Your meal & snack ideas for 6 mnth lo with cmpi

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya

Okay so my lo has cmpi and we have been told she cant have any egg or lactose. We have been weaning her since 4 months old with jarred puree. Besides her bottles she has fruit for breakfast (sometimes porridge) and veggies/puree meal for lunch or dinner. She has done really well and loves her food! I would like to start BLW from when she is 6 months old but dont know how I transition from puree to more solids & BLW. I gave her a cucumber stick this morning an she loved it and gummed it for a while :haha:

I was just wondering what you feed your lo who has cmpi along with no egg etc and how I go about introducing more thicker/textured foods from 6 months or sooner? Was anyone else scared of them choking?!!! What is your menu for lo?

Thanks!!

xx

No eggs it's tricky. I started with BLW at 5.5 month, then at 6 month we went BLW full power. My lo caged for 3-4 days only and you have to trust your lo. Just dive in!
You can do:
Rice with chiken/meat/fish
Spageti balones (from the free range)
Meatballs (Lo's favorit) With pasta/rice
Banana bread (from BLW cook book)
Roasted veg with or withought meat/chicken
You can buy rice milk and even soya single cream
Toast with tuna and cucumber
Toast with butter (free from range)
There are c&g weetabix which my lo love
bread with humus (I think it doesn't contain egg or milk)
I also put avocado on toast

If I'll think of anything else, I'll let you know.

Thanks! We use vitalite neway which is good. Some great ideas there. Howdo i know what sizes to cut things into etc? Lol. Do i have to mash anything etc or jst give as it is/cut up?

Xx

Thanks! We use vitalite neway which is good. Some great ideas there. Howdo i know what sizes to cut things into etc? Lol. Do i have to mash anything etc or jst give as it is/cut up?

Xx

Try different shapes and see what your lo is doing. In the beginning I cut everything into chips size, but now lo can deal with all shapes and sizes. As per rice, I give him the sticky bits. Pasta - try diferent shapes. Don't expect lo to eat imidiatly things like pasta, rice, meat, fish... The texture is too different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->