Your major events of 2009 - the good, bad and ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something ugly: nearly got a shock on wednesday when OH could find his Wallet o_O
fortunately he had just forgot it in his car.

also bad: so many people ill with/dying of cancer :(
friend of oh having died on it recently, person we know having it(and he was as big as you dont want to know ) and now he maybe weights a quarter of what he used to weigh.
one of the best friend of my dad having it,(and he has a little son too) , my Oh's uncle died just recently.. so many people dieing of cancer nowadays(his brother did die of cancer too but thats a couple of years back)

Good

Planning our wedding
Lovely holiday in devon & Wales
Saw Bruce Springsteen live in Dublin!!!

Bad

OH found out he is getting made redundant in March
Shop where i had brought wedding dress and suits from went bust and we had to find and pay for them all again (finaly got the money back of insurance 3months later!!)
Never having any money due to saving for wedding
Boiler broke and cost loads to replace

Not as bad as some peoples year but me and oh will be happy to say bye bye 2009 and hello 2010!! Especially as we will be getting married and ttc(hopefully) in 2010!!
fingers crossed for a better 2010

Start with the bad so i can end with the good and therefore on a positive note :)

Bad:

Having to quit my job and therefore unemployed for 6 months because i was being bullied at work

FIL being very very poorly in hospital back in April (thought we were gonna lose him at 1 point

Good:

FIL pulling through and getting better

Wonderful future hubby surprising me with a amazing cruise holiday where he then proposed in Florence

Planning/booking our wedding

Wonderful future hubby getting offered a amazing new job so planning our move to a new city & life next year!

Being hugely proud of my wonderful future hubby and his 2 friends that raised approx 6000 pounds for charity back in jan by traveling from the south east to the north east of india in a rickshaw!

Just being with my wonderful future hubby!

The Good is having Noah he is my world, the bad and ugly everything else :cry: its been an absolutely shite year and couldnt cope with another like it. Without Noah I think I would of hit rock bottom

Some people have had a really tough year! Huge hugs to yous!! :hugs:

Good-
Found out my little cherub was a girlie!
Had my amazing wee girl!! Had difficulties but she was out healthy, all that mattered!!!
DH getting on really well with his job
Deciding not to go back to work
Getting the all clear at hospital yesterday :happydance:
My little munchkin piling on the pounds and growing perfectly every day
Our first Christmas together
Friends Mum got the all clear! :happydance:

Bad -
Having a scare and going to hospital for tests
Missing DH when he's working
Friends Mum had cancer

This year so far (fingers crossed) has been alright. Had some fantastic moments but the bad times havent been so bad! I've had a very blessed year. Here's to a happy and healthy 2010! xx

Good-

Making it to a year with my OH :cloud9:

Seeing my Dad graduate college at the age of 60

Bad-

Going through the horrific fights with OH

Loosing my grandmother/last grandparent in January :cry:

Loosing my job because I was dating my OH

Okay, everyone seems to have had a shitty year, shame I can't say anything different.

Good:
Moved in with OH into a nice house
Getting job of my dreams
Me and OH celebrating our 3rd anniversary

Bad:
Finding 2 rats under floorboard in house
Realising job of my dreams is absolute balls and manager sets up fraudulent contract in my name-only found out 6 weeks ago
Being in 2 grand of debt and not being able to pay it off
OH not proposing yet :(
No baby
Slowly getting forced out of my job
Not getting OH's christmas present yet and not off work until christmas day so going to have to run out of work on xmas eve to get something! Not happy :(

All in all a shit year :(

Good:
Jan- Charlye started feeding herself little foods (puffs, etc)
March- Charlye started to crawl
April- Charlye got up and walked like she'd been doing it forever
June- Charlye turned 1! Austin was born! Cyst/tube removed and declared bening!
July- Char learned to swin
Aug- Austin rolls both ways
Sept- Sentences for Char!
Dec- Austin now outweighs Char. Char has 24-36mo old skill-set. Austin almost able to sit on his own and holding his own bottle (mostly) and eating solids...FINALLY

Bad:
Jan- Huge cyst found on left ovary
Jun/July/Aug- C-section wound does not heal at ALL. Had to have VAC device attached for several weeks and debreidment. Took 10 weeks to almost fully have wound healed
Nov- Had miscarriage
Dec- Have decided to let my car be reposessed as it's either the car or oil for the house/the house

Good -

Seeing Ozzie on scan bouncing away on 6th April.

Giving birth to Ozzie on 1st November:cloud9:

Finally getting 100% trust in my relationship

Having a fab holiday in May

Making our house feel like a home

Bad -

My 3rd miscarriage in January

My ongoing courtcase causing me a headache

Finding out my sister had spyed on all of my private thoughts over losing Beau. We haven't spoken since February.

Developing bad anxiety.

Constantly missing Beau:cry:

Good

Giving birth to Dion.
My brother being accepted to join the navy.

Bad

Arguing with hubby and nearly splitting up

the good................... giving birth to my baby boy after 3 years ttc and one failed IVF cycle

the bad....................being so ill and having my baby so early :cry:

the ugly..........convincing myself I looked good in my skinny jeans so soon after having a baby, twas' not pretty :dohh:

2009 was a good year tho and 2010 will be even better x

The Bad
January - OH Lost his job
February - OH Parents went bankrupt / Lost Business, House Etc
April - OH Brother Killed Himself (sorry to sound so to the point)
May - OH Brother Funeral
December - 10 year anniversary of my Uncle Kevins death

The Good
January - 4d Scan to see my Princess
March - Finishing work for Maternity Leave
April - My princess was born
The rest of 2009 has been around Sophie really (rolling over / crawling / pulling herself up to standing / saying Dada etc)

So after quite a pants 2009 (Apart from Sophie) Good riddance 2009 and bring on 2010!!! Lots to look forward to!
Finish Pill in January
TTC in April
Brothers wedding in June
Best friends baby due in July
Dads wedding in September
Friends wedding in September

hugs to all that have had a bad year! xx

jan 5th- cousin finds out her baby boy has died at 21 weeks (her pregnancy was 6 weeks behind me) and has to have induced labour

jan 7th - my nan who had terminal cancer is readmitted to hospital (aftere being told on xmas eve tht she was responding to treatment- something i think was said so she would enjoy her last christmas)

jan 19th- my nan being discharged from hospital knowing she only had a few days left (it was her wish to die at home :cry:

jan 19th-21st - sitting at my nans bedside with her hand on my bump wishing she could pull through to see luisa born.. then being sent home on the eve of 21st as macmillian nurses were concerned for my health.. (baby/stress)

jan 22nd at 10am- seeing my dads number flash up on the mobile and knowing what he was gonna say...

feb 2nd- being admited to hospital with premature labour-most likely caused from loosing my nan...

feb 8th - my grandmothers funeral - alot of people couldnt come due to the snow..

march 28th - the first highlight of my year - luisa was born healthy

march 29th - find out a friend who had been ttc for a long time is pregnant!

general bad
dealing with how my family have treated my father since my nan died..
dealing with pnd
dealing with my fathers depression
dealing with the upset my grandmothers will caused
luisa getting a viral infection last week and going to hospital
money worries which include almost losing our home
oh cat getting run over :(

general good
ummmm seeing luisa getting bigger?
inheriting a good sumfrom my nan although it comes with so many complications it doesnt seem any good atm and i would have my nan back anyday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"