs - What will you do if you contract yourself to this because it seems a FAB deal & its crap -Your either stuck or you have to pay a cancelation & return your bargain PC. Those PCs aren't as much as they are valued at. PC world get 299 packages MUCH better than this.

Yes, you will. You'll have two options. The first option, which is open to you at any time during your time with Redten, is to return your LG Redten PC and pay an admin and restocking charge of £150. The second is to cancel your contract at any stage by paying a cancellation charge to cover the residual value of the PC, which you'll then be able to keep. If you cancel within the first 12 months of your three-year contract this charge will be £500; between 12 months and 24 months, it will be £400; and between 24 months and 36 months, it will be £250. The cancellation notice period is 6 weeks.

Hels my laptop doesnt have uilt in wifi either but it has a slot in the side with I have a wireless card in, so I use a wireless router.

I reckon Virgin media is gonna be far better than NTL/Telewest/virgin.net

Here's a link to their site https://www.virginmedia.com/

valentine75 said:
I reckon Virgin media is gonna be far better than NTL/Telewest/virgin.net

Here's a link to their site https://www.virginmedia.com/
Its just a new name, new company, new web design - Same services & probably same employees! I really wish we hadn't experienced all the problems we have because price wise its a good package but when you both work from home & its your income the internet failing to work over 12 hours on more than enough occassions (sp) is a bad thing. We understand that every now & then .... ok BUT they have done nothing but take the piss with all 3 of our services. In a year the internet has gone down for a lenghty period about 5 times - I'd say roughly 10 times for short times, we have not been able to ring out (to even them) on our house phone twice & the TV has gone off more than enough times & we still have problems almost every day!

Can't say I trust a changeover because thats all it is really! :D

stephlw25 said:
Im with AOL, havent had any probs so far! :D
Oh no Steph :lol:

I use to be AOL now I've experienced normal connection I would never go back to it for my connection. I have mates on there so fortunatly I have a name on her account & signin via my ISP when I want to use the IM feature but thats as far as it goes. :oops:

LOL people usually say "oh no" when i say im on AOL but ive never had any probs !!!! (probley jinxed it now and will be cut off tonight!!! :lol: )

I had problems an problems when I moved too because they didn't have BB in that area I was paying broadband for dialup & to top it off I had to pay extra to access dialup :x F'ers.

Thing with AOL is it sticks a program on your PC rather than a connection. I love turning my PC on an clicking the browser & away we goooooo :D That is the reason I would not return. Its far better in that sense.

From what Kaz has told me I'd avoid AOL like the plague
They'll do anything to keep hold of you by offering you useless special offers that you dont actually need.

Last time we were down south visting Kaz's dad was having a hard time explaining a problem to the tech support in india, I swear i could see the veins in his neck pulse, now not being racist or anything but i'd rather have a person who can understand me and vice versa

Up until Virgin media took over NTL i've been perfectly happy with my service I think it's only been down twice in the past 7 years i've had it,
From time to time we've had a guy visitng asking how our service is and if everything is ok

At the end of the day its up to the indivual (sp) what IP they choose

Crikey your lucky to get that from telewast/NTL

:o

He forgot to mention the little extras weve got from NTL too!
One time we actually phoned to cancel the BB because the pc was down and we didnt know when it would be fixed again, they offered us 3 months free BB connection untill we were back up. Another time Rob phoned up to enquire about something else, for being a long term customer we got BB at a reduced rate for a year.

They would have to give us a big reduced price to stay after loosing wages & still being charged for it. We were told to write a letter F OFF :o

Think we might be sticking with Virgin Media now actually they don;t seem to have just taken the company as it stands & are making improvements including new boxes & the capability of recording 2 programs at one time!

Maybe we will stay then :wink: :D

We were with Force9 (plusnet) but they started taking random payments! they one took 3 lots of £30.99 in one month and couldn't tell us why :roll: S owhen Andy said it was theft as it was un authorised payment they said they would give us the money back as a..... wait for it........"good will gesture"!!! :shock:
It was our fookin money they stole, good will gesture my arse

we are now with virgin media and have had no problems

Wobbles said:
gaby said:
Be very careful when getting a new internet deal. You want one that's a fair use policy, like tiscali or pipex. Other wise if you go over your monthy bandwitdh limit, they'll either disconnect you or try to charge you extra. Its usually in very VERY fine print, so read carefully ladies :wink:
No way lol I can't agree! I used Tiscali & it was pants! How you login too is pants. I found it impossible! Also Pipex OMG NO NO NO I was with them & I couldn't wait not to be. They charge for everything even if you move & when their service is SO crap they want a stupid amount of money so you can go & connect to a better one ... they don't even have support for broadband on the telephone you have to email :roll: THats ok if you can connect to the internet???

Dont know what you mean about the login bit. Do you mean for email and stuff? I just use gmail, lol. My dad's with pipex, joined before they want public with the hasslehoff adds, so he prob has a better deal. And he can afford the high cost :roll: Did have a bit of downtime with them when i was still at home tho.

Quite interested in the new virgin one, or the sky one. But for now we're sticking with tiscali, mainly so FIL doesn't have to deal with changing it lol. Can't wait til we can afford to move out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->