Your laundry cycle

Mary Jo

Mummy to Adam and Joel
Reaction score
Just wondering how long your washer takes to do your chosen nappy cycle?

I decided to start with a cold rinse today, since my washer doesn't have a prewash cycle, and that took 27 mins. Then I did a long wash at 60C, which was pushing 2 hours, then another cold rinse & spin, another 27 mins. So that's almost 3 hours, before I put the dryer on, and I am wondering if I should do an extra spin. :huh:

You'd think I was new to cloth or something. :lol: I always used to just do the not-the-longest wash at 60C, which was maybe 90 mins, no extra rinses or spins. God knows how long it'd all take if I decided to do a full strip wash...

I either do a fast wash no detegent which is 30 min then a normal 60 wash which is 1hr15 then hang dry or I do a superwash (inbuilt prewash) which is 2 hours exactly.
I was doing an extra rinse when using detergent but Ive switched to soap nuts so dont have to bother. Mine is also a 1800 spin washer so I dont have to bother with extra spin cycles.

i dont know how long my one at home takes but my mams washer takes 1hr45mins to do a 60wash, then i dont know how long extra to do an extra rinse but its not long

maybe 2hrs altogether, she has a 30min wash but i dont think that would even touch the nappies haha

x

I do a 60 wash and that take around 2.5 hours. I tried a fast wash on 60 but it didnt wash the nappies out very well.

I do a cold rinse and then i only do a 40 wash and it seems to clean them :shrug: (unless they are bad) then also i'm only using soapnuts so dont normally rinse :)

I do a cold rinse and then i only do a 40 wash and it seems to clean them :shrug: (unless they are bad) then also i'm only using soapnuts so dont normally rinse :)

Same here. Rinse cycle (30 minutes I think) and 40 wash.

mine take 56 mins (it says the time on a display!) thats with a rinse, wash at 30 then rinse and spin at 1800 then i dry them over night :) They are all clean, smell fresh and no stains this way... I thought if i wshed them at more than a 30 that it was bad for them?

I tend to do my 60 wash which is a short one of 1 hour, that does an extra rinse, for bad nappies i do a 60 bed and bath wash as it prewashes and all that jazz at roughly 1 hour 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->